Adams OUT w/Suspension, Fine 10k for Blysma

Guest Bakanekimiwa

No, I think Neal does get suspended. He has 2 hearings and that means he was out of control in the game. Thats the first time Iv seen a player get 2 hearing out of one game. I dont see how Shanny can explain that away! I see a 1 game suspension for the 1st hit and a fine for the one on Giroux...

No, I think Neal does get suspended. He has 2 hearings and that means he was out of control in the game. Thats the first time Iv seen a player get 2 hearing out of one game. I dont see how Shanny can explain that away! I see a 1 game suspension for the 1st hit and a fine for the one on Giroux...

That's what I'm thinking too. Leaving his feet, head contact, puck way gone... too much to just ignore.

• Like 1

Blysma's excuse:

"They're a talented group, but we've given them a little too much respect and backed off in a lot of areas," Bylsma said. "We may have given them too much respect and not done what we've been successful at all year."

So all these headshots at the Flyers are because they have given us too much respect? whoa

Blysma's excuse:

So all these headshots at the Flyers are because they have given us too much respect? whoa

No **** man, I can't believe he actually said that either. The disrespect shown by muliple members of that organization toward the Flyers (and the rest of the league) is stunning on so many levels, in attitude and in act. Yeah I know he probably meant respect for their ability, but does anything about the way key members of this group carry themselves indicate respect for an opponent ? They've been outed to world, and I couldn't be happier about it.

If you compare the hit on alfredson to Neal's two actions, I would say 5 to 6 games would be fair; given the teams involved I expect no suspension, which would be a shame because both instances were intentional cheap shots within a close period of time.. That shows me that he was out of control....

• Like 1

The ironic thing is --- since neither Coots or G'roo were injured on those hits --- if each hit was looked at on their own, I'd bet he wouldn't be suspended for either.....

but, the COMBO of those 2 being so close together in those late-game circumstances makes me think he'll get 1-game, atleast now.

The ironic thing is --- since neither Coots or G'roo were injured on those hits --- if each hit was looked at on their own, I'd bet he wouldn't be suspended for either.....

but, the COMBO of those 2 being so close together in those late-game circumstances makes me think he'll get 1-game, atleast now.

I think they have to take into consideration the intent of Neal on that shift and I think its obvious that he was trying to injure someone. He left the ice at an unsuspecting Couturier (and that is not Couturier's fault. He has no reason to expect to be hit in that situation well late and well away from the puck with a Penguin getting possession of the puck) and then went after Giroux's head.

You can not spin that any other way.