What happened to Jags?

Guest OzFlyer

So what is the real answer to what his injury is? 3 choices:

1. During the WC, he was seen talking to the trainer pointing/motioning to his back. Then he was doing some trunk twisting stretches.

2. Also at the WC (on the CBC broadcast), Jagr was seen stretching in the hallway. Those who saw it said it looked like he was trying to stretch out his groin.

3. Post game interview, he said he was speared in the calf in a previous game.

Homer said it was a groin (or maybe it's a virus).

Which injury is it?

I'll throw in some Jagr support. I never hated the guy but of course, he wore the other team's jersey so he was the enemy. a 39 yr old, possibly washed up player signed for 3.3 mil or whatever it was... hey, I grew tired of past their prime signings by the Flyers and I believed this would be another and it's been everything but. I'm a believer for sure. The only thing I hope at this point is that he's still healthy for the POs

• 3 weeks later...

He missed maybe 12 games between 2001-2004 and this is an "issue' ?

Cmon' . It's not like he's Forsberg pretending his foot is fine or Marc Savard saying his head feels 100%.

Hey... just wondering if we can consider Jagr's paper machier groin an "issue" yet???

How long until I can type " I told you so"...

Jagr's groin is made of paper maché. I remember him constantly have groin issues while with the rags and caps. I'm surprised this is the first 'flare up' he's had so far. Unfortunately, at his age, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a lingering issue that bugs him all season.

It's nowhere near as bad as the Footpa Era. They need to give Jagr a couple weeks off and get the groin as solid as possible.

They might also want to limit his playing time down the stretch to make sure he's good for the playoffs.

And perhaps revisit this whole "next season" thing after this one's done.

Just for the love of God, why can't they just give him 2 weeks to rest? This team can play at 500 without him, as valuable as he has been. It's friggin' January. His long-term health is more important than winning maes in January... This is just the Flyers being the Flyers.

honestly I wouldn't beat up the Flyers or McCrossin too much on this one. With groin injuries you're going on how the patient presents, how he says he feels. Guaranteed Jagr told them "I'm good to go" knowing full well he wasn't pain-free. He wants to play, everyone knows he's been invaluable to Giroux's success .... - .... so he plays.

no surprise he aggravated it and now he's out of the lineup. He misses tomorrow night and hopefully the rest he gets before the Jets come to town on the 31st is enough...

• Like 1

Just for the love of God, why can't they just give him 2 weeks to rest? This team can play at 500 without him, as valuable as he has been. It's friggin' January. His long-term health is more important than winning maes in January... This is just the Flyers being the Flyers.

I think he is getting that time off now. Well, we'll see if he gets 2 weeks. At least he will get some significant time. Only 1 game left til the AS break and Jags won't be playing in it. That gives him about 10 days off till the next game. Followed by 8 games in 13 days.