Wouldn't it be great to sneak into that 8th seed

Guest pensuck

@Adamflyers

That's the thing about hockey playoffs. You never know what'll happen until you get there. You brought up the Kings. That's a perfect example of what can happen. We haven't had a run yet this year. Why not start now? Is it highly unlikely? Yes but you never know. I'm trying my best to be optimistic...

@Adamflyers

That's the thing about hockey playoffs. You never know what'll happen until you get there. You brought up the Kings. That's a perfect example of what can happen. We haven't had a run yet this year. Why not start now? Is it highly unlikely? Yes but you never know. I'm trying my best to be optimistic...

I hear ya man. Trust me, a very small glimmer of hope still remains in me, especially after seeing them beat the Bruins, but my gut tells me this team does not have it to make that kind of run. This team just can't string good games together this year and some glaring holes still exist. As I always say, I hope I can be proven wrong!

@Adamflyers

It's over. It's been over. I know anything's possible, sneaking into the playoffs in 2010 still fresh in everybody's minds.....but I sadly think the best thing to do is to be trade deadline sellers (although the biggest trade bait pieces are hurt!) and get ready for the draft and free agency. This team is farther away now than it was last June 30, I bet some people actually miss Matt Carle now

@sarsippius

As you parenthetically pointed out, they have nothing to sell. I was sincerely hoping Briere would go on a little tear and up his value, but nope, he made sure they can't even get a box of pucks for him.

The Bruins broadcasters were actually lusting a bit over Knuble. I think he he would actually help them. Don't know what they'd be willing to give up though.

@TedZep

Amazing how the bad seasons never have the commensurate positive counterweight around here. In a total crap season we can't unload our most tradeable commodity and fleece some GM that thinks he's a sniper away from a Cup. Reminds me of the time we had the worst record, couldn't win the lottery and ended up with a #2 pick that eventually became Luke Schenn. I hate the Penguins more with each passing season.....

@TedZep

Amazing how the bad seasons never have the commensurate positive counterweight around here. In a total crap season we can't unload our most tradeable commodity and fleece some GM that thinks he's a sniper away from a Cup. Reminds me of the time we had the worst record, couldn't win the lottery and ended up with a #2 pick that eventually became Luke Schenn. I hate the Penguins more with each passing season.....

You're getting one year of suffering and look how many of you are feeling. Try doing that for years and imagine how we felt. To this day I hate ANY version of the blue uniforms. Yeah we got a few high picks. But we suffered through enough losing seasons to earn them.

@Polaris922

Suffer through one season? My hockey brother, we have suffered through near 40 years wandering in the desert. We have suffered a 5 year playoff drought, a worst in the league season, had our hearts cut in the final or semi final more times than I can count. We had the greatest hockey prodigy in a generation, turns out he couldn't keep his head up. We had a brilliant young Vezina winning goaltender, he died. And nobody under 45 here can remember a Cup.

No offense but frankly I don't think 3 cups in 20 years is suffering....because why, because in between you had bad years....that gave you Mario and Jagr and Sid and Malkin?

Edited by sarsippius
  • Like 1

@Polaris922

Suffer through one season? My hockey brother, we have suffered through near 40 years wandering in the desert. We have suffered a 5 year playoff drought, a worst in the league season, had our hearts cut in the final or semi final more times than I can count. We had the greatest hockey prodigy in a generation, turns out he couldn't keep his head up. We had a brilliant young Vezina winning goaltender, he died. And nobody under 45 here can remember a Cup.

No offense but frankly I don't think 3 cups in 20 years is suffering....because why, because in between you had bad years....that gave you Mario and Jagr and Sid and Malkin?

I suppose I was viewing the flip side argument so many Flyers fans use to put down the Pens. How you've been competitive every season but a few, and how you've almost always made the playoffs allowing some hope of a victory.

I compared that to our years of not even being close to the 8th spot.

But if you look at it that way I can see your point. Just thought you guys were mostly proud to be competitive.

I suppose I was viewing the flip side argument so many Flyers fans use to put down the Pens. How you've been competitive every season but a few, and how you've almost always made the playoffs allowing some hope of a victory.

I compared that to our years of not even being close to the 8th spot.

But if you look at it that way I can see your point. Just thought you guys were mostly proud to be competitive.

That's split. The younger fans prefer the competitiveness, the rest just want a cup already - including Ed Snider. Make no mistake, he might be owner, but he's sure as hell a fan too.

Not only is this minute winning streak ruining our chances of getting a good player in the draft, it's now turned Holmgren back to "win now" mode. Couturier for Cowe. Voracek for Boewmeister and our 1st this year for Jagr sounds about right.

• Like 1

And beat the penguins. 4 points out with 14 to go!!! That would definitely make up for this year...

It would but I would prefer to follow the Pens lead in a different area. The only reason the Pens got where they are today is by being terrible and getting top 5 draft picks like Fluery, Malkin, Crosby, Staal, etc.

I dont want the Flyers to get into the Sixers rut of barely making the playoffs, lose in the 1st round and draft in the middle of the pack.

We have a good core to build around with Giroux, Simmonds, Schenns, Couterier but need to get that monster high pick for a difference maker.

• Like 2

Funny you'd post that. Signs around here are...

What do the Titanic and the Flyers have in common?

1. They both look good until they hit the ice.

2. They're both at the bottom of the Atlantic.

Ass

Funny though, full credit.

Funny you'd post that. Signs around here are...

What do the Titanic and the Flyers have in common?

1. They both look good until they hit the ice.

2. They're both at the bottom of the Atlantic.

Neither of those are even slightly funny. Not at all.

Reported.