2023-24 Philadelphia Flyers

On 8/2/2023 at 2:08 PM, pilldoc said:

touche

So I found this what is up with this?

I am at work and driving to the Lake when I get can anyone here see what the tweet means?

If you can.

Or i will look into it tonight.

Edited by OccamsRazor

46 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I am at work and driving to the Lake when I get can anyone here see what the tweet means?

If you can.

This must be a rumor. Nothing showing a trade.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

If you can.

Rizzo? Frank?

🤔

Rizzo has the hands, but does he have the skating? That seems to be the major concern. I know he moves well North/South, but his lateral movement is lacking.

Also, how many contracts are the Flyers at? Maybe this is the time to stop handing contracts out like candy and start leaving open contract spaces.

On 8/2/2023 at 12:49 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Ok so why not trade them to the Ducks for Zegras?

Right?

He is 22.

Unless you're saying you don't like Zegras then?

I like Zegras, i just figure alot of teams are tight on the cap and might not be able to take both Konecny and Hart. Hart for Zegras straight up is a fair trade ,.Konecny is worth two assets.

On 8/2/2023 at 12:49 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Ok so why not trade them to the Ducks for Zegras?

Right?

He is 22.

Unless you're saying you don't like Zegras then?

I like Zegras, i just figure alot of teams are tight on the cap and might not be able to take both Konecny and Hart. Hart and something else for Zegras is a fair trade, it all depends on how much the Ducks value Hart. Konecny is worth two assets, his value will he highest at the deadline, but you run the risk of dropping his value if there's an injury or a crappy season by holding on to him for half a season instead of trading him now. 

57 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Quick  Chuck...sign this defenceman NOT covering Michkov in front of the net!

Oh, right, he's gone.

We already have one signed for 8 years no need for another one.

Remember we do have a cap.

3 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Ducks should trade Zegras to the Flyers for Ristolainen and a 4th round pick.

While we're being ridiculous.  I know it's the beginning of August, but Jesus.

I'd offer future considerations and maybe offer to take a draft pick with Zegras.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

Edited by radoran

13 minutes ago, radoran said:

I'd offer future considerations and maybe offer to take a draft pick with Zegras.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

Lol

This is why we don't trade much in fantasy. Lol  Ristolainen is Finnish, though, so I think we should get at least two draft picks and the guy named Future.

I had a friend who named his kid "Return," so I suppose "Future" is possible.

Edited by ruxpin

19 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Lol

This is why we don't trade much in fantasy. Lol  Ristolainen is Finnish, though, so I think we should get at least two draft picks and the guy named Future.

I had a friend who named his kid "Return," so I suppose "Future" is possible.

If we're not going to talk about serious offers and whether we would trade Zegras in the same situation, I think my offer is fair.

:hyper:

Anaheim is in exactly the same situation as the Flyers. Any piece one sees there that could be a foundational piece for the Flyers ALREADY IS for the Ducks.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

2 hours ago, radoran said:

If we're not going to talk about serious offers and whether we would trade Zegras in the same situation, I think my offer is fair.

Anaheim is in exactly the same situation as the Flyers. Any piece one sees there that could be a foundational piece for the Flyers ALREADY IS for the Ducks.

Absolutely no disagreement.

And yeah, I know your proposed offer was in the spirit of what had gone before.

10 hours ago, radoran said:

Ya, but ALL the GMs in the league owe us for the Fletcher years

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well when you really think about it...It's all there.

All I know is once they put that little Billy Penn statue on the Comcast tower- BOOM  Phillies win the World series and then Eagles win the Superbowl.

However,

I'm having a hard time thinking that a relative of Kate Smith's is going to care enough about this to seek out a shaman of the dark magik to curse a hockey team.  

Plus, does anyone actually think a relative of Kate Smith's "knows a guy" (or gal)" ? 

Signs point to "no"

Just seems like a lot of squeeze for little to no juice to me.

The idea of applying today's mores and values to people that lived a century ago is not fair to those people. Much the same way continuing to venerate those old timey folks "just because" is not fair to today's values.

There is a reasonable middle path here should one seek it.

14 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Well when you really think about it...It's all there.

All I know is once they put that little Billy Penn statue on the Comcast tower- BOOM  Phillies win the World series and then Eagles win the Superbowl.

However,

I'm having a hard time thinking that a relative of Kate Smith's is going to care enough about this to seek out a shaman of the dark magik to curse a hockey team.  

Plus, does anyone actually think a relative of Kate Smith's "knows a guy" (or gal)" ? 

Signs point to "no"

Just seems like a lot of squeeze for little to no juice to me.

The idea of applying today's mores and values to people that lived a century ago is not fair to those people. Much the same way continuing to venerate those old timey folks "just because" is not fair to today's values.

There is a reasonable middle path here should one seek it.

Or todays lack of values.

• Like 1

I really wish the Flyers weren't so short on centers.

I would really like to see them try Morgan Frost at LW.

To me he seems best suited for that spot.

But with only Coots, Laughton and Poeling left to play center seems he maybe be shoe horned in there.

Maybe in time they can rearrange.

Frost -Gauthier-Michkov

On paper looks like a dandy!!!

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I really wish the Flyers weren't so short on centers.

I would really like to see them try Morgan Frost at LW.

To me he seems best suited for that spot.

But with only Coots, Laughton and Poeling left to play center seems he maybe be shoe horned in there.

Maybe in time they can rearrange.

Frost -Gauthier-Michkov

On paper looks like a dandy!!!

Frost showed some incredible flashes of skill, playmaking and shooting ability last year.  He made some high skill plays that you never see from a Flyers player, his shot was most suprising of all, he scored a few incredible goals. All he needs is the right linemates and to be consistent. I think having Gauthier and Mikchov would give him lots of room to operate.  Even Frost Gauthier and Tippett sounds good.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2023 at 6:45 PM, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I love it. All this extra money is going to be crucial come the trade deadline. They'll be able to take on bad contracts and receive incredible assets in return. This is what smart GMs with a plan do. They know when they'll be able to strike. 

As others have said, this club is going to be better. They'll be horrible, but better. You'll see which guys are going to be the guys who stay and that's critical. Next year will be a huge year for youth. It's very possible that Gauthier, Desnoyers, Andrae and possibly Grans all make the big club. I know a lot on here like Desnoyers, but I think they're going to let him dominate down in Lehigh Valley before he gets the full call.

That's what I hope Briere does this year, let the youth play. When the deadline rolls around, take on bad contracts for assets and build up the draft capital. It will be a long season but if Briere sticks to the true rebuild then it will be interesting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

Frost showed some incredible flashes of skill, playmaking and shooting ability last year.  He made some high skill plays that you never see from a Flyers player, his shot was most suprising of all, he scored a few incredible goals. All he needs is the right linemates and to be consistent. I think having Gauthier and Mikchov would give him lots of room to operate.  Even Frost Gauthier and Tippett sounds good.

I can see some Mitch Marner lite in him if he was on the wing.

Not sure if Torts would give him a shot though.