Check out Stu Bickel spitting in his glove and giving Hartnell a face wash.

Irishjim

@Polaris922

Every team in the league would love to have Hartnell. The Pens included. The fact that you and those ridiculous second grade homer announcers of yours, Errey and Staggy (lol) constantly whine about him speaks volumes. I think Malkin and Neal are reckless, dirty , elbow throwing douchebags, but if one of them was a Flyer next year, I probably change my tune pretty quick.

@merrex

@doom88

Actually I wouldn't want him. His methods and attitude remind me a lot of Avery to be honest. He doesn't want the spotlight Avery wanted, but the rest of his play is very similar to me. As for the two wrongs comment doom... it just makes me laugh how everything with Hartnell is drama. I have no problem with him lashing out at the guy who tried holding him on the bench though... any one of us would have done the same thing.

@Polaris922 Really??? REEEAAAALLLLYYYY? Are you honestly comparing Hartnell to Avery?? Not even close.

What can I say? His drama and methods remind me a LOT of Avery, minus the stupid media comments. He doesn't want the spotlight Avery always wanted. Avery waved his hands in the air in front of Brodeur... Hartnell BIT Letang's finger in a scrum. Hartnell has more hockey talent, but don't you ever get sick of the drama he carries onto the ice? He pulls some chickenshat stuff out there and ducks away from fisticuffs more times than not when challenged on it.

I don't think Hartnell is a dirty player so much as a cowardly antagonist. Look at drama on the Flyers and you find mop head Hartnell at the center of it more times than not.

So no I don't want him on my team.

He pulls some chickenshat stuff out there and ducks away from fisticuffs more times than not when challenged on it.

Hartnell ducks fights? Only when he knows he has got under someone's skin and drawn a penalty. For "chikenshat" plays and ducking fights please see Malkin or your strongman Letang who when he does fight goes after a non fighter like Timmonen....real brave.....I am sure he would drop them with Briere too.....

You hate Hartnell and Flyer fans hate nearly all Penguins....I think we all get that.... ;)

Hartnell ducks fights? Only when he knows he has got under someone's skin and drawn a penalty. For "chikenshat" plays and ducking fights please see Malkin or your strongman Letang who when he does fight goes after a non fighter like Timmonen....real brave.....I am sure he would drop them with Briere too.....

You hate Hartnell and Flyer fans hate nearly all Penguins....I think we all get that.... ;)

Malkin, Letang, Timmonen, Briere... All skill guys who don't instigate the craptastic. They're all non-brawlers who play the game a leave the drama out of it for the most part. Hartnell doesn't belong in that group. He hasn't the skill and he antagonizes. He's an Avery, Barnaby, Tucker kind of guy. If he didn't try stirring crap so much I'd never pay attention to him... But I don't think you guys would like him so much if it were solely based on skill level.

But I don't think you guys would like him so much if it were solely based on skill level.

You are probably right about that. The thing is he keeps things interesting. He was the kid that threw rocks at the hornets nest when he was growing up. Was that a smart thing to do, hell no but you still laughed about it with your friends afterwards about "did you see so and so ran straight into the pond?" And even the guy that is dripping wet from his return from the water is laughing. That kind of behavior resonates with this fan base. He started a charity called Hartnell Down that pokes fun at his own skating ability or lack thereof. Last year in the playoffs when he was going back and forth with the Hulk Hogan wannabe, he had the fans howling and that was in Pittsburgh. Hartnell is a character, there is no arguing that and he plays it up for all it's worth. He plays like he is one of the boys, not some prima donna who is collecting a paycheck.

@doom88

Again Malkin doesn't stir the pot and run his mouth like Hartnell. You also don't want Malkin in the box whereas Hartnell is no big loss.

@jammer2

You're not seriously taking the argument that his style is good for the league?! Remember the only people that see his off ice pluses are Philly fans. The rest of us just see his Avery side.

@doom88

Again Malkin doesn't stir the pot and run his mouth like Hartnell. You also don't want Malkin in the box whereas Hartnell is no big loss.

@jammer2

You're not seriously taking the argument that his style is good for the league?! Remember the only people that see his off ice pluses are Philly fans. The rest of us just see his Avery side.

Seriously Polaris922, the only people that have a problem with Hartnell's style of play is Pens fans like you. The rest of the NHL would take Hartnell in a heartbeat. Let's not forget who the Pens have on their team, Matt Cooke, I'm sure he's liked by other NHL teams?

Seriously Polaris922, the only people that have a problem with Hartnell's style of play is Pens fans like you. The rest of the NHL would take Hartnell in a heartbeat. Let's not forget who the Pens have on their team, Matt Cooke, I'm sure he's liked by other NHL teams?

I disagree. Hartnell is not the cherished forward you think. Three are plenty of teams who would want him, sure... just like Cooke and Carcillo... but personally I despise his antics as a player... Flyer or otherwise, and a lot of hockey fans I've known feel the same way. He's Avery Light to me.

37 goals in 2012. He's playing on a " reconstructed by the Flyers medical staff " broken toe/foot after missing 4 weeks, so the stat sheet isn't favoring him this year. Avery/Barnaby and the chodes you are comparing him with never had his production.

You turned out to be right about Timmonen losing a step...well that and his brain...but your bias is clouding your judgement about Hartnell's value to a team.

It's fine to "not like a guy". I don't like any of your teams players because of the sweater they wear, I get it. Hartnell has a very good shot, finds/creates space in the offensive zone to release it, and is a character guy who gives what he can every shift. Not to say he doesn't do stupid **** from time to time, but his pluses far exceed even your perceived negatives.

Cooke & Carcillo ...whatever, you're just being antagonistic about this.

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 1

37 goals in 2012. He's playing on a " reconstructed by the Flyers medical staff " broken toe/foot after missing 4 weeks, so the stat sheet isn't favoring him this year. Avery/Barnaby and the chodes you are comparing him with never had his production.

You turned out to be right about Timmonen losing a step...well that and his brain...but your bias is clouding your judgement about Hartnell's value to a team.

It's fine to "not like a guy". I don't like any of your teams players because of the sweater they wear, I get it. Hartnell has a very good shot, finds/creates space in the offensive zone to release it, and is a character guy who gives what he can every shift. Not to say he doesn't do stupid **** from time to time, but his pluses far exceed even your perceived negatives.

Cooke & Carcillo ...whatever, you're just being antagonistic about this.

Oh no I've never taken away from his production or that he has more talent than those guys. I don't argue he plays a tougher game and clearly he's willing to pay the price for the dirty goals in front of the net. I've said he has more talent than those guys.

I'm only saying I don't like the drama and extra fluff he brings with that. He likes the crappy side if hockey I can't stand. He's Avery without craving the media spotlight as far as drama goes. That doesn't mean I don't think he's got value or talent, just that I don't want him because of it.

He's Avery without craving the media spotlight as far as drama goes.

OK...we really do get it. BUT, nothing you as a Pens fan can say is going to get Flyers fans to agree with that statement. No matter how many times you repeat it or something similar. So what say we move on to some different topics to disagree about. :D

OK...we really do get it. BUT, nothing you as a Pens fan can say is going to get Flyers fans to agree with that statement. No matter how many times you repeat it or something similar. So what say we move on to some different topics to disagree about. :D

See heck I didn't expect you to agree! Just sharing he way he's seen by many non-Flyer fans. If you agree what fun would that be?? ;). Moving on, sir!! Lol