another reason I hate Crosby

After Harts throws a great hit Cindy has to come throw an elbow at Harts and quickly skates away like a little you know what and let the rest of his teammates handle the tough stuff.

rant over

I think you are WAY over-stating this play. This is actually EXACTLY what I want my captain to do- stand up for his teammates. I did not see anything dirty on what crosby did and I did not see him run away. He gave Hartnell a nudge and was saying "we won't let you run rough shod over our players". Nothing more, nothing less. You are making a mountain out of a mole hill. 

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/watch-scott-hartnell-lays-out-lee-stempniak

After Harts throws a great hit Cindy has to come throw an elbow at Harts and quickly skates away like a little you know what and let the rest of his teammates handle the tough stuff.

rant over

There are never enough reasons to hate that horse toothed whiner, but this situation is status quo in the NHL today.  If one of your players gets drilled by a big, but clean hit, it still gets a big reaction from the other team.  Bartuzzo (sp) came in and took a bone headed penalty, so I was more than happy to see that type of stupid reaction by the Pens.  It's normally the type of thing the Flyers would have done in the past.  I do think it is ridiculous for players to be reacting like that when it is a perfectly clean hit, but again, thats what happens in today's game.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't remember clean hits causing so much commotion on the ice in the past.

• Like 1

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/watch-scott-hartnell-lays-out-lee-stempniak

rant over

that was probably least of the things I would whine about Crosby over...  As Adams stated I think that was pretty much status quo.  

There are never enough reasons to hate that horse toothed whiner, but this situation is status quo in the NHL today.  If one of your players gets drilled by a big, but clean hit, it still gets a big reaction from the other team.  Bartuzzo (sp) came in and took a bone headed penalty, so I was more than happy to see that type of stupid reaction by the Pens.  It's normally the type of thing the Flyers would have done in the past.  I do think it is ridiculous for players to be reacting like that when it is a perfectly clean hit, but again, thats what happens in today's game.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't remember clean hits causing so much commotion on the ice in the past.

This ^^^^. I don't blame Crosby for that, and hartnell probably thought he'd got a misquito bite. Bortuzzo takes the idiot penalty and it's one of my biggest beefs in the league right now. That was a great hit by Hartnell and it shouldn't have to be defended afterward by anyone on any team. Don't like it? Throw a nice check on the oppositions player when he has the puck. I hate it as much as the gutless crosscheck in the back after someone scores a goal. But I don't have a problem with the captain giving a bump and a dirty look.

agree with everyone else.  I dislike Crosby for many reasons, This is not one of them.  This type of play happens every single night, in every single NHL game.  Move along folks....

Yeah I agree with this. I do want to add I watched this game with a guy who is the biggest Pittsburgh homer. Probably the biggest homer I've ever encountered actually. It was almost unbearable. Very satisfying to see the weekend sweep because I watched both games with the guy.

He thought the Flyers go away with everything but when I asked him if Malkin and Stempniak were offsides on that last play he said "I didn't see it" the correct response is "was Briere offsides in game 1?" He needs some work.

I hope thats not a remark to the standings. Second place is back where we belong? Or back at the Wells Fargo Center? I don't understand.

The joke did not go as well as I had hoped........I might just delete it.....

The joke did not go as well as I had hoped........I might just delete it.....

Oh I thought that as the front page of the website or something. Sorry man I didn't read it right. I thought it was the slogan on the website after the Pens sweep and I was like "lets not boast about second place in the division"

Oh I thought that as the front page of the website or something. Sorry man I didn't read it right. I thought it was the slogan on the website after the Pens sweep and I was like "lets not boast about second place in the division"

no it had nothing to do with our place in the standings...it was a failed attempt at humor (oh well). do me a favor and just edit your post and delete the image so as not to confuse anybody else.  thanks.

That little bit of contact is part and parcel of playing a contact sport.  

That is as others have stated what you'd want your leader to do, let the guy know we can hit too, no harm there.

I don't like 87 , but that doesn't even register a blip in the tri-state area on my "reason for hate-inator"  ( i watch a lot of Phineas and Ferb )

What I hate about Crosby (who I respect greatly as a hockey player. As a Canadian hockey player. He has all the things I want in a hockey player, especially his hockey smarts, his compete level, his powerful lower half and his ability to shield the puck. He is pretty much the guy I least want to play against)...

...is that he is still a petulent and whiny individual, or so it seems. You can see it in him when he is frustrated, on the bench. At this point for me, it's just a physical look on his face. It's visceral. It's a petulent look, that's the only word for it.

I realize that this comes from years of #hate and from being a Flyer fan and all. Plus, I do own a "Crosby is Douche" t-shirt, so there's that, but still, there it is, on his face, as he sits on the bench down 0-4 to the Flyers. I guess I just wished he could take that look off his face.

Edited by Podein25

The Bortuzzo hit infuriated me. Olczyk accused Hartnell of ducking his head on purpose to draw the penalty, but I didn't see the play only heard it on the radio. My frustration was in the Bortuzzo should've known the officials would be watching for a retaliation for the clean hit Hartnell had just thrown... So why go after him? Wait and plaster Shirley later when she has the puck.

I do think it is ridiculous for players to be reacting like that when it is a perfectly clean hit, but again, thats what happens in today's game.

Maybe I am old school, but I would do exactly what Crosby did. Bartuzzo, no (because that was just stupid). It was a clean play- but if I am on the opposing team, I am going to give a "nudge" and say "keep your head up, pay backs mf'er". Its just part of the game. 

That was a great hit by Hartnell and it shouldn't have to be defended afterward by anyone on any team.

In my day of playing (pee wee mind your), I would do exactly what Crosby did and say "we have your number" and skate away. Its a clean play- but sends the message that says "tit-for-tat". Its all about sticking up for your teammate. Would have been nice to see someone do that when Coots got drilled into the boards. THAT actually warranted immediate retaliation.