Flyers Buy Out Lindblom

radoran

6 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

Can't wait till Oscar starts scoring big/clutch goals against us EVERY time we play him....

Damn this franchise.

Ditch Oskar (why did we sign him then!)... pick up TDA.

🤢🤮

With the Penguins or Rangers I bet.

• Uggh... 1

4 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

They paid Oskar like a first or second line player.

I don't know that $3M AAV is a 1/2 line player - it's what they're paying Laughton, for example. It's certainly a young player they see with potential.

1 minute ago, CoachX said:

Oscar is a good guy and a hero for his battle. And for that, the Flyers get skewered for moving him. The fact that he probably isn't a part the future, and is at best a 4th line guy, is dismissed as irrelevant.

I didn't realize Bill Meltzer is such a "morality" guy. His tweets pretty much laid out that Lindblom was regaining his pre-cancer form in the middle six. You can dismiss that as irrelevant, but it isn't.

There are some people who are saddened because of the player's story - and that is also part of business and also part of sport.

And when you're right about the John Q. Hockey signing, let's hope they get last season's second leading scorer and not the guy who was 30th the year before that and 47th the year before that.

For ~$10M per.

6 minutes ago, radoran said:

For ~$10M per.

Don't laugh.

But damn I hope he will sign  home discount like Forsberg with the Preds wasn't it a 8.5 mill cap hit atleast?

Remember I said don't laugh.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

But damn I hope he will sign  home discount like Forsberg with the Preds wasn't it a 8.5 mill cap hit atleast?

Cracking Up Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Forsberg signed the eight year deal the John Q. Hockey turned down.

To get the $76M he just rejected, that's a $10.85M offer over 7 years... For the Forsberg deal, that would be $9.7M over 7 years.

Just now, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

From December 14 on,  Oskar put up numbers that were similar or the same as: Brandon Hagel, Anthony Duclair, Yanni Gourde, Oliver Bjorkstrand, and Andrew Copp. Yet Oskar is expendable. Our management is useless and they're indefensible. 

as @ruxpin said it best .....here is our FO in a nutshull ...

mice GIF

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

Gudreau is the last thing Cuck Fletcher needs to do to kneecap the team for the next 10 years, so of course he'll make it happen.

Seems he is trying hard as he can....then if he misses out who will he swing for next??? Kadri??

9 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Seems he is trying hard as he can....then if he misses out who will he swing for next??? Kadri??

why not Evander Kane? His wife-beating ass will fit right in as long as we pay him 7mil x 8 years.

Edited by mkscrewy
evander
  • Uggh... 2

1 minute ago, mkscrewy said:

why not Evander Kane? His wife-beating ass will fit right in as long as we pay him 7mil x 8 years.

there would a full blown riot among the fan base if that happens