What is Konecny worth in a trade?

RonJeremy

17 minutes ago, radoran said:

I hope that there is a younger group that wants to get past the definitely a playoff team era and get to establishing their own identity.

We'll see.

I didn't elaborate, cause Im a lazy aass, but what I meant by this is that others behavior could've had a negative impact on his game (TK). I was reading an article some time ago, and it was reported that JVR and Voracek were anti AV and were pretty dismissive of him. I could see a scenario where overpaid slackers, who were more into their money or personal issues, could be detrimental to the overall good. Factor in the team was on a downward spiral, and maybe those same players were anti Flyers as well. A young guy could definitely be impacted by guys like that. Voracek getting shipped out always struck me as them lopping the head off the snake.

This is all speculation, I'm prolly way off base, but that's what I suspect happened with TK

Edited by CoachX

I don't expect to see Ellis dress again for the Flyers. The Flyers are talking a good game about Ellis, but hip/groin/abdomen is just too vague of a response. They know what's going on and I just don't understand why they don't say what it is. 

Konecny feels like a John LeClair situation to me. He's going to go elsewhere and he's going to blossom and the brass won't understand why he couldn't do it here. 

Provorov is turning into a sad story. They just gave him everything on a silver plate and never made him work for anything and he can't handle adversity anymore. Doesn't like it when people call him out, demands that he be given preferential treatment on special teams, wants huge ice time, etc.... They broke him. 

Seriously, I just want a full house cleaning of all the idiots in the building. Holmgren, Lombardi, Clarke, Barber, Schmuck, nature boy, Dave Scott, just fire them all and bring in a legitimate hockey guy to straighten out the organization. Hell, I'd bring Ken Hitchcock or Keith Primeau back to lead up hockey ops if they could get rid of those guys. And I hate those two with a passion......

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I don't expect to see Ellis dress again for the Flyers. The Flyers are talking a good game about Ellis, but hip/groin/abdomen is just too vague of a response. They know what's going on and I just don't understand why they don't say what it is. 

Konecny feels like a John LeClair situation to me. He's going to go elsewhere and he's going to blossom and the brass won't understand why he couldn't do it here. 

Provorov is turning into a sad story. They just gave him everything on a silver plate and never made him work for anything and he can't handle adversity anymore. Doesn't like it when people call him out, demands that he be given preferential treatment on special teams, wants huge ice time, etc.... They broke him. 

Seriously, I just want a full house cleaning of all the idiots in the building. Holmgren, Lombardi, Clarke, Barber, Schmuck, nature boy, Dave Scott, just fire them all and bring in a legitimate hockey guy to straighten out the organization. Hell, I'd bring Ken Hitchcock or Keith Primeau back to lead up hockey ops if they could get rid of those guys. And I hate those two with a passion......

who knows about Ellis. You may be right. If he is done, why would they bother letting on? It would be putting them in a vulnerable position for negotiations, especially this close to the draft

I assume by comparing TK to JL, you mean when he came to the Flyers? No matter, he won't blossom into a dominate 50 goal scorer

I think too many people are jumping the gun on Provy. It's funny how many players on this team are being given passes because the whole team is a nightmare, but this guy seems to be getting skewered. That just tells me, Philly fans have a harsher reaction to what you say in public over your performance (see J. Tortorella).

I feel your pain on upper management, but that isn't happening this season. Im choosing to focus on changes that MIGHT happen, instead of :bonkingheadonwall: over ones that wont. Maybe the draft will turn out good

:ouch:myself for even thinking it

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CoachX said:

who knows about Ellis. You may be right. If he is done, why would they bother letting on? It would be putting them in a vulnerable position for negotiations, especially this close to the draft

I assume by comparing TK to JL, you mean when he came to the Flyers? No matter, he won't blossom into a dominate 50 goal scorer

I think too many people are jumping the gun on Provy. It's funny how many players on this team are being given passes because the whole team is a nightmare, but this guy seems to be getting skewered. That just tells me, Philly fans have a harsher reaction to what you say in public over your performance (see J. Tortorella).

I feel your pain on upper management, but that isn't happening this season. Im choosing to focus on changes that MIGHT happen, instead of :bonkingheadonwall: over ones that wont. Maybe the draft will turn out good

:ouch:myself for even thinking it

I don't think Travis Konecny will ever be a 50 goal scorer. I think the comparison to LeClair is that he'll go somewhere else and blossom into the player he was expected to be. 

