Bobby Ryan - "be a very ideal and comfortable place for me."

Guest OH1FlyersFan

You can't sell short that Crosby and Parise are close friends. If you were given a competitive offer to play with your good buddy who also happens to be one of the best if not THE best player in the world would you take it? I would... Would Parise?? Guess we'll see.

And one who could very well bolt the team as a UFA next season and/or see his career ended with a hard hit?

I think that aspect is overblown until later in the career (see: Koivu, Saku and Selanne, Teemu or Selanne/Kairya for that matter).

• Like 1

@Vanflyer

I have no idea. Harry Z is okay, but of all the callups, he was my least favorite. He worked hard, but just didn't have "it", whatever "it" is.

Read, Harry Z, 1st for Ryan and a 2nd. I agree, four for one trades are insane unless for a superstar.

Assuming the Flyers do not acquire Ryan, what do you think about possibly lining up Hartnell, G, and Read together? I think it could be a hard to defend line.

• Like 1

While we're throwing names around, nobody's mentioned Wellwood as part of a possible trade, unless I've missed it on this thread. And I think that's a good thing, in my opinion. He's one I'd like to keep around. But I also think he has really good value that might get him a serious look if we're in a trade situation - or at least "should" get him a look..

you'd be able to knock me over with a Carle point shot if he signs with Pittsburgh.

You just never know. Crosby was with Parise at Game 3 of the Finals. And he wouldn't be the first free agent by any means to play for a division rival once they hit free agency.

And one who could very well bolt the team as a UFA next season and/or see his career ended with a hard hit? I think that aspect is overblown until later in the career (see: Koivu, Saku and Selanne, Teemu or Selanne/Kairya for that matter).

Crosby isn't going anywhere for money. They're paying him whathe's asking for July 1st if the reports are accurate, and Staal leaving about seals that up. As for the one hard hit away... that's every player. Let's face it, anyone's career could end in the next game, and docs are saying he's no more likely to be hurt that way again than anybody else. I've sat in on lectures about concussions thanks to USA Hockey's requirement, and Dr. Burke spoke about Crosby specifically. You can't live life worrying that it MIGHT happen. It's no more likely for him than for anybody else.

I think if the money is there, and it's a contract that is comparable to other offers, with the team being as strong as it's been, I just think those things will give us an edge. Nothing is guaranteed obviously. Word around here is they're after Suter too.. though I would rather see Weber than Suter personally.

It's no more likely for him than for anybody else.

Players with previos concussions are more likely to experience additional concussions. This is not a question. Players who have sat out for the better part of seasons, for example. And they tend to get progressively worse.

And I'm not taking about how Crosby plays the game, but how other players might view it.

You're obviously free to your opinion as I am mine. There's only one guy who knows his thoughts on the issue - Parise.

And I just don't see him coming to Pittsburgh.

@Polaris922 I've got 20 bucks that says Crosby will have a concussed mush by Chrtistmas. Happens once real bad, it will happen again. That's just how these things work. No Crosby or Stall at center....the checkers will be all over Malkin like white on rice. It's a sad tale....

Players with previos concussions are more likely to experience additional concussions. This is not a question. Players who have sat out for the better part of seasons, for example. And they tend to get progressively worse. And I'm not taking about how Crosby plays the game, but how other players might view it. You're obviously free to your opinion as I am mine. There's only one guy who knows his thoughts on the issue - Parise. And I just don't see him coming to Pittsburgh.

I always thouht you were more likely to get another as well. But docs at these lectures don't seem to agree. I had one years ago and never had another so I dunno. I don't picture Parise here either.. simply because we're already going to have two $9 mil players on payroll, and I doubt Shero will pay anything close. And with the cap space say Detroit has... well... gonna be tough to compete with them. Having said that.. I'd LOVE to see a player of his talent on wing with Crosby.

@Polaris922 I've got 20 bucks that says Crosby will have a concussed mush by Chrtistmas. Happens once real bad, it will happen again. That's just how these things work. No Crosby or Stall at center....the checkers will be all over Malkin like white on rice. It's a sad tale....

I'll take that $20 just for the sport of it! I'm hoping beyond hope it doesn't happen. I honestly don't think the docs even know what to make of these things yet.

I'll take that $20 just for the sport of it! I'm hoping beyond hope it doesn't happen. I honestly don't think the docs even know what to make of these things yet.

Yeah, the brain while in a living person is difficult to study. Even if we could really get after the physiology of it there's that whole chemical reaction business , what an amazing organ.

I always thouht you were more likely to get another as well. But docs at these lectures don't seem to agree. I had one years ago and never had another so I dunno. I don't picture Parise here either.. simply because we're already going to have two $9 mil players on payroll, and I doubt Shero will pay anything close. And with the cap space say Detroit has... well... gonna be tough to compete with them. Having said that.. I'd LOVE to see a player of his talent on wing with Crosby.

A bunch of hockey-related doctors are downplaying the likelihood of repeated concussions? I really can't say I'm shocked...

Hey, Babych! Just lace those boots up tighter, eh?

No, Ian, there's no real problem with coming back for the playoffs.

Just tell Lindros to get on the plane, the pansy. What's it gong to do, kill him?

Yeah, the brain while in a living person is difficult to study. Even if we could really get after the physiology of it there's that whole chemical reaction business , what an amazing organ.

The brain is the most important organ in the body and functions perfectly from the moment you are born until the moment you fall in love.

Except for Leaf fans. Then, it just never works. :ph34r:

• Like 2

what do you think about possibly lining up Hartnell, G, and Read together?

Its okay, but I would rather have size on both sides of Giroux. That said, I think it would work- just not sure if it helps for Giroux durability. One thing that can not be mistaken is that even though he was waning in the last third of the season, Jagr big body took up space (like a center in basketball). That space gives giroux time- which in turn keeps him from getting "caught" too often by bigger bodies. That is why if Jagr is not re-signed I would love to have Shane Doan. While not 6'3 like Jagr, he is 6'1 and 225 lbs. That is allot of meat- and he uses it tremendously well.

Its okay, but I would rather have size on both sides of Giroux. That said, I think it would work- just not sure if it helps for Giroux durability. One thing that can not be mistaken is that even though he was waning in the last third of the season, Jagr big body took up space (like a center in basketball). That space gives giroux time- which in turn keeps him from getting "caught" too often by bigger bodies. That is why if Jagr is not re-signed I would love to have Shane Doan. While not 6'3 like Jagr, he is 6'1 and 225 lbs. That is allot of meat- and he uses it tremendously well.

I was thinking that a speedier player might help Giroux in lieu of two big guys. Plus, I think Read will shoot more often than dangle.

Hence the Nash rumors.

• Like 1

If you would sign Jagr for a year, i think you would probably be willing to at least talk to Doan. Then again, is he a long term solution on G's right side? I tend to think not. The term is part of what makes Jagr a fit.

Then again, is he a long term solution on G's right side? I tend to think not.

I think for 3 years I could live with Doan on G's wing. Remember when Knuble went to washington (at the age of 38), he did damn fine for his first couple of years. Doan is a much better skater than Knuble too.

• Like 1

Dear Homer,

Hi it's me bobby Ryan, I just want you to know how much I like being a millionaire in southern California . The girls, beaches and disneyland are far too much for your money and fickle fans to compete with. Keep your young players and I will knee on knee one of them in a cup final one day.

Best Regards

BR