Black Aces

Samifan

@OccamsRazor

This is true.... I just figured I'd get the basics out for Lunatic.

Yes i know. But why haven't their been names mentioned anywhere though Phantoms season is over. Hagg and Ghost aren't eligible i know just don't know the rest of the guys that can play....Alt and Ollie i know should be two McGinn one too....but other than that it merely guessing

@OccamsRazor

This is true.... I just figured I'd get the basics out for Lunatic.

Thanks for the response. I guess I did not word my request very well. I know what the black aces are, I was hoping to know specifically who the Flyers had called up for this years playoffs.

Thank you

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Meltzers-Musings-Blocked-and-Blocked-Again/45/59602

* The Flyers Black Aces are as follows: defensemen Brandon Manning, Mark Alt and Oliver Lauridsen, forwards Tye McGinn, Ben Holmstrom, Nick Cousins, Petr Straka, Brandon Alderson and Chris VandeVelde, plus goaltender Yann Danis. Shayne Gostisbehere and Robert Hägg are slated to practice with the Black Aces but are ineligible for NHL playoff action this season with their entry-level contracts starting next season. Both Gostisbehere and Hägg were in the pressbox tonight. So was 2013 first-round pick Samuel Morin, who was signed to an entry-level contract during training camp before this season but is out of commission for awhile with what was reported as a strained Achilles tendon (said to be about a six-week injury). Scott Laughton is still in the OHL playoffs with the Oshawa Generals.

Hope this helps...........

Edited by OccamsRazor

He may play......he gets 9 games before burning a year....so make em count!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:  

It was limited to five in the shortened season - and he played all five of them.

Not sure how that rule applies, really. Checking places and teh Twitters.

Still don't believe that the NHL playoffs is the best place for guys to get their first real taste of NHL action. He's not playing against 17-18-19 yos up in the bigs.

EDIT: FWIW, JSaq has it as nine games per year - if true, Laughton has some eligibility.

Throw Laughton in there! (I know, they won't.)

But we need goals - what could it hurt?

I have kind of flip-flopped on this but the kid was in Jrs all year and played Center...   throwing this kid into the playoffs on the wing really does not excite me much.   the last thing we need is another player (another Center for that matter)  playing out of his position.   Jr to the NHL is a big jump and even moreso come playoff time.  

Let the kid practice... he is not the savior to our season.

Edited by murraycraven

Let the kid practice... he is not the savior to our season.

People are just looking to much into this kid being in the lineup guys take it easy...i haven't seen one poster here suggest Laughton is the savior he is just another solid forward...it's playoffs...you want to ice your 12 best forwards...or in the Flyer's case your 12 best centers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

He will be in the lineup game #5.

Why be cause he is one of the Flyers 12 best forwards....he is better than Hall and Zac to begin with and is faster than Vinny take your choice on who will be scratched...but i'm leaning on Hall or Zac.

However i'd love to see Zac in the lineup to just beat the shiit out of Carcillo!!!!!!!!!!!!

F57UBck.gif

Love this.... but replace the double birds with two piece to the grill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally, I'd rather he play Game 4, if they are going to dress him at all.  It's a home game; they have last change; can control the matchups a bit better.

If they lose tonight, I'm not sure his 1st playoff game should be in a potential elimination game in the Garden.  

It's a home game; they have last change; can control the matchups a bit better.

That is a very very good point, however the only reason he ain't playing is he hasn't practiced with the team excpet till this morning just had a long season and a grule tow round battle of playoffs in junior...so they may just be resting him right or wrong.

Personally, I'd rather he play Game 4, if they are going to dress him at all.  It's a home game; they have last change; can control the matchups a bit better.

If they lose tonight, I'm not sure his 1st playoff game should be in a potential elimination game in the Garden

It is a very good point you make. Have you been drinking?