Eskin reporting...

Guest NastyNate

lol yea i mean im not saying he knows for sure whats goin on, just found it interesting considering JVR is still a valuable trade chip. obviously holmgren is going to deny it

This report by Eskin is complete hogwash and there is nothing interesting about it other than it shows how off base Eskin can be. There is a legitimate reason to delay the surgery. What's more, delaying the routine procedure JvR is going to have probably wouldn't delay a trade anyway. Finally, the "rumor" (if you want to dignify this crap as a rumor) is that JvR is being sent along with some other players for Rick Nash, a player the Flyers probably don't need at all who carries a $7.8MM cap hit. If Eskin knew more about hockey, he would have made up a more plausible "rumor" in which JvR is part of a package for Shea Weber.

Move along..nothing to see here.

This report by Eskin is complete hogwash and there is nothing interesting about it other than it shows how off base Eskin can be. There is a legitimate reason to delay the surgery. What's more, delaying the routine procedure JvR is going to have probably wouldn't delay a trade anyway. Finally, the "rumor" (if you want to dignify this crap as a rumor) is that JvR is being sent along with some other players for Rick Nash, a player the Flyers probably don't need at all who carries a $7.8MM cap hit. If Eskin knew more about hockey, he would have made up a more plausible "rumor" in which JvR is part of a package for Shea Weber.

i hope you are right.

i hope you are right.

I do too, especially after my emphatic post on the topic. Would hate to have to post a retraction or (more likely) to erase that post in the dead of night.

Ok..........

Don't kill the messanger, but the Baltimore sister radio station of WIP is now reporting that their source is telling them JVR's agent is actively blocking some potential blockbuster trade that would involve JVR. No details... I am sure we will hear something soon. Stay tuned. Eskin may be on to something afterall.

Ok..........

Don't kill the messanger, but the Baltimore sister radio station of WIP is now reporting that their source is telling them JVR's agent is actively blocking some potential blockbuster trade that would involve JVR. No details... I am sure we will hear something soon. Stay tuned. Eskin may be on to something afterall.

D-MAN!! D-MAN!! D-MAN!!!!! WE NEED ANOTHER CENTER LIKE WE NEED ANOTHER HOLE IN THE HEAD!!!!

LOL..Don't worry, nobody around here would EVER remind you of such a post.... :rolleyes:

Kind of like the "Nodl will outscore Jagr" comment? You're right. No one remembers that.

• Like 3

other than it shows how off base Eskin can be

Like how Eskin was off-base about Pronger's back surgery 2 seasons ago, or his season ending concussion report before anyone else had it, or his report about Mezaros' pending back surgery. ;) Easy, Terp..just busting your stones.

Look, I think Eskin is a complete DOOSH...and have for years. That being said..he gets a LOT of scoop, somehow, when it comes to insider info on the Flyers. And lately, much of it has turned out to be true. .

I am not saying this report is true, but if they can trade JVR(and whatever else) for a legit top 2 defense man. I would do it..faster than I can open a fifth of rum.

I'm not sure how the agent can block the trade..if the accepting team agrees to take him--with full injury disclosure by the Flyers-I don't think there is a damn thing he can do about it

So could, if any of this is true and something big is brewing, turn into a three way trade that involves a d-man coming to Philly? Or does Nash come here to fill Jagr's shoes or to provide some additional offensive capability we're somehow going to be needing? I've heard JVR and Bobrovsky, maybe others, going to Columbus for Nash. IF this happens, and now I'm fully into the realm of speculation, guessing, etc., then do we send Nash somewhere for a d-man? Why we wouldn't just go after a d-man straight up, I don't know but that's why I'm not a GM. Heck, I don't even play one on tv! I don't claim to be an expert, so go easy. Haha!

and how do you know for a fact that this report is hogwash? i'm not saying it isn't, but i am not going to dismiss it either considering eskin has been right before with the flyers. why would he just make up some ******** rumor if he didnt have someone telling him that this is a possibility?

and how do you know for a fact that this report is hogwash? i'm not saying it isn't, but i am not going to dismiss it either considering eskin has been right before with the flyers. why would he just make up some ******** rumor if he didnt have someone telling him that this is a possibility?

You could ask Bill Meltzer:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Meltzers-Silly-Season-Musings-JVR-and-Nash/45/44883

The more I think about the rumor that the Flyers have interest in trading for Rick Nash and James van Riemsdyk's hip issue and delayed surgery being what is holding up a deal, the less sense it makes to me.

First of all, the notion that van Riemsdyk would delay having surgery to avoid being traded is laughable. No player is going to intentionally harm his own career in the long run by not getting a medical problem fixed specifically to interfere with club management's plans (which are not shared with him in the first place).

Secondly, it has not been a secret to anyone that JVR has not had the surgery yet. As noted in my May 31 blog the player himself told me the previous day that he had not yet had the procedure.

And the fact that WIP's sister station in Baltimore is reporting the same thing as WIP is about as amazing as ESPN2 confirming a story ESPN broke.

You could ask Bill Meltzer:

as i said before, i am not saying or agreeing that there is any truth to it, but i am not gonna just ignore it either. we all know JVR is potential trade bait, i wouldnt be surprised if the flyers were involved in another blockbuster move including JVR...

That being said..he gets a LOT of scoop, somehow, when it comes to insider info on the Flyers. And lately, much of it has turned out to be true. .

As I indicated in my post, he can be off base and I stand by that comment. He's occasionally right but has been wrong plenty of times too. While there might by something cooking with JvR, the delay in the surgery and any trade are almost certainly not related. A prospective suitor should probably be more concerned with the foot infection (staph?) than a routine labrum repair, so it is hard to understand why Homer would be peddling such a dumb lie.

As I just mentioned in another post, the delay in the surgery and any trade are almost certainly not related and this undermines Eskin's story. It is plausible that something is cooking with JvR but it is probably not as Eskin describes.

I hate Eskin, but he's often right , especially when he comes from out of the blue with Flyers rumors...

He is almost always correct when it comes to the Flyers.

To be fair, he didn't say that JvR was delaying surgery in order to prevent/delay a possible trade. He said that the delay could result in a prevention or delay of the trade. He spoke of cause, not intent on JvR's part. Big difference.

• Like 1

JVR is pushing off a required surgery in order to block a trade, according to eskin. holmgren has since said the reasoning for the surgery being delayed is that JVR has an infection...interesting....

Considering that no trades can be conducted until the conclustion of the SCF, I find the rumor perplexing as it would be against the NHL bylaws for ANY teams to discuss trades, potential trades etc.

How can there be any trade talks at all? It is against NHL policy.

More importantly, how can JVR's agent block ANY trade- speculative or not? JVR's no trade clause does not kick in until 4 years from now (2016-2017). JVR's agent has ZERO say in any trade the Flyers want to do with JVR. Just like Carters agent and Richards agent had zero say when they were being shipped out.

Sounds like complete Rubbish to me!