Zolnierczyk to Ducks for Jay Rosehill...

Here is a phantoms article written just before the NHL season started. Z didn't quite impress in a situation where he was given top 6 forward minutes. He wasn't horrible. but is there any real reason to think that he was going to improve for another contract next year? I think we've seen the best of Z.

Rosehill gives a bit of toughness depth should something happen to Rinaldo for the rest of the season. If he doesn't pan out then we have an extra nhl contract space available.

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/blogpostprint.htm?id=12688

• Like 1

Well I won't bitch one bit if they stack this team with fighters and just beat up the rest of the league... it will be at least entertaining

I hope Rosehill is just a good faith trade for something more significant later

Here is a phantoms article written just before the NHL season started. Z didn't quite impress in a situation where he was given top 6 forward minutes. He wasn't horrible. but is there any real reason to think that he was going to improve for another contract next year? I think we've seen the best of Z.

Rosehill gives a bit of toughness depth should something happen to Rinaldo for the rest of the season. If he doesn't pan out then we have an extra nhl contract space available.

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/blogpostprint.htm?id=12688

I'm thinking you haven't seen Rosehill much. He really isn't an NHL talent at anything he does. He doesn't even fight well. He was in the AHL for a reason.

• Like 4

http://flyers.nhl.co...nt.htm?id=12688

What the hell is playing with him on the Phantoms??? Seriously, this is a dead last team with no ability whatsoever. "We've seen the best of Harry Z???" We haven't seen a damn thing of Harry Z because Lavy decided to take a page from Hitchcock's book. There is absolutely no excuse or defense for this deal. It's beyond lunacy.

• Like 1

I'm thinking you haven't seen Rosehill much. He really isn't an NHL talent at anything he does. He doesn't even fight well. He was in the AHL for a reason.

THAT's the thing! He can't even fight. I swear to god, in a fight with Rinaldo, Simmonds, or Hartnell, he gets his lunch handed to him. He's a goon that can't play--that's not unusual. But he's also a goon that can't goon. He's Riley Cote but without the awesome offensive ability.

I tell you something else. I live in north central PA right in the Pens/Flyers battle zone (among the 20 people who know hockey exists). I may just follow the Pens the rest of this season. At least you guys have a front office that has the slightest idea what it's doing.

• Like 1

THAT's the thing! He can't even fight. I swear to god, in a fight with Rinaldo, Simmonds, or Hartnell, he gets his lunch handed to him. He's a goon that can't play--that's not unusual. But he's also a goon that can't goon. He's Riley Cote but without the awesome offensive ability.

I tell you something else. I live in north central PA right in the Pens/Flyers battle zone (among the 20 people who know hockey exists). I may just follow the Pens the rest of this season. At least you guys have a front office that has the slightest idea what it's doing.

Wow... Now I KNOW you're pissed!!

What the hell is playing with him on the Phantoms??? Seriously, this is a dead last team with no ability whatsoever. "We've seen the best of Harry Z???" We haven't seen a damn thing of Harry Z because Lavy decided to take a page from Hitchcock's book. There is absolutely no excuse or defense for this deal. It's beyond lunacy.

However if Z were a smarter player he should have been able to stand out on a dead last team. Z has played 44 games in the NHL 3 goals, 4 assists, a -11, and a 4 game suspension. He isn't big 5'11 175lb.

This just isn't a big deal imo. I can't say I'm excited by the trade because I'm not. It just is a wash imo.

• Like 1

I have to admit, the outrage over a trade involving two AHL players is well, almost inconceivable. Seriously, this trade is a non-event. A year from now nobody will miss Harry Z and Rosehill will be wherever. Harry is fast and that's about it. He's certainly better than Rosehill but this is not going to make or break the Flyers' Stanley Cup hopes for the future.

• Like 1

T

I have to admit, the outrage over a trade involving two AHL players is well, almost inconceivable. Seriously, this trade is a non-event. A year from now nobody will miss Harry Z and Rosehill will be wherever. Harry is fast and that's about it. He's certainly better than Rosehill but this is not going to make or break the Flyers' Stanley Cup hopes for the future.

There's no doubt about it. Its likely a non-factor. But this type of move touches a nerve with the fans of this team in a way that is so aggravating. We've seen it time and time again with sharp and upshall, tibbets etc. This dumping of at worst, unrealized mid level potential, for what can only be described as 'buckets of chum.' Um... if you gotta dump the contract, then dump the fkin' contract. But don't bring back a turd, polish it and present it to me as shinola.
  • Like 1

TThere's no doubt about it. Its likely a non-factor. But this type of move touches a nerve with the fans of this team in a way that is so aggravating. We've seen it time and time again with sharp and upshall, tibbets etc. This dumping of at worst, unrealized mid level potential, for what can only be described as 'buckets of chum.' Um... if you gotta dump the contract, then dump the fkin' contract. But don't bring back a turd, polish it and present it to me as shinola.

Point taken. But there is speculation (hfboards) that Homer did this as a favor to Anaheim. Apparently there is a limit on the number of "veteran" players you can have on an AHL team and the Ducks' AHL affiliate (whoever that is) was over it. They needed to get rid of someone and the rumor is that Homer obliged by sending them Z, who is not considered a "veteran" in the AHL. Possibly this leads to something else between Phila and Anaheim. We'll see I guess.

He wasn't horrible. but is there any real reason to think that he was going to improve for another contract next year? I think we've seen the best of Z.

Even if that's true Harry is a better player than Jay Rosehill don't you think? And of course Harry could improve enough to earn 4th line minutes...Hell I thought for a kid, a rookie he showed way more upside than downside didn't you?

In any event Rosehill is not a replacement for any of our roster players, not by any stretch of the imagination, unless we're going back to the Broad Street Bullies days. So what's the plan, he dresses 6 times a year when we want to kick somebody's ass?

It's not like I think Harry can be a great player - the way I thought of Bob for example - but it's just so unnecessary bringing in a guy like Rosehill and so goddamn shortsighted throwing Harry away for [what I consider] next-to-nothing.

But there is speculation (hfboards) that Homer did this as a favor to Anaheim. Apparently there is a limit on the number of "veteran" players you can have on an AHL team...

Ah interesting - okay it serves me right for replying before I read the rest of the thread. So maybe - just maybe - there's a method to this madness from Homer. If it's true that is.

We'll probably end up with Sheldon Souray out of this!

REPORTED!

Bad attitude? Uncoachable?

Who? Harry Z? Quite possibly. I have to hope there's something that we can't see from our couches that makes Lavy not even try to play him and Wellwood ahead of, say, knugget.

Or did you mean Rosehill (um...that's Rosewood, commissioner)? I don't know that it has anything to do with attitude, etc. It's just when you ask your garbage man to rewire your HVAC, it might not work out so well even if he's the nicest guy in the world.

Well, really, my irritation is largely due to Holmgren's penchant for making a trade just for the hell of making a trade. No rhyme nor reason to it. What's coming back doesn't help even the minor league team a damn bit but eh, Holmgren's jock was itchy so it was time to make a trade.

But bookmark this thread: for the 14-15 season, Harry Z will score 20 goals or more.

• Like 1