Adam hall back with flyers

@hf101

I like him also, he's good a faceoffs but have to wonder that Laughton will not be here? I hope Homer knows what he's doing instead of handing contracts out left and right. He always put himself in a corner with the 50 contract thing.

• Like 1

@hf101

I like him also, he's good a faceoffs but have to wonder that Laughton will not be here? I hope Homer knows what he's doing instead of handing contracts out left and right. He always put himself in a corner with the 50 contract thing.

I could be wrong but I counted them at 48 contracts.

48, with eligibility to slide Stolarz and Laughton.

They should slide both. I do not want Laughton up this season at all. Let him season and get a ton of ice time in juniors. Let him develop. It beats riding the NHL bench.

• Like 2

Hard not to like what Hall brought. Good solid work ethic, dependable in the neutral and defensive zones, won't put up big numbers, but that's not what he is paid to do. This tells me Laughton will be spending one more year in the O, which is not a bad thing. He should dominate and get lots of time on the top pp in the OHL, which is always good for a players confidence.

• Like 3

I like this signing. 600K

He played well last spring. Replaces Fedotekno imo.

yup..pretty much agree with all the above. Like the signing and as a bonus, his cap hit is low. Good Job Homer (can I really type that!) ;)

Trade Talbot?

I hope not. I know Talbit had a down year last seasoon, but I think he brings that something intangible into the locker room. A good guy to have in locker room. I will be dissappointed if he gets moved.

• Like 1

Talbot had a down year, but I love the guys who muck it up, don't mind getting down and dirty. I think Talbot's numbers might decrease, esp if he is pushed to the 4th line....but I still see double digit goals by him...and that is fine production for a checker. It's actually the best you can expect from a checker who plays limited minutes....double digit goals that is. I can't confirm it, but I suspect he's a true veteran leader in the locker room, a guy who will call out a star like Vinny if he starts to slack....and therein lies the true value of a guy like Talbot, he goes way beyond stats. I know what to expect from him, and I like that. No wonder he has a Stanley Cup winning goal on his resume, guys a winner pure and simple. One of my favourtie Flyers, would be crushed if he was traded for cap purposes. If he is, then the true price of getting pansy Vinny will start to be felt.

• Like 1

@doom88 That's why I threw in the can't confirm it, cause I don't pretend to know what's going on in there behind closed doors. Maybe he did call out Briere, but it never made the press, which is the way it should be. You might be right, he might not be the veteran presence everyone claims he is....sometimes players get reps they don't deserve....if I had to guess I'd say he's a great leader, but again, I have no way of really knowing.

but I suspect he's a true veteran leader in the locker room, a guy who will call out a star like Vinny if he starts to slack....and therein lies the true value of a guy like Talbot, he goes way beyond stats.

great point, that's what "the book" on Talbot has always been - great team guy, great locker room presence.

Unfortunately he'll have plenty of chances to show that leadership with Vinny around.. lol. I love the guy but man he disappears sometimes to the point where you wonder...can this possibly be the same 50-goal guy from a few years back?

@canoli 50 goals will not be reachable as far as I can see. That was what....6 or 7 years ago? Those days seem long gone....he only had the two elite years anyways. He will be productive for a few years than we can start to sweat it out....lol.

nah of course not, he's never getting near 50 again. I didn't think I suggested he would. But anyway I'll be extremely happy if he hits 30, I'd call that a real win for the Flyers. If he stays healthy he'll be getting lots of PP time...30 shouldn't be out of reach. I hope.