Panaccio: "No" to Hall and Huskins Return

Guest radoran

Response on teh Twitter

no RT @kroberts4343: @tpanotchCSN Is there any chance that the Flyers keep Hall and Huskins?

------

Nothing really ventured in getting either player. Nothing particularly gained, either.

I like Huskins as a 7 much more than Gervais and I thought Hall did well as a poor man's Joel Otto or Kent Maderville.

• Like 4

Response on teh Twitter

no RT @kroberts4343: @tpanotchCSN Is there any chance that the Flyers keep Hall and Huskins?

------

Nothing really ventured in getting either player. Nothing particularly gained, either.

I like Huskins as a 7 much more than Gervais and I thought Hall did well as a poor man's Joel Otto or Kent Maderville.

I'd surely sign Hall for about what he got next year. Than again, that depends on who's here and who gets traded. Not sure what it is about the Flyers and not keeping guy's who can actually win faceoffs.

• Like 2

I thought Hall did well as a poor man's Joel Otto or Kent Maderville.

For whatever reason he always made me think of Jodi Hull. Could just be the Hall/Hull thing, though.

I would have liked to see more of Hall. Don't really care whether Huskins stays or go, though.

@ruxpin

My thought process:

Huskins >> Gervais > Foster > Parent > Krajicek

I was extremely disappointed with Parent. Maybe my memory of the pain of his suckage has lessened over time, but would you really put Parent as worse than Gervais or Foster?

I wouldn't, but again I'm thinking maybe Gervais & Foster's suckage is just more recent and, therefore, clearer to me.

Response on teh Twitter

------

Both gone. Bye bye. -_-

I agree with Timmy P on Huskins. I would rather see someone like The Big O get time and develop than Huskins.

I have mixed reactions on Hall. I like his size and game but I think that Laughton could play a similar role with a much higher upside.

• Like 1

I agree with Timmy P on Huskins. I would rather see someone like The Big O get time and develop than Huskins.

I have mixed reactions on Hall. I like his size and game but I think that Laughton could play a similar role with a much higher upside.

I agree. Both did a decent job when playing but neither wowwed to the point of extending a contract beyond this season. They were simply added because of the injury situation this year. When guys like Rinaldo, Talbot, Coburn, Mez, etc get healthy and return to the lineup there really is no place for Hall or Huskins.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was ok with Huskins as a depth kinda guy. Do want to go younger on D though. Hall was not a make or break decision, but loved his effort and hustle. I would have been more than ok with resigning him at the same price.

Hall was not a make or break decision

Don't overlook the success he had in the faceoff circle...he was the best guy at it besides G....now we didn't see it all season because he was a late addition but there was many games early in the season where they gave up quit a few goals in their zones off of faceoffs....

...ones where there may have been big points left on the table just because they suck at faceoffs....like i said G excluded....

Flyer's center need some help in that area.

I'd take Huskins for under 9K and just waive Gervais... :ph34r: