Tony D'Angelo for 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks

We needed a legit pp qb...and honestly, these 2nd, 3rd, 4th picks are fools gold. 5% chance they ever amount to anything substantial. I'm more worried about Torts vs Tony...kid better toe the line. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

We needed a legit pp qb...and honestly, these 2nd, 3rd, 4th picks are fools gold. 5% chance they ever amount to anything substantial. I'm more worried about Torts vs Tony...kid better toe the line. 

I get what you're saying, but a few things:

A) this franchise lacks depth in the pipeline. This move just creates more problems in terms of depth

B) there is now nearly $30 million in salary tired up among 5 defensemen. Someone or more are getting moved. 

C) D'Angelo is now on his fifth team. The guy is toxic and for a team that has locker room issues, bringing in a guy who needs to be babysat is not conducive to fixing the pocket room. 

I'm going to love the D'Angelo/ Tortorella interaction though. There should be some really good fireworks there. If you can't win, be entertaining, I guess. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I get what you're saying, but a few things:

A) this franchise lacks depth in the pipeline. This move just creates more problems in terms of depth

B) there is now nearly $30 million in salary tired up among 5 defensemen. Someone or more are getting moved. 

C) D'Angelo is now on his fifth team. The guy is toxic and for a team that has locker room issues, bringing in a guy who needs to be babysat is not conducive to fixing the pocket room. 

I'm going to love the D'Angelo/ Tortorella interaction though. There should be some really good fireworks there. If you can't win, be entertaining, I guess. 

If we had a real GM, I'd be more concerned with losing the picks. Fletch would have butchered them anyway, better to get something tangible.

That is a lot of money tied up in a few Dmen...plus Tony not great in his own zone. I do like the idea of creating more offense from the back end, to make up for the lack of scoring from forwards. In theory, IF Ellis ever plays and York develops as expected, that could be a decent group of offensive Dmen. 

43 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Report: Hurricanes ship DeAngelo to Flyers for draft picks
https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2381849

Can't get rid of those 2nd round picks quick enough....

So am i crazy (don't answer that)...to me this must confirm in my eyes that Ellis is done like a few here said otherwise where would he fit unless you are going to put Risto on the bottom pair away from Sanheim.

Damn i just don't get this otherwise....

🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Do we get any compensation from LTIR?

Yes should be so in order to utilize as much of his LTIR space Chuckles needs to get as close to the using as much of the cap space as he can to get all of Ellis cap space....of course without going over so he had around 11.3 mill of cap space to use.

Couple o' few things, first, uh, looks like Ellis is done.

That stinks- silver lining, the FO seems to realize building from net to defense to center is "good" and DeAngelo can play some ball. 

That said I don't see myself going out and purchasing any Tony D merch.

Perhaps he has learned to be a better dude in the room in Carolina

There were some strong guys in the Carolina room, Brindy and Staal.

I think the leadership group of the Tortorella Flyers will be stronger than the Giroux (led?) teams. (past tense of lead is...led but read is read? wtf)

Here's a question though; is the guy Billy Tibbets or Steve Downie? or does he just say a bunch of stupid ****?

Lot's of people say stupid **** so if that's all he's doing, wearing a Trump hat or whatever...and he's playing well and none of his teammates hate him. 

fine.

My interest level for this team has just kinda...disappear GIF

Edited by mojo1917

Off to the Lake for the week i just can't deal with shat anymore you guys enjoy your weekend...just WTF is Chuckles plan is i have no clue.

If anyone gets a photo of his dart board he is throwing at please share....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

I hope you still not mad at me.

FXJywctWAAIx5-b.jpg.79f4f544f3e4d5427a6f9151ec1b6f7e.jpg

You still my boy...we can't always agree. 

Not mad at you at all!    We've disagreed before and will again.   But ultimately, I enjoy reading your posts and our banter.  You're one of the good guys.  No worries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

for a team that has locker room issues

I'm curious where this is coming from. I've never personally read anything to suggest they had locker room issues. I'm not saying you're wrong by the way. It's entirely possible I just haven't seen the sources on this. I don't spend all day digging for stuff. 😉

Thank God I'm an Avs fan. I really have been since 2001. This team is just too damn painfully dumb, from ownership down, to have any serious interest in. Yeah, I'm still a fan but a VERY casual Flyers fan at this point. They have to win me back.

"He's regarded as a talented offensive defenseman, but he struggles defensively."

Boy, that's something you wanna hear about a guy your team trades for...a Dman who can't play D.  :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

🤦‍♂️

Edited by Cheesesteak
  • Like 1