• Penguins sweep in 4
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7
    • Flyers sweep in 4
    • Flyers in 5
    • Flyers in 6
    • Flyers in 7

Ok folks here are your playoff matchups. Predictions? / Thoughts ?

Eastern Conference:

#1 NY Rangers vs # 8 Ottawa Senators (Season Series Ottawa 3-1 over Rangers)

Sens played well vs. the Rangers this year. Would have liked to see a Caps / Rangers series but oh well. Would love to see the Sens upset the Ranges, however Lundqvist is playing in a zone this year and as much as I hate to admit, the Rangers have a good team this year and are playing very well.

Rangers in 6

#2 Boston Bruins vs #7 Washington Capitals (Season Series Caps 3-1 over Bruins)

I think this is a gonna be a good series. It will go 7 games. The Bruins have struggled of late and the Caps have played well. However, the Caps are hurting at goaltending. This is gonna be a tough series. Gonna go with the upset.

Capitals in 7

#3 Florida Panthers vs #6 New Jersey Devils (Season Series Tied 2-2)

The least attractive of the 4 Eastern Conference matchups. I still don't think much of the Panthers. I could be wrong. The Devils are trying one more magical run with Brodeur. The Devils are good but not as good as the Rangers / Pens / Flyers / Bruins.

Devils in 5

#4 Pittsburgh Penguins vs # 5 Philadelphia Flyers (Season Series Flyers 4-2 over Penguins)

The marquee match-up everyone is talking about. This is gonna be a series for the ages and downright nasty. We hate the Pens, the Pens hate us. Hopefully Briere and Grossman will be back in time. Bryz has to stand tall. The Pens play on an edge that some percieve bordline dirty. I forsee at least 3 OT games. The Flyers have played extremely well on the road and in the Pens barn. Most avoid the stupid penalties at all costs. Sadly I feel very strongly that the refs will not call this series evenly. If the Flyers can get into the Pens head and goad them into taking stupid penalties I think the Flyers can will, but it is gonna be a nasty, nasty series. This series is going 7 games. Jagr with the OT winner in game 7 which allows the Flyers to move on. He salutes the dejected crowd as he celebrates with the guys in O&B.

Flyers in 7

Ok discuss. Western Conference will be a different thread.

Rangers are going to be a tough out, i don't know if they have an extra desparation mode though, they already contest every inch of ice, so maybe we see how good they are since everyone else will be playing that way too. i think they're too good for the Sens.

I just can't see jose theodore beating martin broduer, sorry i just can't, even though martin is real old.

the devils are a one line team to me, but i think they are just better than the panthers. you could knock me over with a feather if the panthers win this series.

Poor goaltending, and bad lockerroom dynamics will doom the Caps, the Broons 3rd line wins this series, they're too big and too deep The Broons are little knicked up but the Caps are a hot mess I just cannot see winning a playoff series.

If the Flyers don't beat the Pens and the Pens stay healthy they will win their 4th cup. the rest of the league is buying their hype... I think the Flyers beat the Pens though because as I have been saying for a while, our forwards 1-9 are better overall and guys on our 4th line would play on their 3rd, we're as fast as them, we can play rough, and this Flyers group is resilient, an excellent road team and plays well in the consul energy center plus our goalie is playing well. Our guys are young and like honey badger don't give a **** about no stupid penguins.

• Like 2

Goaltending will carry the Rags over the Sens

Ovie will make Jack Edwards cry as the Caps will upset the Ruins

The clock will strike 12 for the Panthers and they will fall to the Marty and the Debbies.

The Fly Guys will over come a whining horseface, Frankenberry-Malkin, Bias officiating, Gary Bettman and the ****** bag Pen fan that thinks he is Hulk Hogan to eliminate the Pens and move onto the second round.

All right boys, Let's see some Jam!

Frankenberry-Malkin, Bias officiating, and the ****** bag Pen fan that thinks he is Hulk Hogan

LOL...love the cereal reference :D ....would love to see Hartsy salute Mr hogan again after the Flyers win! :lol:

I was actually hoping the Rangers get the Sens for the first round matchup. I think it will be a tough series, and the Sens might just be the first round suprise.

Senators in 6

Bruins are too good for Washington, although like any other series it will be a tough fought as well. The Capitals are hot entering the playoffs...but stil

Bruins in 7

Panthers and Devils...dont know,it can go either way...probably the Devils win

Pittsburg - Philadelphia...no comment. Flyers in 6

A large majority of people of the hfboards think Pittsburgh is way too talented to lose to Philly. I disagree. They didn't look too talented when the Flyers beat them the last two times when both teams had full line ups (minus Meszaros and JvR). I think Flyers in 6 or 7, but I wouldn't be shocked if they lose.

