Flyers 2023 Entry Level Draft - 7th overall (confirmed)

pilldoc

If unable to draft either Bedard or Fantilli, who would you like to see the Flyers Draft?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Pick 2 players you would like to see the Flyers Draft if Bedard and Fantilli are unavailalbe?

• Leo Carlsson, C/W (Orebro, SHL)
    • Zach Benson, LW (Winnipeg, WHL)
    • Will Smith, C (USNTDP)
    • Andrew Cristall, LW (Kelowna, WHL)
    • Dalibor Dvorsky, C (AIK, Allsvenskan)
    • David Reinbacher, D (Kloten, NL)
    • Eduard Sale, RW (Brno, Czechia)
    • Nate Danielson, C (Brandon, WHL)
    • Brayden Yager, C (Moose Jaw, WHL)
    • Matvei Michkov, C (Sochi, KHL)
    • Other

Anaheim is #2 .....

And of course the Blackhawks win the Connor Bedard sweepstakes...

I now officially hate Chicago .......

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 1

No one will ever convince me the damn thing isn't completely engineered by the league.

If it wasn't, we'd see them draw the damn balls.  Chicago.   Never a doubt.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

No one will ever convince me the damn thing isn't completely engineered by the league.

Absolutely agree .....

they should draw the damn balls live in front of the camera  but the NHL will NEVER do that .....

• Like 4

I'm not much of a conspiracy nut, but jeez when you hear 3 prominent hockey broadcasters say league wise as marketing and best franchise to sell the league is Chicago. And low and behold Chicago wins, kinda makes one think. I truly wouldn't put it past Betman to fix the draft to market the league.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Totally agree. I called it for Chicago months ago cause it's always rigged. You can't convince me otherwise as it always ends up favoring the big market clubs. 

So #7. Should still be a decent player. Hard to go totally wrong in this draft. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

Totally agree. I called it for Chicago months ago cause it's always rigged. You can't convince me otherwise as it always ends up favoring the big market clubs. 

So #7. Should still be a decent player. Hard to go totally wrong in this draft. 

ORLY???

Untitled.jpg.2e2e35145637ee76f25b38023c17f996.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fizz said:

I'm not much of a conspiracy nut, but jeez when you hear 3 prominent hockey broadcasters say league wise as marketing and best franchise to sell the league is Chicago. And low and behold Chicago wins, kinda makes one think. I truly wouldn't put it past Betman to fix the draft to market the league.

And the Rangers got the #1 and 2, 2 years in a row and the Devils got the #1 two times, yeah 

Edited by J0e Th0rnton
No

Conspiracy talk fits a loser franchise.

"We would have won the lottery, but it's fixed".

"We would have won but the refs were against us."

"We would have won a Cup, but our goaltending."

Chicago played the game the Flyers and their fans wouldn't.  We'll see what they have won in a couple years.

I'm betting they're better than the Flyers inside of two years.  Everyone will point to the lottery, but as I posted a couple weeks ago, they have tons of assets coming and their cap situation will be all fixed by the time they arrive.  They are swollowing their medicine, while the Flyers, like a freaking baby, are trying to spit theirs out.

• pilldoc changed the title to 2023 Entry Level Draft - Flyers 7th overall (confirmed)

This past season would have been perfect for executing a "tank" scenario. 

I hate that idea, like really hate it. Losing sucks only losers lose and no one should be rewarded for actively sucking (they should be beat up in front of the girl's locker room). it's anathema to how I've lived my life, and how most of the world works.

However, even I said the Flyers should consider being bad for a season and see what happens.

It wasn't like Bedard just came out of nowhere to be the #1 pick, he was projected to be a generational talent since he was what, 12? 

Well, they ****ed that up.

They were bad, but not bad enough to change the direction of the franchise.

So now what?

Hope that #7 breaks the recent trend of #7s and becomes a star player or at least a top of the lineup player? Think Nazim Kahdri or Matt Dumba, but you know, better. 

Hope that the 2 first picks next season help to raise the talent level of the club so in a few years there are a few Taveres or Stamkos level players on the roster that can eventually contend?

The core would be, Gauthier this year's #7, Ol' Foerester, Desnoyer, Fla #1, Phi #1, some dude we traded Konecny for and that pick?

Hope is all we have left Obi-Wan and it ****** sucks. 