As for Provorov,  I really believe that too much was put in his plate too soon. He showed in the first three years that he could be really good and rather than let him grow into his role, he was force fed into his role and when things went sidewards, there was no one he could turn to. Whether it was players, coaching or even alumni, there was no one there to help him or give him a proverbial kick in the ass. Think how much different his development might have gone if someone like Mark Howe or Kimmo Timonen hired and part of the organization. I'm also skewering Provorov because he's acting like an entitled ass when he needs to reflect on his game in terms of what's working and what needs improvement. 

I fully believe that management and the senior advisors will remain until they either get fired or die. The fact we've got an idiot GM and VP of hockey operations that truly believes this team can contend and that he won't speak up to Dave Scott or the senior advisors really baffles me. If Schmuck wanted to, he could fire the advisors group and he'd be well within his right to do so. Instead, he cowtailed like the coward that he is and didn't bother because 'aggressive retool' is the be all and cure all. 

It's almost as if management and the senior advisors want the focus to be on them and not the players or the team. There's a lot of ego in that group that has set this club back because of a refusal to see the club for what it is. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I don't think Travis Konecny will ever be a 50 goal scorer. I think the comparison to LeClair is that he'll go somewhere else and blossom into the player he was expected to be. 

As for Provorov,  I really believe that too much was put in his plate too soon. He showed in the first three years that he could be really good and rather than let him grow into his role, he was force fed into his role and when things went sidewards, there was no one he could turn to. Whether it was players, coaching or even alumni, there was no one there to help him or give him a proverbial kick in the ass. Think how much different his development might have gone if someone like Mark Howe or Kimmo Timonen hired and part of the organization. I'm also skewering Provorov because he's acting like an entitled ass when he needs to reflect on his game in terms of what's working and what needs improvement. 

I fully believe that management and the senior advisors will remain until they either get fired or die. The fact we've got an idiot GM and VP of hockey operations that truly believes this team can contend and that he won't speak up to Dave Scott or the senior advisors really baffles me. If Schmuck wanted to, he could fire the advisors group and he'd be well within his right to do so. Instead, he cowtailed like the coward that he is and didn't bother because 'aggressive retool' is the be all and cure all. 

It's almost as if management and the senior advisors want the focus to be on them and not the players or the team. There's a lot of ego in that group that has set this club back because of a refusal to see the club for what it is. 

How many times have we seen the Flyers jettison players who flourish elsewhere? I just think its interesting that we could be worried this will happen with TK, but don't seem to feel the same about Provy. Watch what happens when you trade a guy with that skill set.

On most hockey clubs, firing or dying are 2 of the 4 options. Resigning or retiring are all that are left. So you're prolly correct. You have a 50/50 chance on their outcome. good odds, unless there is another option you prefer

1 hour ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Well if that is the case they have around 11.3 million to spend this offseason.

I wouldn't even venture to guess where they plan on using that.

40 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well if that is the case they have around 11.3 million to spend this offseason.

I wouldn't even venture to guess where they plan on using that.

me either buts its initials are JG

2 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

F*&# no  maybe 5 years ago.

I hear ya. I should have prefaced my comment by stating that I was unsure, whether or not, I would do this deal. He's the kind of player this team could use...with his physical style of play, although yes...he's streaky. I just put it out there, because it is rumored to be a trade that the Flyers are looking into.

• Uggh... 1

54 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

TK and a second round pick to Montreal, for RW Josh Anderson.

Who is saying this?

I like the player. But i don't think I like that price, plus he's not the right age for him to be a long term guy is he?

He'll be 29 this year...Konecny unless he's a complete douche is a better asset 

15 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Who is saying this?

I like the player. But i don't think I like that price, plus he's not the right age for him to be a long term guy is he?

He'll be 29 this year...Konecny unless he's a complete douche is a better asset 

I forget where I saw that, but I did in fact see that it was a rumor. I also saw a trade suggestion where we send the #5 pick and JVR for Josh Anderson. I think I would want a little more than Anderson, if we're giving the Habs our #5 pick. This rumor is from https://awinninghabit.com/2022/06/19/montreal-canadiens-three-trade-offers-habs-accept-josh-anderson/4/

Edited by FD19372
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I fully believe that management and the senior advisors will remain until they either get fired or die.

Just a slight alteration, as we all know the Flyers don't fire senior VPs if anything they promote them. The ax falls on the coaches first, the GM second, the front office "senior advisors" never.

The front office is the one constant in this ongoing, multi-decade mediocrity that is the Flyers. They rearrange the deck chairs once in awhile that's about all.

