Giroux Arrested - All inclusive Humor Thread

brelic

I thought he lacerated his hand playing golf.

His wrists were injured but not "broken" per se by getting slashed repeatedly.

I've been pulled over a bunch of times for doing nothing and i was locked up for a few hours once for nothing more than explaining to an officer that I hadn't done what he'd pulled me over for (really they wanted to get me on a DUI, but I hadn't been drinking so they had to let me go).

Long story short is that I really have some difficulty accepting most of this story.  Most of it, 95% of it probably, has to be conjecture and rumor mill ****. 

First, he breaks his wrist playing "golf"

And now this?

He should not be allowed to go to Ottawa in the summer. ;)

My Sentiments exactly.

And frankly Claude doesn't seem like a moron.  I feel like this is probably a lot of jibber jabber mixed in with a decent drunken disorderly on a holiday.

Honestly, I don't care if it's a smokin' hot lady cop, you don't go ass grabbing out of sexual desire when it comes to the fuzz... not even when you're super duper blasted.

Man I could care less about his gender preference, but just.....well, don't be stupid you moron!

pouliot-vs.-mason-594x360.jpg

Now I know what Giroux's real intentions were in this pic..... Wonder if he's a party boy down in 9th and Chestnut in the Gayborhood. My bets are he works out at the 9th street gym... NTTIAWWT

What a coincidence.  I was thinking just yesterday how much of a return we would get for Giroux?  I don't see this team being playoff competitive for quite a while unless some major shakeup happens on defense.  If that can't happen then it makes sense to trade Giroux for a fortune and rebuild with quality prospects timed with the arrival of our defensive prospects already in the system.

Wait wait wait......Giroux was trying to mount a mountie? ;)

I have the perfect nickname for him:  The French Tickler. Get used to it fellas. 

No more Crosby/Bettman/Regis jokes? ;)   Of course, Crosby never got caught with his hand in the...errr....cookie jar. ;)

Apparently there really is a God!

@B21

Then Crosby better be afraid when he plays against the French Tickler!

If Crosby is going to unexpectedly try to punch Giroux in the nuts, he probably should be damn sure there's not a cop's face in the way.

The article has more information now, including some priceless tweets:

Wheeling Problems @wheelingprobs
Follow
My reaction to Claude Giroux getting arrested for grabbing ass: 

BrjMmX0CYAAgcy0.jpg

Puck Watch @PuckWatch
Follow
Looks like Claude Giroux took the law into his own hands. #flyers

Tim Grill @TimGrill
Follow
In Canada, the official charge for Claude Giroux is listed as, Repeatedly Grabbing an Officer's 5 Hole.

Common Pavel Datsyuk @CommonDats
Follow
Claude Giroux was arrested for grabbing the butt of a police officer...I assume he thought it was me, common mistake.

The article: http://www.ottawasun.com/2014/07/02/philadelphia-flyers-star-claude-giroux-arrested-in-ottawa

Philadelphia Flyers star Claude Giroux has been released from jail after being arrested for allegedly grabbing the buttocks of a police officer.

Sources say Giroux was arrested for repeatedly grabbing the male police officer's butt during an incident at a downtown Ottawa bar. Alcohol is believed to have been involved.

A witness and sources say the incident occurred at The Great Canadian Cabin in the Byward Market club district.

They say officers on routine patrols were inside the bar when one officer had his butt grabbed by a patron. The officer told the patron not to behave like that, but was grabbed again.

At that point, the patron was taken outside and arrested. The officer involved did not initially recognize Giroux.

Ottawa Police have refused any comment on the incident. Police said they cannot comment unless charges are laid, but several sources did confirm to the Sun Giroux spent the night in jail.

He was released Wednesday morning without any charges being laid.

The 26-year-old Giroux was reportedly seen inside a police cruiser in Ottawa sometime around 9 p.m. on July 1. A Twitter post by shaheed09 reads "Claude Giroux in the back of a cop car downtown ottawa". it was posted to Twitter Tuesday at 9:19 p.m.

"We are aware of reports surrounding Claude Giroux." Flyers GM Ron Hextall said in a statement to Philadelphia media. "Until we have more information, we will withhold making any further comment."​

Giroux is a native of Hearst in Northern Ontario, but has lived in the Ottawa area for the past several years. He played his junior hockey in the area.

Tuesday was not his first time at the Cabin. The bar tweeted out an image of a man it says is Giroux, tending bar, back in the spring of 2012.

Giroux starred with the Gatineau Olympiques of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League before joining the Philadelphia Flyers organization in 2006. He was signed by the Flyers in 2007 and most recently, got an eight-year contract from the team in 2013.

During the 2013-14 season, Giroux scored 28 goals, 58 assists for 86 points. He was third in the NHL points race.

He is a two-time NHL all-star.

With files from Don Brennan, Don Wilcox

@B21

Then Crosby better be afraid when he plays against the French Tickler!

Well he certainly will no longer turn his back to draw the call along the boards if the French Tickler is about to...um..."check" him. ;)