MILLER!

Buffalo Rick

Did Philly actually just beat the worlds greatest alltime invincible  goalie with their backup? 

Ricks record predicting Sabre/Flyer games  2 and 73.

I would still rather be sitting in our position moving forward with 17 top draft picks coming up.  The big picture is far better for Buffalo than it is for philly.  You are not going to beat a team like St Louis or Chicago.  You know it.   So nice win on home ice for the goon squad villains.  

@Hockey Junkie

First off I AM A RED WINGS FAN So I am not a Flyer fan, again, not everyone in here is.

Second, I agree with you that previous management left a empty cupboard for the new regime.

Third, QUIT COMPARING YOUR TEAM TO THE FLYERS! The Flyers have righted the ship, IMHO they have a decent short a playoff birth even. 3 teams from each division qualify, regardless of conference standings, and the the Penguins seem a mortal lock, leaving 2 spots between the Flyers, Rangers and Capitals, with an outside shot that all three could make it if four teams from the division qualify, though I seriously doubt that.

So the Sabres are eliminated by Thanksgiving having traded their best skater in Vanek, rumors about Miller, fired the coach, the GM and the guy who sells peanuts in section 105 as well as the guy who sharpens the skates of the players. The Flyers are very much alive and kicking with lots of time the Sabres are in a futile position.

Again, just a friendly reminder, I AM NOT A FLYER FAN

thanks for reading

We play you guys on Sunday.   To the mods, where did you find a word like Que? 

Ok, so you started this thread with Miller and then said one word...BEST. The question is @what? I will say he is an above average goalie but BEST is not going to cut it as a one word description of him. FORLORN/SAD/DISAPPOINTED, well they might be a little more accurate this season. I have to say that thanks to Reghier you are starting with a clean slate.....like it or not....

Here is one to ponder....the "best" goalie in the world is currently ranked 36th out of 46 in the entire NHL in GGA, and by allowing 3 goals last night, actually lowered his GGA to 3.17....LMAO!

I can anticipate the next response, so let's look at his vaunted save percentage, he sits at .917, respectable but certainly not great. How average is it....he's 18 out of 46 right in the middle of the pack.

Oh, and simply the best is a disgraceful 4-13!! 

I encourage everyone to refer to Ryan Miller as Mr.Average, cause that is just what he is!!

Rick, how bout you man up for once and just say "we got beat by a better team". These excuses are LAME!!!

Here is one to ponder....the "best" goalie in the world is currently ranked 36th out of 46 in the entire NHL in GGA, and by allowing 3 goals last night, actually lowered his GGA to 3.17....LMAO!

I can anticipate the next response, so let's look at his vaunted save percentage, he sits at .917, respectable but certainly not great. How average is it....he's 18 out of 46 right in the middle of the pack.

I encourage everyone to refer to Ryan Miller as Mr.Average, cause that is just what he is!!

Rick, how bout you man up for once and just say "we got beat by a better team". These excuses are LAME!!!

I am only saying Miller is a great goalie and anyone would have to give up some nights under these horrid circumstances.  We do not know who Pat is going to hire to fix this.  I do believe that we can fix it with all of those picks and building around about 5 or 6 guys we currently have.  you really beat us 3-1 and you got a few bounces in the 2nd.  If you are happy with your  team you are making a big mistake.  You know as well as I do the Flyers need alot of changes also.  We at least are admitting it and I gaurantee you big big changes are coming.  I stand by my take on Miller.  Its not his fault.  He has been peppered with over 45 shots a night.  

His numbers aren't great but you have to admit they are pretty respectable given the utter crap he is playing behind right?

• Like 1

@Hockey Junkie  "I am only saying Miller is a great goalie and anyone would have to give up some nights under these horrid circumstances."

Um, no. You repeatedly say he is the "best".  He is not the best, and I have the stats to prove it.

You also repeatedly stated all summer long the Sabres are better than the Leafs, Habs, Wings....now it's Miller is hung out to dry by this horrid team/circumstances. Man up and admit you are wrong, it's good for the soul.   :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@Hockey Junkie  "I am only saying Miller is a great goalie and anyone would have to give up some nights under these horrid circumstances."

Um, no. You repeatedly say he is the "best".  He is not the best, and I have the stats to prove it.

You also repeatedly stated all summer long the Sabres are better than the Leafs, Habs, Wings....now it's Miller is hung out to dry by this horrid team/circumstances. Man up and admit you are wrong, it's good for the soul.   :)

I just read this.  Geez, I realize things are far different now that they have cleaned house.   Regier is gone and so is Vanek which means its a full house cleaning.  I never thought they would deal Vanek.  But so far it looks like the Islanders lost that one.  We are sitting on a ton of picks.  Just have to suffer through a miserable year and hope Pat hires the right GM to use these picks wisely.  Trade some for sure for proven talent.  But cash some in on young talent.  This is the first time in over a decade the Leafs have been better than us.  But does that mean a hill of beans?  No.  Where are they going?  No where.  

I just read this.  Geez, I realize things are far different now that they have cleaned house.   Regier is gone and so is Vanek which means its a full house cleaning.  I never thought they would deal Vanek.  But so far it looks like the Islanders lost that one.  We are sitting on a ton of picks.  Just have to suffer through a miserable year and hope Pat hires the right GM to use these picks wisely.  Trade some for sure for proven talent.  But cash some in on young talent.  This is the first time in over a decade the Leafs have been better than us.  But does that mean a hill of beans?  No.  Where are they going?  No where.  

Hey, welcome back.  I was actually wondering if everything was okay.

The funny thing about Toronto being better than Buffalo is I'm willing to bet that if Buffalo played Toronto twice a week, they'd almost have clinched a playoff spot by now.   

It's got to be a tough year and a tough process to go  through.  Last year and the beginning of this year were painful for me.   But you do have a good number of prospects and a ton of picks and a new thing going on with Pat, so things could really look bright.

I found Nolan's quotes about Miller interesting last night.  Put his boss in a little bit of a box maybe, but still found it interesting.

Hey, welcome back.  I was actually wondering if everything was okay.

The funny thing about Toronto being better than Buffalo is I'm willing to bet that if Buffalo played Toronto twice a week, they'd almost have clinched a playoff spot by now.   

It's got to be a tough year and a tough process to go  through.  Last year and the beginning of this year were painful for me.   But you do have a good number of prospects and a ton of picks and a new thing going on with Pat, so things could really look bright.

I found Nolan's quotes about Miller interesting last night.  Put his boss in a little bit of a box maybe, but still found it interesting.

I did not hear the comments.  Did he put Miller down?  Miller has had to put up with a horrible year.  He has never quit.   He has been stellar.  The rest of the team, since losing Vanek, they cant buy a goal.  I do not know how they can justify trading Thomas Vanek to the stinking Islanders.  With all the picks we have, we will be better than the Isles and Toronto by next year or the year after at worst.  I am surprised no GM yet.  Very surprised.  Wondering if Dudley turned him down?  Or if he just is not sure?  I watched a few minutes of the game when it was 1-0 and then I look online and see its 3-1 and that was it for me.  I have to be honest, I have not been watching them.  I just cant.  They are not going to look like this next year for one thing.  Half of this team will be gone.  The faster the better for guys like Stafford and Weber.  Some, like Ott and Hodgeson they really need to try and keep.  The draft and free agency over the summer will be interesting.    I wonder if Miller will be pursued?  I tell you, San Jose should be begging the Sabres for Miller. BEGGING.  He could be the difference between them exiting in round one or winning it all.  San Jose can use Miller big time.  His wife is in Cal.  It is one place I fear he may wind up

I did not hear the comments.  Did he put Miller down?  Miller has had to put up with a horrible year.  He has never quit.   He has been stellar.  The rest of the team, since losing Vanek, they cant buy a goal.  I do not know how they can justify trading Thomas Vanek to the stinking Islanders.  With all the picks we have, we will be better than the Isles and Toronto by next year or the year after at worst.  I am surprised no GM yet.  Very surprised.  Wondering if Dudley turned him down?  Or if he just is not sure?  I watched a few minutes of the game when it was 1-0 and then I look online and see its 3-1 and that was it for me.  I have to be honest, I have not been watching them.  I just cant.  They are not going to look like this next year for one thing.  Half of this team will be gone.  The faster the better for guys like Stafford and Weber.  Some, like Ott and Hodgeson they really need to try and keep.  The draft and free agency over the summer will be interesting.    I wonder if Miller will be pursued?  I tell you, San Jose should be begging the Sabres for Miller. BEGGING.  He could be the difference between them exiting in round one or winning it all.  San Jose can use Miller big time.  His wife is in Cal.  It is one place I fear he may wind up

First, I have to get this out of the way.  Niemi > Miller and for a lot less money,  so San Jose will not be calling.

No, Nolan didn't say anything bad,  I'm sorry I don't have a link because I heard it on the radio (NHL Home Ice) while driving.   Basically stated he would rather build a team around Miller than anything they could possibly get in a trade.  Also referenced Lundqvist's new contract and that if you want a world class goalie like Miller you need to pony up.

• Like 1

http://sabrenoise.com/2013/12/04/ted-nolan-wants-build-around-ryan-miller/

I just scanned this article very quickly and didn't see the part about money and contracts.   Interesting that isn't included (unless I just missed it).  Unless I misunderstood the radio and the announcers were adding their own two cents.

@Hockey Junkie

All those draft picks will not make you better next year nor the year after. Most of them likely wont even have made the team yet. But if you guys get Ekblad you're going to have one hell of a D in about 5 years time. Youve already got Ristoleinen, Zadorov, Pysyk, McCabe and Myers.

Really too bad the Sabres already killed Grigorenko.   Barnaby is already calling him a bust.   He had no business in the NHL this year and they screwed up his contract status on top of it.  Too bad.

They were talking on NHL War Room today about Buffalo being not just bad but "historically bad."   They are on pace for 130 goals this season.  Since the first lockout, there are four teams that scored less than 190.   (189, 188--the Kings won the Cup with this total, apparently, 170, and 168).    So, the Sabres won't just beat that amount, they're going to obliterate it. 

I do not know how they can justify trading Thomas Vanek to the stinking Islanders.

That was a bad trade.   I don't think LaFontaine will repeat mistakes such as that. 

Watched the Montreal game last night.   Same old story, Buffalo has too many guys who are agonizingly slow to react. 

I admit that I'm biased toward Z, but,  if everyone on the Sabres worked as hard as he does, they'd have more than 7 wins. 

Plus, how did you like that dangle through Subban and the subsequent goal? 

He had no business in the NHL this year and they screwed up his contract status on top of it. Too bad.

I think that sometime down the road, he'll be an NHLer.  But,  he's nowhere the player Buffalo expected.