Flyers Trade…..

pilldoc

TRADE ALERT: We have acquired forward Evan Barratt from the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for defenseman Cooper Zech.

Who for who?????  Just rearranging the deck chairs for the Phantoms…

The Philadelphia Flyers announced the club has acquired forward Evan Barratt from the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for defenseman Cooper Zech, according to President of Hockey Operations & General Manager, Chuck Fletcher. Barratt will report to Lehigh Valley of the American Hockey League (AHL).

Barratt, 23 (2/18/99), owns seven penalty minutes (PIM) in two contests with the Rockford IceHogs this season. The 6-foot, 188-pound native of Bristol, Penn., recorded career highs during the 2021-22 season in goals (14), assists (14), points (28), PIM (70) and shots (88). He owns 42 points (19-23=42), three power-play goals (PPG), 95 PIM and 131 shots on goal in 92 AHL games with Rockford in three seasons (2020-23). The forward has one goal and seven shots in five Calder Cup Playoff contests. He was selected by Chicago in the third round (90th overall) of the 2017 NHL Draft.

Barratt skated in three seasons with Penn State (2017-20) and collected 95 points (39-56=95) and 117 PIM in 98 career games. He set a Penn State record of 11 consecutive games with a point (10/12-11/23/18). He was named to the 2020 All-Big Ten Second-Team, the 2019 All-Big Ten First-Team and was a 2019 Hobey Baker Award Nominee. He registered 41 points (16-25=41) in two seasons (2015-17) with the United States National Team of the United States Hockey League (USHL) and helped lead the U.S. to the gold medal at the 2017 World Junior Championship. He also won the silver medal with Team USA during the 2019 IIHF World Junior Championship.

Zech tallied 11 points (1-10=11) in 53 games with Lehigh Valley during the 2021-22 season and owns 36 points (4-32=36) in 131 AHL contests (2018-22).

4 hours ago, pilldoc said:

TRADE ALERT: We have acquired forward Evan Barratt from the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for defenseman Cooper Zech.

Saw him play about 10 games at State during his 3 seasons there.  Seems to see the ice well, and has very good passing talent in his hands.  He'll never be a big producer at the AHL level.  But, it will be hard to look worse than some there like Wisdom or Ratcliffe.  They both have looked awful.  Hard to find a player as big as Ratcliffe that is as much of a wuss as he is, or one that can consistently become invisible on the ice.  What a terrible pick he was.

In his draft year (2017, 3rd round) this kid was pretty highly touted. He was 3rd among USDP players in scoring, ahead of guys like Brady Tkachuk. You know, FWIW. I personally don't mind trading for guys who had/have promise like that.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

If we could get him back on track...

The problem is, back on what track?  The track he was on at the WHL level?  The USHL/USD level?  He was awful at Boston U(a very good team and program).  He was awful in his AHL games.  And, he was awful in his few NHL games.  He's simply another player added to the roster that can't play hockey at a professional level.  And, like you said, for anyone believing that coaching like Lappy's or Tortorella's will suddenly turn a player like this into a professional hockey league producer only shows the severe delusion that exists.

Edited by FireDillabaugh
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

The problem is, back on what track?  The track he was on at the WHL level?  The USHL/USD level?  He was awful at Boston U(a very good team and program).  He was awful in his AHL games.  And, he was awful in his few NHL games.  He's simply another player added to the roster that can't play hockey at a professional level.  And, like you said, for anyone believing that coaching like Lappy's or Tortorella's will suddenly turn a player like this into a professional hockey league producer only shows the severe delusion that exists.

I had a moment of optimism.  Thankfully, it passed.   It was a really weird 30 seconds, let me tell ya.

• Haha 2

On 10/27/2022 at 9:36 AM, Podein25 said:

In his draft year (2017, 3rd round) this kid was pretty highly touted. He was 3rd among USDP players in scoring, ahead of guys like Brady Tkachuk. You know, FWIW. I personally don't mind trading for guys who had/have promise like that.

I prefer they keep trading for overvalued players and giving them long term, dessimating contracts

It's a special kind of torture I've come to love

On 10/27/2022 at 5:06 PM, ruxpin said:

Holy crap!   If we could get him back on track....oh wait, when have we gotten people on track in Philly?

Billy Tibbetts 🤔 Alexandre Daigle 🤔 Chris Gratton 🤔……. I need to stop this. I am irritating myself at this point…….

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, flyerrod said:

Billy Tibbetts 🤔 Alexandre Daigle 🤔 Chris Gratton 🤔……. I need to stop this. I am irritating myself at this point…….

that is some list ....LOL  good gawd ...that is horrific.

• Like 1