Arron Asham became a Pen today

Guest radoran

I'm stealing this line from @HockeyFan but it is the absolute truth.

I was always an Asham fan - even on the Devils backinnaday I liked his play. I liked the signing with the Flyers and was upset with them for the decision to sign Shelley and let Asham go.

I am disappointed with a reaction from a player to a clean hit being a cross check to the throat and then a punch to the back of the head of a player on the ice.

That's the sign of a true classless "organization" (and I use that term loosely) that has lost sight of why we play this game.

Arron Asham became a Pen tonight. And the Pens became shorthand for classless whiners who can't handle being beaten handily by a better team.

Brayden Schenn's layout of your teammate isn't Brayden Schenn's fault. It's your team's fault for playing so poorly. If you want to cross-check someone in the throat and bash them in the back of the head, you might look at the guy who is the poster child for cheap shots and dirty play.

He's wearing your C.

sad to see what that jersey does to a player... i loved ash too. he was always 'game' and took quite a few punches from bigger guys for the flyers... but you're right. him and ntp66 have gone full douchebag ;-0

Also Agree. Loved Asham in his brief time here, played with an edge and potted some timely goals in the 2010 run.. never believed I'd see him pull anything like what I saw today.

I was surprised by Ash as well. I don't recall him doing anything that dirty before. He's always been gritty but not dirty. I loved Asham when he was here because he could play on any of the 4 lines and score points. At the same time he was able to standup for team mates and overall was solid for us. I hated watching him go to the Pens. Now I could care less. As you said he cemented himself as a Pen from now on.

Its the whole Pens Mentality- they d can do anything and no one else is allowed.

People on another forum were talking about the change in Neal too

Blame Buttman for making them the untouchables and fixing the cup for them

When you play with CIndy you are in the protective bubble under the glow of her tiara

Except I think this performance on a national stage embarrassed the league

They crossed the line multiple times and were shown up for what they are

@Hexy27

" I loved Asham when he was here because he could play on any of the 4 lines and score points."

For a guy that only has scored more than 30 points once in his career, I do believe that "could play any 4 lines" is an extreme exaggeration. He is a third / fourth line player. Nothing more than that.

"Welcome to the Penguins, Ash. First, to become a true Penguin, if you have any integrity, let it go. There is no place for sportsmanship in this organization. I know, you don't want to take unnecessary penalties and risk suspension, but we have that covered. You'll find that, as a Penguin, you will be granted liberties on the ice not available to other clubs. And fear of suspensions is a thing of the past. We even laugh at so called "automatic" suspensions!"

Congratulations Aaron, your Official Douchebag card is in the mail.

• Like 1

haha, actually, didn't Richards get Carbomb as a winger? maybe more like that ;)

I did actually like Jones, even though he brought very little to the table

Jones was one of the best yappers ever when he was on the ice........