Flyers preview are they the worst team in Hockey?

yave1964

Worst team or not if Flyers can get a 1st for this would you do it?

2.95mill cap hit for the next 3 season.

By the time the contract is up Michkov should be coming over.

I'm leaning I would however the issue becomes someone like Allison would have to go on waivers unless you send Foerster down in the meantime.

Just something to ponder.

I would only do this for a  Wing's 1st and the Sens 2025 2nd.

Otherwise no hold out for a better offer.

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I can get where @GrittyForever is coming from.

Whenever a perceived positive comment is met with "Well it's better than 5 years ago, or Fletcher did this and **** Clarkie"...That gets tiresome. 

I get where they're coming from.

The problem arises when if you don't completely agree with every "this is great" pronouncement, you were a loser in high school who should just go *post redacted*.

I made a very valid apples to apples "won the" comparison and until anyone in that draft class even plays a game I'll be quite fine in not jumping on another "everything is great" bandwagon.

"Give them the chance to succeed before declaring them victorious" isn't a "negative" outlook.

It's reality.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Worst team or not if Flyers can get a 1st for this would you do it?

2.95mill cap hit for the next 3 season.

By the time the contract is up Michkov should be coming over.

I'm leaning I would however the issue becomes someone like Allison would have to go on waivers unless you send Foerster down in the meantime.

Just something to ponder.

I would only do this for a  Wing's 1st and the Sens 2025 2nd.

Otherwise no hold out for a better offer.

No all day long.  Our first is going to be high. No way in hell I'm trading that for someone who will be gone before the zolotoy rebenok gets here.

The first rounder, however, will likely be ready to go when he arrives or will have up to two years in on his entry contract.

If we're trading our first, it needs to be Draisaitl.

EDIT:  I misunderstood. The first would come the Flyers way?  Then yes. Why not?

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

No all day long.  Our first is going to be high. No way in hell I'm trading that for someone who will be gone before the zolotoy rebenok gets here.

The first rounder, however, will likely be ready to go when he arrives or will have up to two years in on his entry contract.

If we're trading our first, it needs to be Draisaitl.

EDIT:  I misunderstood. The first would come the Flyers way?  Then yes. Why not?

Rux I think you mis read that.

The 1st would be coming to the Flyers as a salary dump to take the player back.

I'm saying for a 1st and a 2nd back I take on that contract.

You're doing them a favor.

25 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Exactly.

Only reason I can come up with is there is a better deal to be had.

We wouldn't know that but maybe Danny does.

But at $2.9 million cap hit x3 year (this year + 2 more years), do you really want to spend that type of $$$ on a bottom 6 winger? At the time he was draft (#120 / 4th RD Tampa), he was viewed as being a potential third line, energy winger that played a pretty smart two-way game at the time.  In 2017-18 with Syracuse (TB AHL Team) he had 15G 38G = 53 PTs in 60 games and has not come close to replicating those numbers .......

"IF" Ottawa wants to give the Flyers a 2024 1st  and a 2024 2nd to move his contract, that is the ONLY reason I would make a move for him.

11 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

But at $2.9 million cap hit x3 year (this year + 2 more years), do you really want to spend that type of $$$ on a bottom 6 winger?

Well you have to use the 6.25 mill of Ellis cap hit every year don't you?

Either way I want to what is best the the team adding assets that won't hinder their progression so if they can afford the luxury of doing so if they choose.

I want to ready to hit the ground running when MM arrives with no hindrance of adding some good talent if they show they are close to competing.

This is what I thought the deal would look like when @OccamsRazor posted it a couple days ago for the first time.

I would probably do this for a 2024 first and would absolutely do this for a first plus.

Mathieu's contract will be over before this team is even remotely close to competing.  This is the kind of deal a rebuilding team does.

• Like 4

I don't see anything negative in taking on a 3 year not so huge contract on a team that won't be very good if you're getting a good asset in return. This is how you speed up the rebuild. 

I just don't see the Habs giving up a 1st but we shall see.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Habs?

