Who gets the axe first after a slow start, (and who should)?

FD19372

Homer built this team (with the blessing of Ed Snider, of course).  He was the one who did not bring in a top tier goalie (sorry, Bryz) or d-man in his prime. He consistently brings in players past their prime. I'm praying that Lecavalier does not turn into Forsberg and get hurt every other game.  He should be the first one fired because he refused to get a somewhat fast, young d-man in a deal. He has a slow aging d core that is begging to have its first injury excuses coming in by mid-November (Timonen), and an overpaid stiff (Coburn) as its first d unit. He brought in Coburn and kept Timonen. Bringing in Luke Schenn was a good move but they need more than just him. Enough said.

@

maybe we ought to wait until at least the first intermission of the season opener before we start talking about who to blame for the slow start?

That was stating that if things go the way they normally do, and they get off to a very slow start, who gets the axe?

If things start off bad, I think it would be Homer who goes first. That would put the whole team on alert that with a new GM coming in, anyone is trade bait. Stressing the word ANYONE.

It's Homer we're talking about, anyone is already trade bait.

• Like 1

Homer made a few good trades so there's no reason to get rid of him.

We have to fire the coach Homer hired that uses a system that is incompatible with the players Homer selected.

It's the only way to be sure.

:ph34r:

Homer built this team (with the blessing of Ed Snider, of course).  He was the one who did not bring in a top tier goalie (sorry, Bryz) or d-man in his prime. He consistently brings in players past their prime. I'm praying that Lecavalier does not turn into Forsberg and get hurt every other game.  He should be the first one fired because he refused to get a somewhat fast, young d-man in a deal. He has a slow aging d core that is begging to have its first injury excuses coming in by mid-November (Timonen), and an overpaid stiff (Coburn) as its first d unit. He brought in Coburn and kept Timonen. Bringing in Luke Schenn was a good move but they need more than just him. Enough said.

Lavy. Snyder is quicker to fire coaches than management.

@

maybe we ought to wait until at least the first intermission of the season opener before we start talking about who to blame for the slow start?

Right before I woke up this morning I was dreaming that I was at a game and that we were down 13-2 to the Caps in the last few minutes.  Does that count for anything toward our slow start? :P

(on a side note, the game was being played at the Spectrum which was in poor repair in the dream)

Lavi first. I like that Holmgren didn't blow up the team this off-season and only had so much to work with without doing anything stupid. I like the first two draft choices a lot too. Some of Holmgren's big mistakes are definitely a part of Snider's doing.

I like Lavi but he doesn't seem to adjust well to the opposition, though he can only do so much with the players he's given. It just gets tiresome to watch the team come out flat every single game. That "comeback kid" thing we had in 2011 was a lot of fun to watch but it doesn't work in the long-run, like the playoffs. 

All of that being said, I'm not sure who would be a good replacement as head coach (I don't really want one of the assistant coaches stepping in) and I have Homer on the hot seat as well. He got a few decent pieces this off-season but not necessarily what we needed, but there also weren't a lot of options. 

I honestly think this team's success is going to heavily depend on how B. Schenn and Couturier play/develop. Now is about the time that everybody was expecting them produce and Couturier was pretty awful last season and was a defensive liability. I don't want either one traded because they're both so young and have shown flashes of their brilliance. 

Without question it's John Stevens

Lavi is definitely gone and if the Flyers miss the playoffs again enter Ron Hextall to take over for Homer.

Replacement for Lavi? Marc Crawford? Terry Murray?

No Murray, been there done that. If Lavi goes, I want an "outsider" as the next coach!

Lavi is definitely gone and if the Flyers miss the playoffs again enter Ron Hextall to take over for Homer.

Replacement for Lavi? Marc Crawford? Terry Murray?

No Murray, been there done that. If Lavi goes, I want an "outsider" as the next coach!

****! Murray is only one step from being the Flyers coach again being with the Phantoms.