Carter Hart Trade speculation thread - Where does he land?

phlfly

Where does Carter Hart eventually get traded to?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Where does Carter Hart eventually get traded to?

• Edmonton
    • Buffalo
    • Montreal
    • Anaheim
    • San Jose
    • Other
    • He does NOT get traded

Yes, I saw him heading west on the Yellowhead Highway just west of Battleford.   I wouldn't have noticed him but he dropped a Tim Horton's cup out the window on his blocker side.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, phlfly said:

Well whenever this report worth. 

Yeah, I saw it to.   It's a plausible possiblity.   Edmonton would have to figure out their current goalies, though.   Edmonton would have to find someone to take Campbell, I would think, unless they give up on Skinner, which doesn't make sense to me.    But, some team took Cal Peterson, so anything's possible with Campbell.

• pilldoc changed the title to Trade Speculation: Carter Hart - What would a trade to Edmonton look like?
2 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Locking this thread for now as there is no truth or evidence that Hart has been traded to the Oilers.  Will unlock if and when Hart is traded.

Unlocking thread and Changed title to:

Trade Speculation: Carter Hart - What would a "potential" trade to Edmonton look like?

• pilldoc changed the title to Trade Speculation: Carter Hart - What would a "potential" trade to Edmonton look like?

My Son heard a rumour that had Carter Hart + to the Sharks for the 4th overall pick.  Not sure where he heard that from but he is all over social media so he picked it up somewhere. lol.  It is always fun to throw some rumours out there.

Edited by TimKerrFan12
  • Haha 1

So there are A LOT of rumors out in the wide world web regarding the potential trade of Carter Hart.  Going to try to keep all the rumors / speculation in one place.

Feel free to discuss pros and cons for each rumor you hear or read about. 

7 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Briere has all the leverage.

And rightfully so.

He doesn't have to move him.

His priorities should as follows move:

Hayes

TDA

Risto

Do that and I will dance a jig.

And then if they took BPA #7 and #22.

That is a solid start to the rebuild.

I know many say this is year two of the rebuild but I don't think that is fair and accurate this past season was finally their acknowledgement that they need to BITFU.

So too me and no one has to agree with me if they want this is year one of the rebuild.

But whatever semantics.

Just get r done Danny.

• Like 3

Breaking news:  Flyers are in talks with the Russian Army regarding Carter Hart for Fedotov and a Walker prospect to be named later.

He's on his way to Nagurskoye right now.

Hope he got a new Tim Hortons.

And maybe a Snickers.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, TimKerrFan12 said:

My Son heard a rumour that had Carter Hart + to the Sharks for the 4th overall pick.  Not sure where he heard that from but he is all over social media so he picked it up somewhere. lol.  It is always fun to throw some rumours out there.

LOL

The Sharks are rebuilding. No way are they trading the 4th overall in this draft

• Like 2

Ok, I stand corrected. Its possible if Arizona reaaaaly wants Michkov 4th and Carlsson and Fantilli are gone that Arizona Dangling the 6th and 12th for San jose's 4th would be a move i could get behind.

Drafting any of Will Smith, Leonard, Reinbacher or Dvorsky 6th and one of Danielson, Barlow or Willander with a 12th might be a good move because our prospect cupboard being pretty barren. I like Eklund, Shakir M and Bystedt and Havelid and i was happy they got Thrun to sign an ELC

On the other hand, the Sharks are years away as we have barely started a rebuild so waiting 3 years for Michkov might be worth it. if we suck bad enough next year maybe we can get Macklin lol

I would love to see a full on blow up next year. Trade Karlsson while his value is peak and retain 30%, Trade Hertl before he declines, trade Couture and retain 50%.. Trade Vlasic to Montreal and retain max. The retention will hurt till 2027, but this team isn't going anywhere

• Like 2

13 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Trade Karlsson while his value is peak

Coming off a banner year - 25 goals, 101 pts! - he’s a Force no question about it. I do wonder if / when the age factor starts to ding his value. I rarely see the Sharks - does he show any signs of slowing down? His cap hit is, what’s the word? Astronomical…but his production is too. I wonder…

48 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Coming off a banner year - 25 goals, 101 pts! - he’s a Force no question about it. I do wonder if / when the age factor starts to ding his value. I rarely see the Sharks - does he show any signs of slowing down? His cap hit is, what’s the word? Astronomical…but his production is too. I wonder…

He slowed down and was perpetually injured after he came to the sharks lol.

