Official: Hayes traded to Blues for 2024 6th RD

jammer2

18 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

There is no hockey value in Krug, he is old and small and broken. It is the cost of doing business in Bobbleheads NHL. In order to get rid of Hayes and acquire a draft pick, you have to eat some crap, as in Krug. All these moves are for down the road, not whats on the ice next September. Danny B is in Arizona mode, the Flyers will be contract munchers for 3 or 4 years, in exchange for draft capital. Having enough Krugs and Walkers etc also gets you on the pole for future drafts.

Hayes and Krug headed to Boston...

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Hayes and Krug headed to Boston...

So, the Bruins are going from a player who disappears in the playoffs, to TWO that get hurt, are overpaid.. and disappear for almost an entire season. Interesting.:beer:

Edited by FD19372

3 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Can we convince them to take Sanheim, instead of Krug? :eyeroll:

I'd prefer the Blues if they are taking Hayes too then.

I want Hayes going before anyone else...then DeAngelo on July 9th can be traded to the Canes for whatever.

Sanheim needs to bring back a 1st and something or i hold onto him.

Travis as much as i can't stand him...i'm not just giving him away.

6 hours ago, FD19372 said:

WHY would they want to do this??? Unless they feel like if they trade for him, they can SOMEHOW swap him for a fairly high draft pick?

This was completely about cap and reducing term. That's it. No other rationale and nothing else to see here. It was not about player or what he could bring.  It's so abundantly clear and has to be among the top reasons he doesn't want to come.  It has to suck to be traded and know that NEITHER team actually wants you and that you're just a general ledger entry.

Seriously, this is Hartnell for Umberger and nothing more. It has nothing to do with Krug and had everything to do with his term vs  Hayes & Sanheim's.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

So, the Bruins are going from a player who disappears in the playoffs, to TWO that get hurt, are overpaid.. and disappear for almost an entire season. Interesting.:beer:

They're RFAs.  This is NOT a hockey move; it's an accounting move. Don't be surprised if neither are resigned or are to a minimal contact.  These aren't fantasy moves where production is the thing that matters.

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 1

Just now, FD19372 said:

I was joking. Sanheim just is another Flyer player, who frustrates the hell out of me.

Yeah, but I guess what confused me is that Sanheim is reportedly part of the St. Louis deal.

• Like 1

Why are sending our best Defenseman to Blues ?.

He was drafted by Pronger pretty much. What is hell going on with Flyers we will never see playoff game in our life time 

Edited by phlfly
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, phlfly said:

Why are sending our best Defenseman to Blues ?.

He was drafted by Pronger pretty much. What is hell going on with Flyers we will never see playoff game in our life time 

What????  Now Ristolainen is going to the Blues?

Never happen. It'll violate the NHL's "Chuck broke it, you bought it" policy.

So from reports it was Krug's agent who fcuked this trade all up he leaked it and it went up in flames as soon as he did.

So it isn't on the Flyers it is on the Blues side of things. If everyone remembers they flipped Ivan with no one knowing squat - so that tells me Danny and Keith can execute a deal and no leak info but not much you can do once they have asked the agent to ask his client if he will waive his NTC...and well he wants to take his ball and go home.

• Like 1

Agents, journalists, little bobbleheard turd commissioners, bloggers, tweeters, tik tokkers, chat rooms, all factors in the modern NHL. IMHO, this is all on the chucktard. Somebody was paying him to sabotage our once mighty Flyers!

And Eklund might have actually made a good point. There is such a glut of bad contract dumping and players wanting out of town that GM's can be patient and not overpay.

33 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

Agents, journalists, little bobbleheard turd commissioners, bloggers, tweeters, tik tokkers, chat rooms, all factors in the modern NHL. IMHO, this is all on the chucktard. Somebody was paying him to sabotage our once mighty Flyers!

And Eklund might have actually made a good point. There is such a glut of bad contract dumping and players wanting out of town that GM's can be patient and not overpay.

Hayes is finally gone picking up 50% for a 2024 6th rounder. I'll take it done.

Good bye dude good riddance!!!!!