another reason I hate Crosby

The Holland "hit" on Courturier? Yes - two penalties.  Roughing (Holland) and diving (Couturier).  Pointed out to show Couturier is not above embellishing like I feel he did on the Orpik hit. 

The Orpik hit on Couturier is a borderline boarding penalty at best.  The only reason we are talking about it is that another poster was trying to use it as an example that Orpik really is a dirty player (I think it migrated here from another thread).

I could go either way on the Orpik hit.  I definitely think Courturier did some acting to buy a call. 

Bottom line and main point - the Orpik hit on Couturie was not at all a dirty hit.

There is a sizable difference b/t a bad hit and a dirty hit... Orpik made a bad hit and should have been penalized.   He was, IMO, not trying to injure but it was a bad hit based on the definition of boarding. 

Either way - 4 points for us.

All of which are conveniently forgotten whenver Crosby does a Greg Louganis

the difference to me and probably many others here is those guys "dove" past tense.

Crosby "dives" present tense. Well Daniel has taken his "talents" to Canadian sin city.

That guys from my team dove and were world class at it throughout history has no bearing and in no way lessens the facts about the guy diving for your team right now.

There is a sizable difference b/t a bad hit and a dirty hit... Orpik made a bad hit and should have been penalized.   He was, IMO, not trying to injure but it was a bad hit based on the definition of boarding. 

So now we have clean hits, bad hits and dirty hits?  Again - the Orpik hit was borderline boarding. If it's borderline, it's not even close to being a "bad" hit (whatever that is).  I wouldn't have had a problem if a penalty was called but I don't think it's outrageous that one wasn't.  Even based on the definition, it was borderline.

Bottom line for me - not at all a dirty hit.

the difference to me and probably many others here is those guys "dove" past tense.

Crosby "dives" present tense. Well Daniel has taken his "talents" to Canadian sin city.

That guys from my team dove and were world class at it throughout history has no bearing and in no way lessens the facts about the guy diving for your team right now.

Too many act like it was OK when Barber was winning Cups while flopping all over the placed but not OK when Crosby does it.

It's part of the game.  It's been part of the game.  Guys on the Pens dive - past and present.  Guys on the Flyers dive - past and present.

@B21

Did you fail to comprehend what I wrote? LOL!  Just busting your nards... I said it was NOT a dirty hit... it was a bad hit that should have been penalized.

Yes, there is a difference b/t a bad hit and a dirty hit... A dirty hit would be when there is an intent to injure. a knee on knee, Asham punching Cooter in the back of the head while he was on the ice, etc... If there is an intent to injure it is simply a dirty hit. If something happens in the coarse of an actual hockey play it could be deemed a bad hit and should be penalized. An example would be that hit by Orpik on Cooter.

Even if it was "borderline boarding" the league is making an attempt to remove that type of hit from the game. It should have been a penalty, but again, there was not intent to injure IMO. It was a bad hit but not a dirty hit...

Crosby takes diving to a new level when he sits on his butt with hands in the air lobbying for a penalty, while play continues. The LeBron of the NHL.

And yes, some Flyers dove. I'm glad Carcillo and Briere especially are gone.

Crosby takes diving to a new level when he sits on his butt with hands in the air lobbying for a penalty, while play continues. The LeBron of the NHL.

And yes, some Flyers dove. I'm glad Carcillo and Briere especially are gone.

Now don't go getting all excited... I've seen Giroux, Simmonds, Hartnell, and Schenn all do the same thing.  Sometimes when a penalty was deserved, sometimes not.  I'm sure I've seen more Flyers players do it, just can't possibly remember every incident in every game.  The eye rolling, hands in the air, what about me garbage we see league wide.  Every team does it.  Honestly, I'm thinking no less then 3 out of every 4 players does it at some point in time.  I think the difference is, the more skilled a player is the more frequently they're victimized because they're so much more skilled than those playing against them.  More likely to be hooked, held, tripped, etc etc...  

Let's face it... even low skill bums like me look to the officials in amazement when an obvious penalty isn't called after being hauled down.  Crosby just has that messed up mouth shape that really amplifies what he's thinking.  

But anybody who wants to sit here and spout the my boys don't do it line is pure homer.  The more reasonable Flyers fans here do a good job of accepting it as the three of us Pens fans do... it's been part of the game since the game was played.  Pointless finger pointing about it.  

An oldie but a goodie

http://youtu.be/uZ8iqJDJb8o

Language NSFW

Content NSFPolaris :D

That can't possibly happen... Clarke doesn't talk to anyone using more than single syllable words, and they have to have worn a Flyers sweater in the past to get any attention from him.  Besides, haven't we already seen his inability to speak to people who've had concussions??  ;)  

@jammer2

I'd forgotten about the Swedish Fish! Lol

People didn't realize that his true nickname was really Floppa. :ph34r:

Regardless, as the age old adage(modified) goes, there are two kinds of liars about  players going down easy.  Those that say they never did it and those who say they did it only once.   So yes, I can say for sure, as a Pens fan, that Crosby has embellished penalties in his career.  Okay, now its everyone elses turn to comment on their favorite player.

