There has never been a flyer team this bad

King Knut

There is just no way to describe how pathetic this team is.

The shame they are bringing into this franchise is irredeemable. They are abjectly horrible down to the las man... Except for the goalies. Go figure that one out.

Many I you mocked me last year when I said Bryz wasn't the thing killing the team. Now there can be no question.

This team hasn't got anything worth while going on. Period.

Trade them all for picks. Try to get half the first round if you can.

Giroux especially. He is the worst captain in Flyers history. and you all know I'm not exaggerating.

There is no point to even showing up any more.

None of them want to win. I honk they've forgotten that its even a possibility. They are Utterly the most pathetic garbage team I have ever seen.

Just forget the franchise ever existed at this point, move them to Kansas City and sign me up for the Kings center ice plan because apparently this team's balls went to LA. They certainly have none now.

Ha and you guys thought Carter and Eichards were lazy and unmotivated. What a gd joke.

And the joke is in us.

How they showed effort? Where was the effort on the third and second goal? Alone man hangin in from of the goalie, with center and D out of position. Same type of missing assignment like the Bertuzzi goal from last game. Nothing changed

Some players like MvGinn they showed, but as team - none

And if you listen to the post-game interviews Giroux and Berube you must be thinking that we play the best hockey ever, 

Edited by krasy

Giroux is a big part of the problem,without Jagr to carry the puck in the zone,"G" reverts back to "Little Claudie" decent player,but definitely not the guy to lead the Flyers to the higher ground. There is no leader on this team! Homer has failed,this team reeks of of Clarkie,he did it again! It seems Ed Snider will never learn. I always wondered why the Flyers never considered Brian Burke for management,he has had decent returns where ever he was,he has history with the organization,never out of work long. Seems like a missed oppurtunity!

How they showed effort? Where was the effort on the third and second goal? Alone man hangin in from of the goalie, with center and D out of position. Same type of missing assignment like the Bertuzzi goal from last game. Nothing changed

Some players like MvGinn they showed, but as team - none

And if you listen to the post-game interviews Giroux and Berube you must be thinking that we play the best hockey ever, 

I agree on this^^ but one thing. When a D man is taken out of position to go after the opposing puck carrier an offensive player is supposed to fill his slot, this didn't happen and left an opposing forward alone in front of Mason. Best example of this is the Higgins goal(Vancouver Game) when Grossman left to chase one of the Sedins behind the net and nobody filled Grossman's spot and thus left Higgins all alone in front of Mason to score a quick goal. Don't fault Grossman for that, fault one of the forwards.

This is all on the offensive lines on this team, Mason has been great and our D has been pretty good most of the time.

Edited by FreakinFlyersFan

They're, what? 5-2 in moral victories this season?

Of course, they fired Laviolette when they were 2-1 in moral victories, so...

:ph34r:

I'm thinking maybe 90-91? 91-92? But that's just how they are playing now. Still a long way to determine how good or bad this team turns out to be.

I agree on this^^ but one thing. When a D man is taken out of position to go after the opposing puck carrier an offensive player is supposed to fill his slot, this didn't happen and left an opposing forward alone in front of Mason. Best example of this is the Higgins goal(Vancouver Game) when Grossman left to chase one of the Sedins behind the net and nobody filled Grossman's spot and thus left Higgins all alone in front of Mason to score a quick goal. Don't fault Grossman for that, fault one of the forwards.

This is all on the offensive lines on this team, Mason has been great and our D has been pretty good most of the time.

Yes you are right and that's why i said that Center is also out of position - Giroux on Higgins goal and Talbot on Bertuzzi's

Well this thread was a bit premature....but it's official now. WORST START IN FLYERS HISTORY!

Take a bow Mr. Holmgren.

Flyers should take advantage of the week layoff and "relieve" him of his duties today. Let Hextall evaluate the team immediately and adjust accordingly.

• Like 1

I fully expect singing to happen soon... A monumental trade, Homer being fired, etc....

^^ This ^^   I think you nailed it; I fully expect Holmgren to be watching the Flyers' next game from his barc-o-lounger while perusing the Want-Ads.