Crosby cements legend as a Punk

Guest TedZep

I've never really been on the Hate Crosby bandwagon, and I still think he's come a long way from when he first got to the league. But his interview after the game last night shows me that he really does still have some growing up to do. If you haven't watched it, and only read where he said that he doesn't like anybody on the Flyers, hearing his tone of voice when he says it makes a difference imo. He really is putting things on a personal level.

http://sports.yahoo....-025712917.html

It's expected that players will say things like "we just don't like each other" and so on, but when you let it get to you like that... well, that's not what you expect from your captain and team leader.

Just saw the guys on NHL Network defending him by saying, "you have to remember, he's still a very young player, he's only 25."

True enough, but he is what he is - a spoiled brat punk who has always had everything handed to him. He cannot handle getting beaten squarely.

I used to hate the Rangers more than the Penguins. Not after this series.

• Like 1

He sounds like a spoiled little kid

That's exactly what he sounds like. I think Meltzer has it right (as usual)...

"When he's been the one side-tracking his own team (I blame Crosby for the sequence leading up to the secondary fight that got Letang automatically booted from the game yesterday), Crosby has actually hurt his own club.

The rest of the team has followed its captain's lead -- right to a 3-0 deficit in the series."

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=45

• Like 1

What's he supposed to do, pick it up, have it cleaned and reconditioned and then brought to Voracek in a mahogany box? You guys act like simply skating away was even an option. Sheesh.

Why wasn't skating away an option? Why was slapping the glove away like a pouting child the only option?

I second the motion. And it's not "punt" either.

I was at the game yesterday. 1st of all, what an atmosphere! The place was over the top!!

Secondly, Syndey and Neal need to be drilled in game 4. Nothing dirty, just a good clean open ice hammer drop that puts them on a stretcher.

What's he supposed to do, pick it up, have it cleaned and reconditioned and then brought to Voracek in a mahogany box? You guys act like simply skating away was even an option. Sheesh.

funny you should mention that...a reporter mentioned that very same thing...Crybaby's response "Well I didn't do that....I hate him and I hate everybody on their team..."

What a punk and an *******......Gretsky and Lemiuex would have just skated away...gee folks their is yours Pens captain..so glad he is not a Flyer....

• Like 1

I have nothing to add. You got it right!

I have something to add. The NHL is a fraud as a league to let this punk operate the way he does. I want this punk laid out cold Wednesday night. Lights out. Send him back to Nova Scotia to be a fisherman the rest of his life with pumpkin squash left inside his head.

@JackStraw

He sounds like a spoiled little kid. "I don't like them" "I just don't like him."

Good Crosby, the majority of players don't like you either.

I have to admit --- I thought even the National NBC announcers had enough of the Penguins yesterday..... most games I hear about how tough the Flyers are -- and how our crowd is rowdy, etc but they would still talk about how much talent the Penguins have --- and how good they are, etc --- but I felt a very pro-Flyers tone in the coverage for a change yesterday -- and after the Asham hit -- the rest was pretty much sour on Pittsburgh..... they even lost the national love yesterday, finally.

Posted · Hidden by Digityman, April 16, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Digityman, April 16, 2012 - No reason given

@JackStraw

He sounds like a spoiled little kid. "I don't like them" "I just don't like him."

Good Crosby, the majority of players don't like you either.

I have to admit --- I thought even the National NBC announcers had enough of the Penguins yesterday..... most games I hear about how tough the Flyers are -- and how our crowd is rowdy, etc but they would still talk about how much talent the Penguins have --- and how good they are, etc --- but I felt a very pro-Flyers tone in the coverage for a change yesterday -- and after the Asham hit -- the rest was pretty much sour on Pittsburgh..... they even lost the national love yesterday, finally.

Just saw the guys on NHL Network defending him by saying, "you have to remember, he's still a very young player, he's only 25."

Did they actually say that?? Only 25? Sheesh.... The average age of people who were fighting in the WW2 was 24.

I just think if he didn't get it still, he will never get it.