Now that I think about it, why are the Flyers fans trying to appease the Pens fans on this forum? Crosby is a diver, and that's that. No bearing on any other player. He's a whiny, crying, diving, unsportsmanlike, little bitch.

• Like 1

Now that I think about it, why are the Flyers fans trying to appease the Pens fans on this forum? Crosby is a diver, and that's that. No bearing on any other player. He's a whiny, crying, diving, unsportsmanlike, little bitch.

That's all anyone is till they're in black & orange...

That's all anyone is till they're in black & orange...

Are there players on Philly who have dove. Sure. Has the entire Flyers roster combined dove as much as Crosby? Hell no. That my friend is the difference. But you already know that.

No true, but the topic was Crosby, not offerings to the altar of Pens fans...

If you look back at the post that started the thread, it was another (cough cough) "incident" involving Crosby that was something that happens in every NHL game. 

Wayne Simmonds does that and he sticking up for a teammate. Crosby does it an he's a whiny bah blah blah...even more if he does it against the Flyers.

Every team had idiot fans.  Every fan has a player or players they love to hate. But there's a sizable number of Flyers fans that take it to another level when it comes to Crosby.  Maybe if you didn't cry wolf so much (like this thread) you'd be taken more seriously and your reputation as the whiniest fan base in the NHL might dissolve a bit.

In this case, the Pens fans were right and the better of the Flyers fans here agreed.

• Like 1

@flyercanuck

Really?  Did Hartnell get traded when I wasn't looking?  LeCavalier is yours now.  Giroux is no saint either.  Really??   I think Crosby could have his shins broken with a slash and most of the Flyers fanbase would say "He should've skated through it!  What an embellisher!"   Does he embellish sometimes?  Sure, but no more or less than any other superstar caliber player who gets held more than a hooker in a frat house.  

And for the record.. I've paid a LOT of attention to his between play activities this season.  Funny thing.. the officials skate over to him to talk.  The linesmen and the refs make a habit of skating over to where he is to have conversations during breaks.  So a lot of what you see on TV of him talking to the officials isn't even started by him.  *shrugs*  for what it's worth.  They do it with Giroux as well...  because of the C I'm assuming, but they don't show that on TV as much do they?  

Why is this thread still alive? Who cares? The action is now, on the ice, and it's great. Crosby is great. He is Crosby. Why should Flyers fans waste their time on him. We own the Penquins with or without him!

Head to head regular season: Flyers won 145, Pens won 93.  That's over 50% more wins!

Head to head playoff series: Flyers won four, Pens won two*.  That's 100% more wins!

The Penguins went something like 14 years in a row without winning in Philly.

The Flyers are 7 (or is it now 8?) and 1 at the Pens' new digs.

The Flyers are currently on a three game winning streak vs. the Penguins.

Seesaw?!?  I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Head to head regular season: Flyers won 145, Pens won 93. That's over 50% more wins!

Head to head playoff series: Flyers won four, Pens won two*. That's 100% more wins!

The Penguins went something like 14 years in a row without winning in Philly.

The Flyers are 7 (or is it now 8?) and 1 at the Pens' new digs.

The Flyers are currently on a three game winning streak vs. the Penguins.

Seesaw?!? I don't think that word means what you think it means.

You're going all the way back in history to the start then yeah you've had the best of the historical series. Recently though yes it's been a see-saw event. Nobody cares about ten years ago let alone say... 39? ;)

@flyercanuck

Really?  Did Hartnell get traded when I wasn't looking?  LeCavalier is yours now.  Giroux is no saint either.  Really??   I think Crosby could have his shins broken with a slash and most of the Flyers fanbase would say "He should've skated through it!  What an embellisher!"   Does he embellish sometimes?  Sure, but no more or less than any other superstar caliber player who gets held more than a hooker in a frat house.  

Hartnell falls down when noone is around him. That isn't diving, that's just lousy skating. LeCavalier, since he joined the Flyers, is too busy doing nothing to dive. Has Giroux dove. Yes, I already admitted several Flyers have. But only a Pens fan will say Crosby isn't one of the premier divers in the league. He doesn't do it as much as he used to.... Cause it would take up all his time. You don't have the fanbases of EVERY other team calling out Giroux. You DO have them calling out Crosby. I admit he's the best player in the world, and always have. You could admit he's also one of the worst divers in the league, and always was.

And for the record.. I've paid a LOT of attention to his between play activities this season.  Funny thing.. the officials skate over to him to talk.  The linesmen and the refs make a habit of skating over to where he is to have conversations during breaks.  So a lot of what you see on TV of him talking to the officials isn't even started by him.  *shrugs*  for what it's worth.  They do it with Giroux as well...  because of the C I'm assuming, but they don't show that on TV as much do they?  

Funny, I never even mentioned Sids crying....it's all right we're sick of it too.