Thanks Chuck Fletcher.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

Conspiracy talk fits a loser franchise.

"We would have won the lottery, but it's fixed".

"We would have won but the refs were against us."

"We would have won a Cup, but our goaltending."

Chicago played the game the Flyers and their fans wouldn't.  We'll see what they have won in a couple years.

I'm betting they're better than the Flyers inside of two years.  Everyone will point to the lottery, but as I posted a couple weeks ago, they have tons of assets coming and their cap situation will be all fixed by the time they arrive.  They are swollowing their medicine, while the Flyers, like a freaking baby, are trying to spit theirs out.

I swear mine isn't about the flyers. Everything you said is accurate.

It's just year after year the team than wins the lottery is oddly what financially helps the league the most.

The flyers get what they deserve. But both that and "it's fixed" can both be true (they don't have to be. I could be wrong. But they're doing very little to help fight the perception).

• Like 1

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but does anyone believe the flyers will compete for a cup again if 7th is the highest they'll draft for a while? Why should we believe it? What was the last team to win a cup with a 5th pick being their highest pick? I'm guessing it's been at least 20 years. It just doesn't happen.

I can't wait to hear JJ hype this kid up, only to have him top out as Scott Laughton.

• Like 1

Well to keep Fletch's tradition going, even though he's gone, welcome to the Flyers, OLIVER MOORE. Briere better not do that. I saw that he wasn't even listed in the above poll

to choose which player that the Flyers should draft at #7.  

18 minutes ago, icehole said:

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but does anyone believe the flyers will compete for a cup again if 7th is the highest they'll draft for a while?

Well it certainly won't all be on that pick - it will take a series of moves and drafts to reshape this thing so if you are expecting a quick turn around you are going to be disappointed.

They are 3 years away from being 3 years away i know it is a running joke here but as of right now so much up in the air it is so true right now so ask us that question in 3 years...

5 minutes ago, FLYERS67 said:

Well to keep Fletch's tradition going, even though he's gone, welcome to the Flyers, OLIVER MOORE. Briere better not do that. I saw that he wasn't even listed in the above poll

to choose which player that the Flyers should draft at #7.  

At least Oliver Moore can skate.

Looks to me like more and more speed kills in the NHL, Carolina, NJD, the Oil to an extent VGK all have a roster full of burners. 

Does Daniel trade out of that pick (down), to get either more draft capital and or a prospect?

32 minutes ago, icehole said:

I can't wait to hear JJ hype this kid up, only to have him top out as Scott Laughton.

Laughton was picked 20th and has played in the league for nearly 8 years. 

He's been fine for where he was picked and what he's become. 

This year he will be on team Canada at the worlds...he's not the comparison you want to make. 

At least he's playing in the league for the Flyers, unlike other first picks.

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 1

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to Flyers 2023 Entry Level Draft - 7th overall (confirmed)
21 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Reinbacher would absolutely be my choice between the two.  But drop back a few picks to do it and take the opportunity to add capital.

The Athletic draft has him going off the board right before the Flyer's pick how convenient...Flyers take LW Benson with the 7th.

Edited by OccamsRazor

37 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well it certainly won't all be on that pick - it will take a series of moves and drafts to reshape this thing so if you are expecting a quick turn around you are going to be disappointed.

They are 3 years away from being 3 years away i know it is a running joke here but as of right now so much up in the air it is so true right now so ask us that question in 3 years...

I'm not looking for a quick turnaround. I actually don't even think Chicago will have a quick turnaround. This is what I see as the best scenario.

It looks like they hit on the #5 pick. Let's say they hit on the #7 pick. They have a few young stars on the team already. So logic tells us they'll be slightly better next year. So let's say they hit on the 12th pick next draft.

The year after that, they're making the playoffs. Their ceiling is winning one or two rounds. At that point, the teams with the first second or third picks will pass them.

You CANT win a cup without a top 3 player. I'm too lazy to look it up, so I hope someone can tell me the last time a team won a cup without a top 3 pick.

37 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Laughton was picked 20th and has played in the league for nearly 8 years. 

He's been fine for where he was picked and what he's become. 

This year he will be on team Canada at the worlds...he's not the comparison you want to make. 

At least he's playing in the league for the Flyers, unlike other first picks.

I love Laughton, but you're proving my point. He's a fine player for where he was picked. So is TK and Provorov and Couturier. They don't win cups though.