Florida won't take down the Devils. I have the Devils in 6. I think the Rangers are too good for the Senators but the Sens do have some good offense and I'm sure Alfredsson is going to turn it on. I say Rangers in 5. I want the Caps to take down the Bruins and I think they could be a surprise team but unfortunately they aren't deep enough and have too many goaltending issues, along with a horrendous coach. If the depth guys step up and Holtby gets hot then they can pull off the upset, but I'm saying Bruins in 7.

Rangers are going to be a tough out, i don't know if they have an extra desparation mode though, they already contest every inch of ice, so maybe we see how good they are since everyone else will be playing that way too. i think they're too good for the Sens.

I just can't see jose theodore beating martin broduer, sorry i just can't, even though martin is real old.

the devils are a one line team to me, but i think they are just better than the panthers. you could knock me over with a feather if the panthers win this series.

Poor goaltending, and bad lockerroom dynamics will doom the Caps, the Broons 3rd line wins this series, they're too big and too deep The Broons are little knicked up but the Caps are a hot mess I just cannot see winning a playoff series.

If the Flyers don't beat the Pens and the Pens stay healthy they will win their 4th cup. the rest of the league is buying their hype... I think the Flyers beat the Pens though because as I have been saying for a while, our forwards 1-9 are better overall and guys on our 4th line would play on their 3rd, we're as fast as them, we can play rough, and this Flyers group is resilient, an excellent road team and plays well in the consul energy center plus our goalie is playing well. Our guys are young and like honey badger don't give a **** about no stupid penguins.

one thing that gets overlooked very often with the pens is that their D is weak. beyond that ****** Letang and head hunter Orpik(who is more dangerous than good) they are very thin. with our balanced scoring, as long as we keep crysby and frankenmalkin to a minimum of chances, we should take them down in 6.

senators scoring will suprise the rangers in 6

ovie will play strong in game 7 to lead caps over bruins in 7

panthers with the excitement in finally making the playoffs and a strong home record beat devils in 7

flyers with best road record in east and strong depth will overcome the pens in 7

A lot in the Flyers-Pens series will depend on the health of our team, I think. Pronger, Mezsaros and JVR are out. They cannot afford to have more injuries. If Briere and/or Grossmann are not ready and not 100%, I think it will be tough for the Flyers to beat that team.

hahaha... B21 has flyers sweep. nice one B21... 2pts.

I never pick any of my teams and try to approach any post-season with the utmost pessimism. Everytime I even think "OK - we got this in the bag" Tim Tebow has the game of his life, Scottie Reynolds goes coast to coast, David Volek beats Barasso from the face off spot or Francisco Cabrera singles in Sid Bream (of all people). My teams aren't often done in but when they are it's dramatic and the first questions is usually "We got beat by who?"

So I take the "Eddie Mush" approach. Flyers in 4. ;)

• Like 1

Rangers have been consistent in play all year, Lundquist is playing great and through I hate Torts , he has the experience

Rags over Sens. besides the NHL think its great for a NY team to do well and m ay "help"

Bruins are too deep and experienced, Washington is just learning the way to play post season hockey. Bruins

Florida will not get past the Devils unless the NHL allows rains of plastic rats & decide its for the good of the league for a southern team to advance( as have seen in the past)

I think the Flyers can beat the Pens, but the league will not allow it to happen and will pull the same garbage on the Flyers

Again all opinions and honest game outcomes can be swayed by the small man who manipulates the whole shebang, allegedly for the good of the game for marketing purposes, or for a date with Cindy

A lot in the Flyers-Pens series will depend on the health of our team, I think. Pronger, Mezsaros and JVR are out. They cannot afford to have more injuries. If Briere and/or Grossmann are not ready and not 100%, I think it will be tough for the Flyers to beat that team.

I just find it funny how Rangers fans and Habs fans who can't stand the Flyers want them to beat the Pens. Make you wonder how much the Pens are disliked by other fanbases.

• Like 1

I posted this in another thread before I saw this one but....

I would like our chances a lot better if we were healthier. I think we would be Cup favorites if....

1.) If our D were 100% healthy. Could you imagine how strong our back end would be with Pronger, Carle, Kimmo, Coburn, Grossman, Kubina?!

2.) if playoff Briere and 2011 playoff JVR were 100% healthy and in the line up. Our forward roster would be Giroux, Hartnell, Jagr, Briere, JVR, Simmonds, Voracek, Talbot, Schenn, Cotourier, Read, Wellwood/Rinaldo. That is scary depth.

3.) if March Bryzgolov showed up.

Unfortunately those are some big factors to be up in the air and I am probably the only Flyer fan on this board that doesnt think they will win this series against a 100% healthy and very potent Pens team. I hope I am wrong though and I love our extremely bright future and think if we can keep the core together and keep our guys healthy, there is no reason why the Flyers wont be making deep cup runs for the next few years.

Ottawa vs NYR

i actually like ottawa here. the rangers are, frankly, a bunch of mediocre talent with a good coach and a great goaltender. ottawa has exactly the kind of offense that the rangers can't deal with: slippery individual possession guys that the rangers system can't compensate for, and a dman who plays like a high end winger, throwing whats left of the rag's coverage out the window. yes, the bottom half of ottawa's roster is crap, but then so is the rangers'. NYR's only hope rests exclusively with gaborik and lundqvist. if gaborik can't put up at least 2 points per game, and if lundqvist can't post a .950 sv%, they're out in the first round. hanging all your hope on 2 guys is not a formula for success in the postseason.

New Jersey vs Florida

new jersey is going to crush florida.

Washington vs Boston

boston is going to crush washington.

Flyers vs Penguins

crap.

it's a good match up. pittsburgh has more explosive firepower, but the flyers are deeper offensively. the flyers have the better d-corps, but pittsburgh has more reliable goaltending. the flyers have impressive and energized youth, but the penguins have stars who are utterly convinced of their superiority, and that kind of confidence translates to results. on paper, this is an even matchup, the kind that makes for great playoff hockey.

but.

i don't think this is going to be a good series. i don't think it is going to be a war. i think someone is going to get in someone's head early, and get it done in 5. these two teams don't tend to have competitive 60 minute games; someone folds in the first 30 minutes and the other team rolls to an easy win. yes, exceptions are there, a few games have been good, but.... it'll be an emotional game 1, and someone will come out of it on top. that someone will carry that through three more wins and move on. there might be a gutsy last stand by the other team, but won't be enough. the on-paper isn't relevant, there's too much not-on-paper stuff involved. i'm a flyer fan, so i'm going with them, but...coin toss until we see how game one goes.

Ottawa vs NYR

i actually like ottawa here. the rangers are, frankly, a bunch of mediocre talent with a good coach and a great goaltender. ottawa has exactly the kind of offense that the rangers can't deal with: slippery individual possession guys that the rangers system can't compensate for, and a dman who plays like a high end winger, throwing whats left of the rag's coverage out the window. yes, the bottom half of ottawa's roster is crap, but then so is the rangers'. NYR's only hope rests exclusively with gaborik and lundqvist. if gaborik can't put up at least 2 points per game, and if lundqvist can't post a .950 sv%, they're out in the first round. hanging all your hope on 2 guys is not a formula for success in the postseason.

New Jersey vs Florida

new jersey is going to crush florida.

Washington vs Boston

boston is going to crush washington.

Flyers vs Penguins

crap.

it's a good match up. pittsburgh has more explosive firepower, but the flyers are deeper offensively. the flyers have the better d-corps, but pittsburgh has more reliable goaltending. the flyers have impressive and energized youth, but the penguins have stars who are utterly convinced of their superiority, and that kind of confidence translates to results. on paper, this is an even matchup, the kind that makes for great playoff hockey.

but.

i don't think this is going to be a good series. i don't think it is going to be a war. i think someone is going to get in someone's head early, and get it done in 5. these two teams don't tend to have competitive 60 minute games; someone folds in the first 30 minutes and the other team rolls to an easy win. yes, exceptions are there, a few games have been good, but.... it'll be an emotional game 1, and someone will come out of it on top. that someone will carry that through three more wins and move on. there might be a gutsy last stand by the other team, but won't be enough. the on-paper isn't relevant, there's too much not-on-paper stuff involved. i'm a flyer fan, so i'm going with them, but...coin toss until we see how game one goes.

I think the Flyers are in the Penguins' heads.

And this Flyers team already knows that it can beat Pittsburgh (in Pitt!).

The Cooter line shuts down Malkin. And someone lays a big hit on Crosby early.

Bryz outplays the Flower.

Flyers in 6.

Flyers vs Pens

Interesting take on it aziz. The only "but" I might throw in to counter the confidence that the Pens' stars have is the success the Flyers had this year in Pittsburgh. I realize the wins were against a Crosby-less Penguin team but the Flyers were battling injuries too plus an extremely shaky (to be nice about it) Bryzgalov. Bob got the wins but when your starting goalie is "lost in the woods" the team is an under-confident bunch. Plus we beat them before Grossmann and Kubina came aboard. Looking at the confidence vector specifically I think the teams are more or less even.