So does Letang get suspended for crosschecking the linesman?

Last night Kris Letang LOOKED right at the linseman as he skated around him to get to a scrum and crosschecked him. How come I haven't heard a thing about him getting suspended over this. It wasn't brutal, but it sure as heck was a crosscheck. And you're supposed to get suspended for physical abuse of officials. Or does the Pens factor rear it's ugly head yet again?

Edited by flyercanuck

@flyercanuck

@DaGreatGazoo

@Phillygrump

Don't hold your collective breaths. As much as he SHOULD be suspended....we all know Gary will protect his prize team. It seems like the rule book is politely put away during these types of situations. Remember a few years ago, Malkin somehow skirted a suspended during the Stanley Cup finals. It is one thing to miss calls during the course of a game, it is totally different when something blatantly happens in front of a linesman and is black and white in the rule book and still nothing called. Face it is what it is........

• Like 1

Remember a few years ago, Malkin somehow skirted a suspended during the Stanley Cup finals. It is one thing to miss calls during the course of a game, it is totally different when something blatantly happens in front of a linesman and is black and white in the rule book and still nothing called.

I mentioned that incident several times after that happened. Ridiculous, but you knew Malkin wasn't going to get the same type of treatment as anyone else even though the NHL set a precedent that they were absolutely not going to tolerate that type of behavior earlier in the playoffs. But of course later, when Malkin was the offender, the rules must have changed.

Its a joke.

@flyercanuck

@DaGreatGazoo

@Phillygrump

Don't hold your collective breaths. As much as he SHOULD be suspended....we all know Gary will protect his prize team. It seems like the rule book is politely put away during these types of situations. Remember a few years ago, Malkin somehow skirted a suspended during the Stanley Cup finals. It is one thing to miss calls during the course of a game, it is totally different when something blatantly happens in front of a linesman and is black and white in the rule book and still nothing called. Face it is what it is........

Yeah, we all remember that. And the NHL reviewed the issue, as the rule says, and they determined that it wasn't a case that Bysma sent Malkin out simply to start a fight. After all that's what the rule is for, it to prevent a coach from simply sending out a goon to start a fight in the last five minutes. If you think that Bylsma sat there, and said, "Hey Geno, go out there and start a fight" then you really are on drugs.

Edited by nossagog

Last night Kris Letang LOOKED right at the linseman as he skated around him to get to a scrum and crosschecked him. How come I haven't heard a thing about him getting suspended over this. It wasn't brutal, but it sure as heck was a crosscheck. And you're supposed to get suspended for physical abuse of officials. Or does the Pens factor rear it's ugly head yet again?

I guess you'll have to provide a video of that because I haven't hear boo about that.

Oh my god, suspend him for the rest of the playoffs, really. I just saw a video, you are really on drugs, that's hillarious. Letang gets bumped by the official as he's going into the scrum, and letang bumps back without knowing who he was. Crosscheck? Really? Get a life.

Edited by nossagog

The reports on sports talk about it were Letang gets bumped from behind by the official and without seeing who is bumping him gives a shove back with his stick, then realizes it's a linesman. The league won't address something so harmless, nor should they. I also read this .. from Yahoo Sports.

Now, the NHL typically allows for heat of the moment incidents to pass without punishment. Please recall the Jannik Hansen cross-check on a referee during a Canucks vs. Sharks game this season. The officials didn’t list the incident on any game report; hence, the NHL didn’t act on it.

According to Elliotte Friedman: “There is no game misconduct for ‘abuse of officials’ listed on the scoresheet. That's usually the tell for any further penalty.

Oh my god, suspend him for the rest of the playoffs, really. I just saw a video, you are really on drugs, that's hillarious. Letang gets bumped by the official as he's going into the scrum, and letang bumps back without knowing who he was. Crosscheck? Really? Get a life.

I'l post a video when I find one. Doesn't know who he is???? He's looking right at him. Bumps him? With his stick held horizontally? In hockey it's called a crosscheck. I already said it wasn't brutal...it was still a crosscheck. Put it this way, Rinaldo does 5-10 for that.

I'l post a video when I find one. Doesn't know who he is???? He's looking right at him. Bumps him? With his stick held horizontally? In hockey it's called a crosscheck. I already said it wasn't brutal...it was still a crosscheck. Put it this way, Rinaldo does 5-10 for that.

The linesman "reportedly" said he and Letang talked about it after and Letang apologized saying he felt the bump, saw a dark helmet skating by and pushed back. *shrugs*. Letang isn't exactly Cooke... And by your own words is more likely to fall down that fight back. ;)

Regardless , that was some bush league **** at the end of that game.

Doesn't matter who started what, 0:00 is not the time to fight.

Are the Pens trying to create some extra motivation ? maybe this will wake them up. The Isles have matched them 5on 5 and maybe have been the better team at even strength which has surprised me...Morrow's line has been consistantly good but the rest have been either great or atrocious sometimes on the same shift, in Malkin's case.

Heres video - I guess Letang gets bumped and then as he's turning to follow the linesmans direction he has his eyes closed the entire time so he can't see the striped shirt RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIS EYES AS HE'S FOLLOWING IT??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv-GXYN-Q2g

I gotta agree that there is no way LeWang didnt see that was a ref but just reacted. If the rule book allows for heat of the moment small stuff to occur, I really dont see enough there that is suspension worthy. Perhaps a fine for contact with an official, but I dont see enough there for a suspension. Wish I did, I would love to see the Pens have to skate without LeDick in game 5. Did I mention I dont like LeTool?

Edited by trevluk

OMG. I definitely see the head as the primary point of contact. You can see the linesman's head suddenly snap back and to the left. At the .14 mark I can definitely see a knife blade between the collar bone and the jaw.

15 games easy.

• Like 1

Regardless , that was some bush league **** at the end of that game.

Doesn't matter who started what, 0:00 is not the time to fight.

Are the Pens trying to create some extra motivation ? maybe this will wake them up. The Isles have matched them 5on 5 and maybe have been the better team at even strength which has surprised me...Morrow's line has been consistantly good but the rest have been either great or atrocious sometimes on the same shift, in Malkin's case.

Malkin's been especiall atrocious. He's back to the days of the stupid passes in both the offensive, defensive and neutral zones.

Two things are killing them.

First, they need to slow down the transition of the Isles in the neutral zone. They're giving them too much room, and the entrance to the Pens defensive zone is way two easy. Change over to a modified trap if necessary, but stop backing in and allowing them to get set up.

Two, stop the frigging stretch passes for the set breakouts. When the Pens get clear possession of the puck defensively, the Isles are setting up in a 1-3-1. You're not going to find a hole in there for the long stretch pass. All that's going to do is give them the puck at center ice with two of you forwards trapped at their blue line. At least two Pens have to come out of the zone with speed to have options, the rest have to build up speed and be ready for the dump in, beat them to the puck(pound the defenseman while your at it) and keep the puck in the other end.

If Bylsma cannot adjust these things, the series is lost. Power plays are going to get rarer and rarer as the series goes on, 5 on 5 is the key. Sure they scored 4 even strength goals last game, but the gave up more. Stop the turnovers(and save the children too)

I think the Pens would take it anyway with the change in net... They seem to grasp carrying to the red then dump and pound pretty well. The problem has been any shots from the blue line in have even odds of Fleury pushing then into the net. The O and D have been okay... Not great but good enough to win four.

Crickets...

Link?

Was he even with the Flyers?

I haven't heard of this incident, not that it didn't happen , but I would think that if a guy wrecked a referee it would have made the news and become part of his " lore" you know ?