I SWEAR COBURN

Philly29

Every time there Is a goal scored against us you are on the ice every freaking time!!! ENOUGH ALREADY!!!! Thanks for deflecting the puck into your own net ass wipe. I do not know how many times I have said it on this forum but Coburn is on the ice every freaking time!!!

Every time there Is a goal scored against us you are on the ice every freaking time!!! ENOUGH ALREADY!!!! Thanks for deflecting the puck into your own net ass wipe. I do not know how many times I have said it on this forum but Coburn is on the ice every freaking time!!!

Rofl. This post was great :lol:

Thanks for deflecting the puck into your own net ass wipe.

Come on, man!  You act like he shot it on net himself.  It deflected off of him be cause he was in the right position.  1/2 inch more to the left and it would have been a blocked shot.  Coburn actually had a solid game.  He was a +1, 3 blocked shots, and the GWG.

• Like 1

If Coburn can make himself play like he is capable, like he did tonight, I'd be fine with him, I thought he was excellent tonight. The thing is he only seems to pull out that game and effort every 6 games or so...

I think @doom88 calls it "mad Coburn" when he's engaged he's quite good. Need yo see that guy more frequently though.

Look dude.... Coburn isn't perfect but he was on the ice because he's a top line defense-men on a bad team.  You are suffering from a case of correlation ='s causation where it's not necessarily true.  There are more cops in high crime areas...the presence of more cops doesn't cause the high crime.

This is all besides the point.  The whole team has flipped on it's head...we now have solid to great goaltending, and now can hold teams not named Pitt, or Det to 2 goals or less, but suddenly we can't score.  Which I can't make heads from tails from.

I feel like riffing on everything...Matt Read is Mike Richards ghost and I was a Mike Richards fan, both on the ice for his play, and off the ice for how he played, because that's why you're in the NHL ... right.    I like seeing a player make plays on sheer anticipation and smarts.  Can't wait till G starts doing it again.

Go Flyers 

• Like 1

Hey I was mad at him last night and insulted him and look what happen he got the GWG. So if my insults mean Coburn plays the way WE ALL know he can play then if that's the case....COBURN YOU ARE THE WORST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE YOU SUCK YOUR HORRIBLE!!! Guys I like Coby a lot  because I get so angry at him is because I know what he is capable of he's got all the tools and size to be a great dman he just has to bring out the grit and his skill set...

Just watching him skate in person is awesome he makes it look effortless with his size. He showed some grit last night also I hope this builds his confidence and this trend continues with him. A Coburn that is playing well is a much better defense no doubt.

I apologize for what I said last night...Coburn made me eat some crow last night big time which I am very happy for!

Edited by Philly29

He's one of those guys who needs somebody better than him as his partner That's when he excels the most.

He's one of those guys who needs somebody better than him as his partner That's when he excels the most.

^ Totally agree. Coburn was at his best, by far, when he was partnered with Hatcher. Hatcher brought out Coburn's mean streak and he played with much more intensity. If he could play like that even 2 games out of every 3, he would be an outstanding player.

Guys I like Coby a lot because I get so angry at him is because I know what he is capable of he's got all the tools and size to be a great dman he just has to bring out the grit and his skill set...

See that is how i feel we've seen it here and there at times but what i think we all are just looking for is consistency....he has all the tools at his age consistency is what we/the team needs. And he has had good smart players to learn from but i won't for anyone besides myself but it will be consistency that will calm all our nerves i believe.

^ Totally agree. Coburn was at his best, by far, when he was partnered with Hatcher. Hatcher brought out Coburn's mean streak and he played with much more intensity. If he could play like that even 2 games out of every 3, he would be an outstanding player.

I forgot how old he was, so I just went and looked him up. He's still only 28. He's still got a lot of miles on him. They would really benefit from going out in the off season and getting someone who is a legit defender and can play with him. Someone who can make him confident.

I forgot how old he was, so I just went and looked him up. He's still only 28. He's still got a lot of miles on him. They would really benefit from going out in the off season and getting someone who is a legit defender and can play with him. Someone who can make him confident.

Totally agree with this...   Seidenberg became something when he was paired w/ Chara.   Coburn has the tools but just never seems to put it together.  His best years were playing w/ Kimmo when Kimmo had his "A" game.

Edited by murraycraven

Totally agree with this...   Seidenberg became something when he was paired w/ Chara.   Coburn has the tools but just never seems to put it together.  His best years were playing w/ Kimmo when Kimmo had his "A" game.

Ideally you get a #1 to replace Timomen, but I'd settle even just for a good, steady, stay-at-home guy to pair Coburn with.

• Like 1

i don't know about that Fan .. don't you think we're kinda overstocked at this point with stay-at-home D-men? We've got Streit ... and? and? Is there anyone else capable of skating and / or passing the puck quickly and accurately every time? (not emphasizing perfection there; what I mean is are they reliable?) Gus is certainly getting there; he seems to have the wheels and the brains to make consistently smart plays coming out of the zone.

The rest of them - seems to be hit or miss whether they advance the puck on the first attempt. Sad to say even Kimmo usually needs more than 1 crack at clearing the puck to safety - let alone moving it up ice quickly enough for the Flyers to exhibit some kind of transistion game.

thank goodness Mason can pass the puck pretty well otherwise we'd have Zero transistion game at this point.

i don't know about that Fan .. don't you think we're kinda overstocked at this point with stay-at-home D-men? We've got Streit ... and? and? Is there anyone else capable of skating and / or passing the puck quickly and accurately every time? (not emphasizing perfection there; what I mean is are they reliable?) Gus is certainly getting there; he seems to have the wheels and the brains to make consistently smart plays coming out of the zone.

The rest of them - seems to be hit or miss whether they advance the puck on the first attempt. Sad to say even Kimmo usually needs more than 1 crack at clearing the puck to safety - let alone moving it up ice quickly enough for the Flyers to exhibit some kind of transistion game.

thank goodness Mason can pass the puck pretty well otherwise we'd have Zero transistion game at this point.

while I agree... the concept of hockey is to transition from a good first defensive pass to an offensive player that can actually skate it into the zone.   Maybe even score once in a while.  The transition has improved IMO (still too many turnovers) but if the offense cant sustain any pressure it is not of any use...   The defense have to get back too soon b/c the forwards are not playing well along the boards.

but if the offense cant sustain any pressure it is not of any use.

that's for sure - you nailed it there - exactly what we've been seeing. The offense is a mess and the PP is a condensed version of it. The predictable passing, perimeter cycling (half the time they can't even get that going)...sillly shot selection...etc. generally winding up as a turnover.

But we looked better last night. They strung together consecutive shifts where they maintained possession and created some great chances - they did that more than a few times. We have to take into account it was against a pretty bad, injury-depleted Rangers team but still - progress is progress and a win is a win - got to take what we can get these days!

• Like 1

Whew, go figure.  Everyone here hated Carle until he wasn't signed then moaned and groaned about Holmgren not re-signing him.   As has been mentioned here numerous times, defensemen take longer to develop.  I think Coburn, while coughing up the puck as often as any other NHL defenseman, is one of the Flyers best defenseman so far this year.  Mez is oft-injured and is should be on the trading block but is probably here to stay becuase of his contract.  Just me 2 cents.

Whew, go figure.  Everyone here hated Carle until he wasn't signed then moaned and groaned about Holmgren not re-signing him.   As has been mentioned here numerous times, defensemen take longer to develop.  I think Coburn, while coughing up the puck as often as any other NHL defenseman, is one of the Flyers best defenseman so far this year.  Mez is oft-injured and is should be on the trading block but is probably here to stay becuase of his contract.  Just me 2 cents.

If you cant be w/ the one you love... love the one you are with.   Carle would be helping this Team for sure and in hingsight was a bad decision.