Is Fletcher close to being fired?

Fizz

On 12/29/2022 at 4:00 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

You grossly underestimate Flyers ownership! 😄

His incompetence has affected the bottom line as far as attendance,  since the fans hate him and feel hopeless, no one is going to the games.  Just by firing Shmuck ticket sales will increase.

30 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

His incompetence has affected the bottom line as far as attendance,  since the fans hate him and feel hopeless, no one is going to the games.  Just by firing Shmuck ticket sales will increase.

Since well over half the building is corporate at this point, I'm not sure ticket sales will increase a lot (definitely some).   But concessions, parking, merchandise sales, etc. will go up quite a lot if people are given a reason to tune back in/attend again.

I wonder how many Risto jerseys have been sold, aside from those bought for the sole purpose of burning them in effigy.

12 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Staring Taylor Hanson GIF by Hanson

Lol

I guess my point was, who on the team inspires you to throw a couple hundred at a jersey?

Scott Laughton?   He's sadly actually one of our better players, but are you gonna walk around wearing a Laughton jersey?  Not picking on him specifically, but it's to the point that the team is so bad that their jersey sales, among other merchandise, has to be at Office Depot stock levels in terms of desirability.

It's not the ticket sales because way too many are comped at this point.  It's the people actually going to the building and being inspired to buy stuff.

And walking around with a 1978 Bob Kelly jersey or a 1997 John Leclerc jersey isn't exactly being the brand ambassador that inspires others to be attracted to the team.  That's never the reason someone buys or wears jerseys, but it's equal to or more important than the purchase price for the reason they sell them.

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Lol

I guess my point was, who on the team inspires you to throw a couple hundred at a jersey?

Scott Laughton?   He's sadly actually one of our better players, but are you gonna walk around wearing a Laughton jersey?  Not picking on him specifically, but it's to the point that the team is so bad that their jersey sales, among other merchandise, has to be at Office Depot stock levels in terms of desirability.

Great question….and excellent post.

Honestly… off the top of my head maybe Hart / Konecny / and Coots

No one else screams buy my jersey…. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Last one i bought was Mike Richard's.

I bought it back in October of 2010 for the 2010-11 season.

My daughter was born May 3rd 2011 was going to hospital to welcome her when they were announcing they killed Bin Laden.

I have some pictures of her in the jersey with C on it, took them i think game 1 of the series they lost to Sabres Mike was traded by June.

You can't make this sh it up. I thought i jixed him and having bought one since....

:hocky:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

One....

...said it was from somewhere up in Canada bought it...i'm betting it was either @flyercanuckor @Podein25 who purchased and is wearing #55 when they are watching the games.

Ya, it might have been me. I've been so pleased by the deal right from the start.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Last one i bought was Mike Richard's.

I bought it back in October of 2010 for the 2010-11 season.

My daughter was born May 3rd 2011 was going to hospital to welcome her when they were announcing they killed Bin Laden.

I have some pictures of her in the jersey with C on it, took them i think game 1 of the series they lost to Sabres Mike was traded by June.

You can't make this sh it up. I thought i jixed him and having bought one since....

:hocky:

Nice story, though, on a lot of levels.

This is kind of why I don't ever buy jerseys. I'm comfortable and I'm also not a penny pincher, but the thought of spending that kind of money to have someone else's name on my shoulders only for them to be traded weeks afterward.... Yeah, I don't buy jerseys.  Maybe a blank one with just logo, but that's been years.

The last time I had a named jersey I was in high school.  My parents got me a Hextall jersey for Christmas 1986, the year they lost to Edmonton the second time.

I don't think there's anything wrong with buying jerseys in principle and I'll not trying to insult or criticize those who do.  These are simply "I/me" statements.

I would think, though, that the Flyers are currently bleeding a ton of money on jersey (especially) and other merchandise sales, because I would think for many (not all) of those who do buy them, it takes a certain amount of passion and high interest.  I don't think this team in general --and I wonder what specific players -- inspires either.

Maybe that's just me so that's why the question.

I do think that's where they're bleeding money more than ticket sales.  The ticket sales seem to be there, even if only corporate purchases for comp reasons, but the merchandise sales have to be flatlined. I don't know that, though.

• Good Post 1

10 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

My parents got me a Hextall jersey for Christmas 1986, the year they lost to Edmonton the second time.

So funny true story when i was living in Greensboro NC my mom not really knowing anything about NFL, besides knowing i loved the Eagles bought me a Bobby Hoying jersey after he finished the year starting for the Eagles...i think you know how his career ended up...talk about a jinx.

:DancingGrape:

• Haha 1
  • Uggh... 1

40 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

One....

...said it was from somewhere up in Canada bought it...i'm betting it was either @flyercanuckor @Podein25 who purchased and is wearing #55 when they are watching the games.

That Flyer fan should be extradited to the Hague for war crimes. Maybe it was just a Risto fan, which I suppose is possible. It would be risky for me to wear a Risto jersey as I would inevitably be engulfed in flames as well.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

That Flyer fan should be extradited to the Hague for war crimes. Maybe it was just a Risto fan, which I suppose is possible. It would be risky for me to wear a Risto jersey as I would inevitably be engulfed in flames as well.

Guaranteed it was Rick.

Or Ted Kaczynski

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Lol

It's not the ticket sales because way too many are comped at this point.  It's the people actually going to the building and being inspired to buy stuff.

And walking around with a 1978 Bob Kelly jersey or a 1997 John Leclerc jersey isn't exactly being the brand ambassador that inspires others to be attracted to the team.  That's never the reason someone buys or wears jerseys, but it's equal to or more important than the purchase price for the reason they sell them.

Right now based on their improving play I think Konecny is gonna start to sell some jerseys and potentially Tippet and York, these guys have some skill and have shown some finesse. If Forrester and Brink become goal scorers on an NHL level  they could bring some enthusiasm back. I  think Gauthier might turn out to be our best selling jersey in a long time, he seems to be developing much quicker than anyone we have drafted in a long time and might be an immediate impact player for the Flyers. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Podein25 said:

55 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Guaranteed it was Rick.

spanish time GIF

Animated GIF

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I don't think there's anything wrong with buying jerseys in principle and I'll not trying to insult or criticize those who do.  These are simply "I/me" statements.

I've got a #10 (signed) hanging in the closet I got at a charity auction next to a #17 (unsigned) I got 50% off.

I'm betting you can put names to those without too too much effort 😃

Edited by radoran

10 minutes ago, radoran said:

I've got a #10 (signed) hanging in the closet I got at a charity auction next to a #17 (unsigned) I got 50% off.

I'm betting you can put names to those without too too much effort 😃

Clement and Holmgren?

Edited by ruxpin
  • Haha 4