You meant the Sens right?

Yes, Sens. Not sure why I was thinking Habs. They are more whee we are right now. The Sens may actually want to take the next step and that could involve some capspace...just not sure about a 1st from their perspective.

12 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

just not sure about a 1st from their perspective.

I want the Red Wings pick they own i feel it has a chance to be lower than the Sens.

I'd prefer their 2nd in 2025 if they'd throw it in but i guess i would take a prospect back if that is what they prefer to get it done.

But from a lot of reports the Flyers have told them what they would take and have moved on while they contemplate the offer (which they may have done and will get back to talks later).

We'll wait and see. Team seems to be shaping up well.

Feels good to not have to talk about the guys who we won't mention who use to be here.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I want the Red Wings pick they own i feel it has a chance to be lower than the Sens.

I'd prefer their 2nd in 2025 if they'd throw it in but i guess i would take a prospect back if that is what they prefer to get it done.

But from a lot of reports the Flyers have told them what they would take and have moved on while they contemplate the offer (which they may have done and will get back to talks later).

We'll wait and see. Team seems to be shaping up well.

Feels good to not have to talk about the guys who we won't mention who use to be here.

You all need to see the conditions on the Detroit first. It's Detroit who chooses whether Ottawa gets the Detroit pick or Boston's pick.

Edited by BobbyClarkeFan16
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

You all need to see the conditions on the Detroit first. It's Detroit who chooses whether Ottawa gets the Detroit pick or Boston's pick.

Oh wasn't aware of the stipulations...ok then i'll settle for the Sens pick.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2023 at 5:09 PM, pilldoc said:

IF" Ottawa wants to give the Flyers a 2024 1st 

So rumors/trade changes.

Philadelphia Flyers have spoken with the Senators about Joseph and are believed to be asking for a high-priced asset in return.

Multiple sources have told TFP’s David Pagnotta the Flyers are interested in 2021 10th overall draft pick Tyler Boucher, but it appears Senators GM Pierre Dorion is still not completely sold.

https://brotherlypuck.com/2023/09/25/report-flyers-interested-in-tyler-boucher-a-part-of-matthieu-joseph-cap-dump/

On 9/22/2023 at 3:02 PM, GrittyForever said:

No, it's not "wrong" but it's tiresome and depressing to keep whining about "the last 10 years". The past is the past. It's gone it's over. It no longer matters.

There's no point in going on and on about it. I mean you probably should have asked that hot girl (or guy, no gender assumptions here) out back in high school but you didn't, so your life is what it is. Can't turn back the clock. We have won the cup. That's no longer relevant either. This is just now. Is what it is. 

Sure, I want to see things on the ice too. But you have to be realistic and because of Fletcher it's going to take time. We subtracted, we changed. So, if the team looks unified this year and plays hard, looks like a team, and the younger guys progress, and we are any amount of better than last year it's progress and I'm good with it. 

Positive just makes your life better. Try it. 

I am POSITIVE I am NOT going to miss Fletcher, Hayes, DeAngelo, (insert multiple more names here). Is that a good start?🤔

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, flyerrod said:

I am POSITIVE I am NOT going to miss Fletcher, Hayes, DeAngelo, (insert multiple more names here). Is that a good start?🤔

Rod!  How are you pal?  It's been a while.  I believe the last time we spoke was at philly.com.  How are things?

3 hours ago, flyerrod said:

Retired 2 years ago and have been splitting time between Pa and Fla. Loving every minute of it.

Nice.  I have another 10 years to go till retirement. 😔

Glad you are doing well and enjoying your well-deserved retirement. 

5 hours ago, flyerrod said:

Retired 2 years ago and have been splitting time between Pa and Fla. Loving every minute of it.

I'm going to be 50 in February and I've decided I'm going to do 15 more years at work and then retire. I work at a nuclear power plant (didn't start there until 41) and I hope to maximize my retirement benefits, especially because my wife and I plan to relocate to Playa Del Carmen or Puerto Morales for six months of the year. I'm done with snow.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1