Game 57: Philadelphia Flyers at Chicago Blackhawks; 2/21/24 at 7:30 PM, TNT, Max

Greetings:

We are favorites (-185), which has been a rarity this season.  We are 7-2 against Chicago over our last nine meetings:

https://www.oddsshark.com/nhl/philadelphia-chicago-odds-february-21-2024-2019399

This is a matchup of two anemic power plays (the league's cellar dwellers) and faceoff wins.  Our goals-against is, however, much better:

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/chi-vs-phi/2024/02/21/2023020885

On paper, we should win.  I hope we aren't distracted or overconfident.  I wonder if we see Petersen get a start to keep him active, or if Torts goes with Ersson to give him confidence?   We have back-to-backs this Saturday and Sunday (Rangers, Pens), so Petersen is due.  

• Thanks 1

After getting hammered in NJ he probably wants to get Ersson back into to a normal game ASAP. And I guess Ersson gives the Flyers the best shot at winning. Then again Chi is certainly the “easiest” competition the Flyers will face for awhile so maybe Petersen is the logical choice. Hopefully Foerster is ready to go.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MaineFlyFan said:

Seriously?! "HBO/Cinemax is carrying NHL Games?!?!

What a time to be alive.....

Dear Maine FF:

I am assuming this has something to do with the merger with Warner Brothers-Discovery. This is not the Cinemax we grew up with.  Somehow, they got sports content.  

Oh jeez now some games will only be on Cinemax, is that what’s happening? I already pay for one “premium” channel to watch the NHL I can do without Skinamax. 

Tonight it’s TNT.

I’m old enough to remember when cable tv was new. I was a kid and couldn’t wait to see programs from all over the world…! Yeah. Right. When we finally got it I couldn’t believe how lame it was (and still is). A few channels from outside the U.S., strictly news shows, and the rest was no different than regular tv. A clearer picture, whoopdeedo.

Edited by GratefulFlyers

5 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Dear Maine FF:

I am assuming this has something to do with the merger with Warner Brothers-Discovery. This is not the Cinemax we grew up with.  Somehow, they got sports content.  

We used to call it Skinemax because of the nudity. Back in the day HBO was great when it had all the comedy specials,boxing, good movies, documentaries.and some good original programming, etc. Now it just shows lame third rate movies over and over. How many times can I watch the Karate Kid. There was also hockey games with no commercials. Cable is total crap,.not one movie channel is worth paying for. I had over 40 movie channels and literally never found anything worth watching. 

Great glove save by Ersson, on Raddysh. While I'm still not sure if he can carry the load and play 60 games a year, he more and more moves the needle toward me thinking he can, by the day. Sanheim scores on a nice play, as TK causes traffic in front.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

We used to call it Skinemax because of the nudity. Back in the day HBO was great when it had all the comedy specials,boxing, good movies, documentaries.and some good original programming, etc. Now it just shows lame third rate movies over and over. How many times can I watch the Karate Kid. There was also hockey games with no commercials. Cable is total crap,.not one movie channel is worth paying for. I had over 40 movie channels and literally never found anything worth watching. 

Runor has it that Peacock and this thing will merge. Nobody is competing with Netflix. 

Fifteen shots by the Flyers, but not a lot of really high quality chances. They need to be more aware of Bedard's speed and the stretch passes..they tightened up a little better, in the last five minutes of the first.

• Good Post 1

30 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Great glove save by Ersson, on Raddysh. While I'm still not sure if he can carry the load and play 60 games a year, he more and more moves the needle toward me thinking he can, by the day. Sanheim scores on a nice play, as TK causes traffic in front.

It would be nice though if Ersson could put up a save percentage over .915. The Flyers certainly keep the shots low, but Ersson needs to do a little better back there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

It would be nice though if Ersson could put up a save percentage over .915. The Flyers certainly keep the shots low, but Ersson needs to do a little better back there. 

I hear ya. They need Ersson to play a little better, but when Bedard's out there..they can't get caught unaware and flat-footed defensively. Drysdale, for God's sake..stay on your skates, and if you don't, you better make sure the forward your playing, is shooting the puck.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CoachX said:

Ha ha ha ha…..way to go Mr Glue, can’t even score on an empty net

lovin that Scott Laughton

Continuing the Flyers futility vs the empty net.

Thank god the young guys don't have that weirdness built into their hard drives the way the "olds" do.

17 hours ago, CoachX said:

Ha ha ha ha…..way to go Mr Glue, can’t even score on an empty net

lovin that Scott Laughton

aw c’mon he had 3 defenders….

crazy the way the puck was bouncing, the ice must’ve been totally…

scoring from the red line, on your backhand no less…

plus the clock was down to like…

That’s why all the reputable sites have “Laughton hits post seals win for Flyers” 

🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Uggh... 1

On 2/21/2024 at 10:46 AM, MaineFlyFan said:

Seriously?! "HBO/Cinemax is carrying NHL Games?!?!

What a time to be alive.....

I know right i was this many years old when i seen that last night i just watched on TNT because easier to pause.

• Like 1