Apparently something is worked out with the nucks

I could see the Flyers trying to sign Luongo if Vancouver buys him out, but even Homer isn't crazy enough to take on his current contract after the Bryzgalov debacle. Thing is, if Luongo becomes a free agent then he would be a pretty desirable commodity I would think. He might not come cheap.

True....However, I actually believe if Luongo is bought out, he has learned from his mistake and will never sign too long a contract again. So he may be interesting to pursue as a free agent.

but even Homer isn't crazy enough to take on his current contract after the Bryzgalov debacle.

Dude i would believe you if i hadn't already seen a 9 year 50 million deal handed out once ....gulp...what is around the corner?????

True....However, I actually believe if Luongo is bought out, he has learned from his mistake and will never sign too long a contract again. So he may be interesting to pursue as a free agent.

I agree, and since he'll be collecting a nice paycheck from Vancouver for a long time anyway he won't really need to. He actually has said that he knows his current contract is a problem. But unlike another recently bought out goalie, I can see the demand for Luongo's services to be pretty strong. Maybe he just goes based entirely on where he would prefer playing, since the money wouldn't be much of an issue.

For comedic pleasure:

E1 - This is a rumor that comes from a single reliable source not in any way directly connected to the players or teams involved.

E2 - This rumor is simply more than one reliable sources not in any way directly connected to the players or teams involved and not connected to each other. It does not have to equate to two E1’s. It could be several E1’s.

E3 - This rumor comes from a single source with ties somehow to the players or teams involved.

E4 - This rumor comes from more than one source with ties to the players or teams involved.

E5 - This rumor comes from source telling Eklund the deal is 100% done and just has not been announced yet

It's also worth noting that "100% done" doesn't mean "actually will happen." E5's have fallen through before.

I'm generally one to accept what Eklund posts as legitimately things he's hearing from people in the game, but even then, I simply take his posts as interesting looks at some of the jillion ideas that get bounced around front offices. If it happens, sure, if not, no shock. It's when people start to take his rumors as gospel and they fall through that people tend to get snippy about his "sources."

@JackStraw agreed, he's already wildly rich having many, many years of high paying contracts. I suspect Roberto will now go to the team he has the best chance of winning....which means to me, sitting back and seeing where the FA fly....ie making sure the team he goes to has a legit defense and legit back checking forwards and enough goals and depth to assure he can let in 2 or 3 per game and still win most of the time. Does the legit defense part exclude the Flyers?

"IF" they can work out a manageable contract, Luongo might be the kind of guy to mentor Mason. He is a good team player and obviously a good goalie. If he remains a good goalie after coming to the goalie graveyard that is Philly it will be even better. I'm trying to stay positive.

If he remains a good goalie after coming to the goalie graveyard that is Philly it will be even better.

Don't be surprised if it's Schneider instead...something like Read and Coots for Schneids and Elder.....wait on it...wait!

Nucks only have 47,000m in cap space...that free up 9 million there...

Edited by OccamsRazor

@JackStraw One could make the arguement that *if* healthy we *could* be ok on defense, of course some big IF's applied there. My gut says Roberto would want more than if's at this point of his career. Unless Homer is willing to overpay once he is bought out...... :huh:

@OccamsRazor Edler was the first d-man I picked in fantasy hockey. I found out after the fact that he has been plagued by back problems for years and years. Great skill set, excellent pp qb, good in his own end etc, but that back throws out HUGE red flags for me!!

@JackStraw One could make the arguement that *if* healthy we *could* be ok on defense, of course some big IF's applied there. My gut says Roberto would want more than if's at this point of his career. Unless Homer is willing to overpay once he is bought out...... :huh:

You're missing the obvious jammer, we now have the cap space to trade for Shea Weber... MAKE IT HAPPEN HOMER!!!

You're missing the obvious jammer, we now have the cap space to trade for Shea Weber... MAKE IT HAPPEN HOMER!!!

Well, not that I won't be excited if that happens (who wouldn't be?), but when moving into THAT territory, it's not just a freed up cap space we need to be looking at, although that helps from that perspective. The issue with going after Weber through the trade is the asking price will be way too high. I can't imagine Nashville matched that offer last summer to basically give him away. The Flyers would be offered to part ways with the likes of Voracek/B Schenn, 1st round pick next year, and I am sure more (at least one decent d-man… I am thinking Coburn). Not worth, if you want my personal opinion... even for the player of Weber's caliber.

Edited by Mad Dog

Please, let's avoid the rumor mongering. It gives the board motion sickness.

Howie> More like emotion sickness! Feel like James Dean in Rebel without cause.http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/40604/Rebel-Without-a-Cause/trailers Edited by Phlyer1

Does anyone think Luongo will be able to handle the Philly media and fans, as well as, the pressure that comes with playing in Philly? He had a difficult time doing that in Vancouver. He'll be eaten alive and the Flyers will be in the same spot as they were with Bryz. In my opinion, not a smart move.

Also note E5 is usually a story that is already cited everywhere else, already announced, and indeed a factual story known to everybody EXCEPT Eklund. Example A) Phily buys out Bryz E5 posted at 2:00pm today...this was already announced and public knowledge before then.

For comedic pleasure:

E1 - This is a rumor that comes from a single reliable source not in any way directly connected to the players or teams involved.

E2 - This rumor is simply more than one reliable sources not in any way directly connected to the players or teams involved and not connected to each other. It does not have to equate to two E1’s. It could be several E1’s.

E3 - This rumor comes from a single source with ties somehow to the players or teams involved.

E4 - This rumor comes from more than one source with ties to the players or teams involved.

E5 - This rumor comes from source telling Eklund the deal is 100% done and just has not been announced yet