Flyers Sign Garnett Hathaway

CoachX

13 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Uh oh...someone hurt some feelings...

...the pussification continues...

Is it?

or is it setting a high standard of conduct for all employees?

Disregard for the dignity of others isn't a good look for any culture. 

14 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Is it?

or is it setting a high standard of conduct for all employees?

Disregard for the dignity of others isn't a good look for any culture. 

Can't say not sure what is was that was said.

With the way the world is today with everyone so sensitive you just don't know how to call it.

10 minutes ago, Billsthree said:

Thanks for sharing i couldn't find it yesterday because they backtracked and removed it.

I find that funny but sure not professional and i have seen many in the press have that face like they want to say that but aren't allowed to but i get it they had to punish someone for saying that.

Doesn't mean it isn't still funny though. Too bad we didn't get some of that when Chuck was ever talking about it.

Off with their heads...

• Like 1

Their 4th line, is really filling out nicely lol. $2.375 AAV, for someone who I would call a simply a "pot-stirrer". His career high in points was 26 (in 2021-22) on a much more talented Capitals team. Meh.

21 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Thanks for sharing i couldn't find it yesterday because they backtracked and removed it.

I find that funny but sure not professional and i have seen many in the press have that face like they want to say that but aren't allowed to but i get it they had to punish someone for saying that.

Doesn't mean it isn't still funny though. Too bad we didn't get some of that when Chuck was ever talking about it.

Off with their heads...

It sounded like the reporter, being ridiculed for lack of a better term, was Taryn Hatcher. Yeah..whoever it was that did that, will obviously face some consequences. Dude..you're mic was on..dummy!

Edited by FD19372
  • Haha 1

@CoachX

@OccamsRazor

Fair points.

I agree this is, what's the term? A big nothing burger. There's no hockey news so dumb stuff is amplified. 

However, if a person can't act as a professional in a professional setting...then, justifiably, they reap the consequences. 

Somethings need to stay in the thought bubble until beers in the parking lot time, this situation is a perfect example.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

So 2 years of Garnet Hathaway at $2.375mil/year. Briere has now used his one Get Out Of Jail free card. As long as there’s no more WTF moves like this one the Flyers can stay on track.

Two year contracts on a rebuild are fine. It's the idiotic long term deals and constant going for it that gets you where we are right now....selecting high in the draft and spending the next while trying to get rid of idiotic long term contracts.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Two year contracts on a rebuild are fine. It's the idiotic long term deals and constant going for it that gets you where we are right now....selecting high in the draft and spending the next while trying to get rid of idiotic long term contracts.

Cap friendly has them at 10 forwards including Laczynski and Allison. In this context, those spots are up for grabs as neither guy has shown either a second gear or a way of staying healthy.

The guys "blocking" in this situation are Couturier and Atkinson, with Atkinson being on the same short term timeline as Hathaway. And, of course, Ntcolas Deslaurier.

The organization has made no bones about next season not going to be a good one.

That c/should give them another reasonably high draft pick and allow the "real" development to start in Y2-3.

I also think the Flyers could offer Hathaway more than other teams and are in a position now acquire draft capital, retaining salary as necessary.

The two year deal says flat out "not a long term piece investment."

As of rightnow they have (NHL roster) six guys signed for three or more years. NONE of them were signed or acquired by Briere.

We really have NO IDEA what his long term vision for the team is.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

27 minutes ago, radoran said:

We really have NO IDEA what his long term vision for the team is.

However,  this factoid will not deter us from lambasting him for any decision we feel is inappropriate or not in line with our own individual opinion of how this team should be run, even if it isn't in line with whatever that long term vision/plan is.

It the Forum way!

• Like 2

Just now, CoachX said:

However,  this factoid will not deter us from lambasting him for any decision we feel is inappropriate or not in line with our own individual opinion of how this team should be run, even if it isn't in line with whatever that long term vision/plan is.

It the Forum way!

Sure and I get that, but if your long term plan involves which bottom six winger to sign in a fill in role as the team bottoms out then I might suggest getting a hobby, but upon reflection perhaps a more useful hobby...

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

And I'll go with @OccamsRazor here in that all these kids actually have to PLAY their way into the NHL and if they DO then I don't see much in the way of them claiming a spot.

Hopefully that continues as part of the "new way."

• Like 4

I'm really ok with the Hathaway signing. He's a tough player with some 'tude, and from what I'm reading, a professional. Plus he knows his future in Philly is limited, unless he somehow performs at a level that causes them to keep him. Maybe he has a fire under his asss that could set an example for these young guys

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoachX said:

Plus he knows his future in Philly is limited, unless he somehow performs at a level that causes them to keep him

I think his value is as a trade asset to acquire picks to assist the rebuild.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, radoran said:

I think his value is as a trade asset to acquire picks to assist the rebuild.

That's even better. I fully endorse this POV. Well done sir