He just had a bounce back year, and it was a career best

But a 101 point dman at 40% retained off 11.5 million would get folks looking and going "hmmm"  as it would be 6.9million

23 hours ago, phlfly said:

Edmonton.... not sure if it's  true 

As long as Hart goes to a Western Conference team then I don't care. I don't want to see him end up in the Eastern Conference especially Montreal, Toronto or Pittsburgh.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Lindbergh31 said:

As long as Hart goes to a Western Conference team then I don't care. I don't want to see him end up in the Eastern Conference especially Montreal, Toronto or Pittsburgh.

I agree...just like Hayes/Deangelo and Ristolainen...only they have  to stay in the east cause you want to play against them.

• Haha 1

I think Ottawa should also be in that trade list. They're looking for a goalie as well. Maybe trying to move DeBrincat. Who knows.

We had a 3 way, maybe Danny can pull off a 4 way now? :)  5 way?  I wonder how complicated you could make it. 

Edmonton (Hart)

Chicago (Campbell, Hayes, DeAngelo)

Philly (Ryan Nugent Hopkins, Chicago's 1st rounder (NOT BEDARD SILLY pick #19)

add picks and/or prospects and lesser players as needed. 

Chicago would obviously have to value Hayes but you never know, they might. They get Bedard so they might also want to make big moves now. 

Other mixes you could look at would be Pierre Luc Dubois to Montreal, Hart to Winnipeg if they move Hellybuck, #5 pick to Philly, probably too much to hope for, or DeBrincat out of Ottawa, Hart to Ottawa, maybe Buffalo maybe Toronto. So many options with the cap and teams repositioning and retooling. Dominos will fall and the early bird might get the worm. 

It might not make sense to trade him though. There's several big name goalies in possible play (Sauros, Hellybuck, Ullmark) and with the Vegas nobody goalie success happening the market and appetite might not be there. Not for a premium anyway. 

Whatever happens I just hope we keep going and make several more moves. 

54 minutes ago, Lindbergh31 said:

I couldn't care less where he goes. The idea of him haunting us in our division down the road is silly imo. Send him to Pittsburgh even. idc as long as the return is good. 

https://www.yardbarker.com/nhl/articles/flyers_goaltender_carter_hart_not_close_to_joining_edmonton_oilers/s1_16454_38895177

Rumors circulating about a potential trade involving Philadelphia Flyers goaltender Carter Hart and the Edmonton Oilers have been debunked, as reports suggest the Oilers are not actively seeking a new goalie. Frank Seravalli of Daily Faceoff has indicated that there is no indication or indication that the Oilers are in the market for a goalie. According to Seravalli, the Oilers appear to be committed to their current goaltending lineup due to contractual obligations.

General Manager Ken Holland of the Edmonton Oilers has expressed his satisfaction with the tandem of Jack Campbell and Stuart Skinner. Holland anticipates a strong rebound from Campbell in his second year with the team, and Skinner has already demonstrated his potential to become a reliable number-one goalie with an affordable contract.

Edited by pilldoc

35 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

General Manager Ken Holland of the Edmonton Oilers has expressed his satisfaction with the tandem of Jack Campbell and Stuart Skinner. Holland anticipates a strong rebound from Campbell in his second year with the team, and Skinner has already demonstrated his potential to become a reliable number-one goalie with an affordable contract.

Exactly what a GM says after they've shopped a guy like Campbell around and found no takers. 

• Like 4