Travis Sanheim 8 years/6.25mill AAV

OccamsRazor

1 minute ago, mkscrewy said:

i already started. I like the guy. he's ok. is this going to help us trade him at the deadline?

I haven't seen a NMC or NTC reported so when it comes to the Flyers i can never tell WTF is really the plan.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Let the whining begin...

qAvH_C1s.jpg.5b6fe5f6c282403f233d798e49a44115.jpg

I like it. I agree with @FireDillabaugh that 6 years would have been better, but I'm okay.

If it doesn't hurt either of their games to play the right side, I also agree to pair him with Provorov.

Now get rid of the frauds and bring York back.

• Like 1

I think this is pretty okay.

I like Travis, if he's a guy that is seen as a trade piece to quality youth and picks, that contract isn't a deal killer.

If the organization views him as a cornerstone player, it's a good deal.

I like the player, I like what I've heard about his work ethic, I like that he's on the record wanting to be part of the solution here.

The team could do worse.

• Like 3

I like Sanheim. I hate that he's being stifled playing with Ristolainen. Unfortunately Ristolainen isn't going anywhere. The Senior Advisors "old school" vision means moving Sanheim instead, valuing an older, harder-hitting pylon over a younger, quicker and more intelligent player.

Sanheim will turn 27 in March. Seven more years may discourage trade partners unless he's having a stellar season. Given his partner I think that would take a small miracle on ice.

4 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Unfortunately, pairing him with Braun isn't much better.  There's no doubt that Risto isn't anything more than a 5 or 6 dman, if even that in the NHL.  But, Braun absolutely doesn't belong in the league any longer and certainly shouldn't be getting 2 minutes of ice time, let alone the 18 minutes he got against Jersey.  As soft as Holtz's PP goal was, Braun was the sole reason why he got the look from the circle that he got against Hart.  He just can't move his feet any longer and shouldn't even be on this roster or Lehigh's roster.  And, there's nothing in Deangelo's overrated game that deserves 23 minutes of ice time.

Provy and Sanheim should be paired so they actually have a top pair that deserves the 22-25 minutes per game they should both be getting.  And get the youth(York, Attard, Egor and even Ginning) in the remaining pairs learning and developing at the NHL level.  All 4 are clearly better options than Risto, Deangelo, Braun or Seeler.  Seeler shouldn't be anything more than the 7th, used as the 6th only in short emergency durations.  The other 3 never should have even been considerations for roster spots here with the youth they have on D, and can barely play defense at the NHL level, if at all.  Even Hogberg would be better than those 4 on the roster.

Give it a break about Deangelo  and Sanheim already hes out played him in the preseason and so far this season 

16 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Nope.  You don't know what you're looking at if you actually believe this.  Simply because you dislike Sanheim and are incapable of judging him with an open mind...

Yes.  Deangelo scored a goal and an assist against a poor and an average(at best) team.  That's great.  But, if you're watching and actually believing the guy can play defense at the NHL level, you have no idea what you're watching.  Sanheim's game in the preseason was miles above Deangelo's, without a doubt.

My man what games are you watching? Deangelo blocks shots, clears the net and takes people to the bords i think your the only one who doesnt see this.Like you said they played against an average team at best and Sanheim didnt have a good game

• Like 1

I thought Sanheim was okay in both games. What bothered me more was Hayes doing his usual watching the puck carrier blow past him and barely waving a stick at him. At least once (might've been twice) Hayes' laziness on D turned into goals in the Vancouver game.

The good news is that it's not gone unnoticed by Tortorella. If Hayes can't (or won't) be more physical defensively I'm not sure what the coaches can do about it but at least they're not ignoring it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

The good news is that it's not gone unnoticed by Tortorella. If Hayes can't (or won't) be more physical defensively I'm not sure what the coaches can do about it but at least they're not ignoring it.

Maybe they can buy him out.

https://www.capfriendly.com/buyout-calculator/kevin-hayes

I would paste it but I'm on my phone and it won't go well.

Just a thought not saying I would do it.

And then fire Chuck for giving him it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Maybe they can buy him out.

https://www.capfriendly.com/buyout-calculator/kevin-hayes

I would paste it but I'm on my phone and it won't go well.

It's really rather astonishing how bad that contract is - from the length, to the price, to the structure.

Of course they had to have some cap recapture shenanigans going on. Why not just pay the guy $7.1M per year when you can wank around with signing bonuses and have actual pay range from $5.25M to $9M over the course of the deal?

Yes, he made $9M last year.

38 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

He has played this way since he set foot in the league, but maybe he will take the next step in his career!

Ready to be that breakout star at 30.

Don't worry he'll be playing third line center for the second half of that contract anyway...

ya GIF

• Uggh... 2

I dont see Torts tolerating Hayes' antics. I'm just wondering what can actually be done.  Assuming he could be moved (hold the laughter) would the franchise support Torts if he asked to have him shipped out?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, CoachX said:

would the franchise support Torts if he asked to have him shipped out?

Pretty much a non-starter if you're talking trade. One of the more infuriating things about the deal is the M-NTC (the "Homer Effect" lingers on). So Hayes can submit up to 12 teams that are off the table. I guess anything's possible, including some PO-bound team wanting Hayes at the TD. But I doubt it. I'm afraid we're stuck with him.

• Uggh... 2

2 hours ago, radoran said:

Of course they had to have some cap recapture shenanigans going on.

What if they just picked up half his salary and then ship him to one of his cousin's teams? Ottawa or Florida?

Asking for a friend.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

What if they just picked up half his salary and then ship him to one of his cousin's teams? Ottawa or Florida?

Asking for a friend.

What if they just had McCrossin work some of his "magic" on him?

• Uggh... 1

13 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Full NTC for the first 4 years of the contract.  Then a 12 team no-trade list for years 5-8.

You can just picture Sanheim and his agent going "you're offering 8 years, $6.25M? Well... We don't know... Will you add some NTC clauses?"

I like Sanheim fine. The idea that he's some sort of immovable foundational player seems... Questionable?

Player has never hit 40 points.

20 playoff games in six years.

I don't get the, pardon me, gotstobehere aspect of this signing...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Full NTC for the first 4 years of the contract.  Then a 12 team no-trade list for years 5-8.

🤮

I like Sanheim "fine" too. But this is another in a long list of self-inflicted blunders by the GM.

Nice work, Chuck—took one of our best trade prospects for a great looking draft this summer, and made him unmovable. Classic move...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1