2 hours ago, CoachX said:

me either buts its initials are JG

If he signs the shiny toy prior to getting out from under the other bad contracts he will be dealing from weakness and will get fleeced again. Sorry, not very optimistic about the near future. And TK is not one of those bad contracts.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, CoachX said:

How about TK, JVR and Provy for DeBrincat and another piece

Then the Flyers draft a defenseman at #5

OK....then who do you bring in to replace Provorov. I know all about his recent struggles, BUT he is one of your best defenseman. Now what, CoachX ?

20 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

OK....then who do you bring in to replace Provorov. I know all about his recent struggles, BUT he is one of your best defenseman. Now what, CoachX ?

Well you're drafting a guy at #5, and you just freed up alot of cap space, and maybe I mentioned Chi is including another player, possibly a D man. If Ellis returns, there is another option. If not, seems like cap space again 

CHI making the tough decisions to move someone like Debrincat because they know where they are in their rebuilding cycle.

PHI not going to make those decisions until they are made for them.  It'll be soon, hopefully.  Just hoping that #1 overall pick the Flyers eventually earn isn't playing for another team because Fletcher traded it for short term help.

Flyers should be trading Konecny for assets at this point.

Edited by SCFlyguy

On 7/5/2022 at 9:17 PM, CoachX said:

How about TK, JVR and Provy for DeBrincat and another piece

Have you you bumped your mothafuking head??

Some one has slipped some fentanyl into your bourbon stop sipping immediately. 

Chuckles has hi jacked @CoachX account i need to PM him ASAP.

Thank Gawd Ottawa jumped in and crisis averted...

🤦‍♂️

13 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

CHI making the tough decisions to move someone like Debrincat because they know where they are in their rebuilding cycle.

To me what they're doing is "going full retard", my favorite baseball team has been terrible for 20 years because "tank for talent" is a thing. that and they're cheap, it's far easier have the Baltimore Orioles outcome than it is the Pittsburgh Penguins.

So, when do you think the 'Hawks will be competitive again?

Trading Dach?

They're going to dump Toews and Kane.

They don't have a great AHL team stocked with NHL ready guys, going all the way down to the concrete is a surefire way to devalue the team, do the Wirtz's need a tax write-off?

So then, If they don't get Bedard? There is zero guarantee they will, then what?

Even if they do? Who around for him to play with?

They just became the 2020's version of the Oilers.

I think it's probably 6 to 10 years depending on their draft luck, until they matter again, is that what you want for the Flyers?

3 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I think it's probably 6 to 10 years depending on their draft luck, until they matter again, is that what you want for the Flyers?

Last I checked the Blackhawks finished ahead of the Flyers this year.

My guess is they will be rebuilt and playing meaningful playoff games long before the Flyers will.

Meaningful = actually having a chance to get to a Cup Final.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

Last I checked the Blackhawks finished ahead of the Flyers this year.

Is this supposed to matter? that they're theoretically "closer" to being good than the Flyers were?

I don't really see where this point has a significant impact on anything.

They're planning to get rid of everyone that is good at hockey. 

These moves impact the present and the future.

The fact that they finished ahead of one of the worst Flyers teams ever has zero bearing on the Flyers process.

11 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

My guess is they will be rebuilt and playing meaningful playoff games long before the Flyers will.

So no real guess then? 

Just haha they're going to suck but the Flyers will be worse.

Cool. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

Is this supposed to matter? that they're theoretically "closer" to being good than the Flyers were?

You asked if I want the Flyers to be as bad as the Blackhawks and it's pretty obvious we are.  The difference is the Blackhawks have a cogent plan for getting better and the Flyers do not.

Will the Flyers be better next year?  Maybe.  Will the Flyers be better in two or three years?  I doubt it. 

• Uggh... 1

@SCFlyguy

Do you want the team to be irrelevant for the next 6 to 8 years? is another way to ask the question.

You don't answer many questions directly, you deflect and redirect. Excellent skills for parenting, frustrating in this space.

Yes or no, do you want the Flyers to be bad?

I continue to interact with you, there are times you make good points and or jokes.

When you type a bunch of trolly crap like much of your output today, to me anyway, it appears as though the answer to my question is yes. As if you get more joy from being "thought provoking/ asking the tough questions/ just pointing things out" on the internet than you do from rooting for your? team.

I don't derive much enjoyment from bickering, increasingly the fans in this Flyers forum don't offer much beyond that. 

It's a shame too, we're circling the drain just like the team.

• Like 1