Manning recalled

Lunatic

Even though they have been winning, it has been in spite of the play of Schenn......We can only hope he is familiar with the popcorn machines.....

Rod... I would rather he not even be with the Team.   He is absolutely brutal...  brutal.   At a minimum I hope he serves the pop hot and fresh to Hextall.

Rod... I would rather he not even be with the Team.   He is absolutely brutal...  brutal.   At a minimum I hope he serves the pop hot and fresh to Hextall.

Schenn has been making it extremely hard to give him any leeway with the blatant mistakes he seems to be unable to stop himself from making....You can't watch him play for more than about 15 seconds before you are wondering what the hell was he thinking?!?!?!

Greetings:

I just posted on another thread that the MDZ, Grossmann play raises some questions about what happens with Coburn-Mac return.  Trade talk may be a reality.  Putting aside the short-handed goal last night, MDZ looks like a keeper--the guy has mobility and putting up 25 minutes is pretty amazing.  Grossmann is reborn.  Who knows--maybe someone is trade bait?

Howie

Greetings:

I just posted on another thread that the MDZ, Grossmann play raises some questions about what happens with Coburn-Mac return.  Trade talk may be a reality.  Putting aside the short-handed goal last night, MDZ looks like a keeper--the guy has mobility and putting up 25 minutes is pretty amazing.  Grossmann is reborn.  Who knows--maybe someone is trade bait?

Howie

Greetings Howie!

Here is my list to go:

1.  McDud - just for his ridiculous contract

2.  Schenn - he is flat-out useless and have no idea why he is still in the lineup

3.  Grossman - is he really going to keep this pace of play up for the entire year?

4. Coburn - Still rather keep him in the lineup and is a useful player

Trading McDud gives you the biggest flexibility from a cap persepctive.  If someone is dumb enough to trade for him I would take a bag os used pucks and say thanks.   Next West Coast trip leave Fluke Schenn behind and let him hitch-hike home.

MC:

It's good to hear from you. I just went to CapGeek; didn't realize that Grossmann is here through next year. I thought it ended this year. So losing 3.5 million wouldn't hurt. Agreed that we may be stuck with Mac.  The Luke doesn't make anybody happy.  I concur with others that MDZ is worth a look and see with possible signing based on performance through the year.  Ghost, Manning, and the Phantoms stock...who knows?

Peace,

Howie

What I don't understand about Luke is the double clutch flick shot from the point.  I have never, ever, seen a defenseman double clutch every single time the puck comes back to him on the point.  Sure this move is used to get the shot blocker to go down or to open up a shoot lane but I just think he goes into a panic and the puck is a hot potato. 

What I don't understand about Luke is the double clutch flick shot from the point. 

i think that's the thing.  i was watching him last night, and while he IS slow, he is positionally pretty strong (when not running around looking for a big hit).  his with-the-puck decisionmaking, though, is just godawful.  nervous, hesitating, and just bizarre.  some (most) of the plays i watched, i was left with, "why, of all the things you could have done, did you do that amazingly stupid thing?"  doubleclutching at the point, turning back into pressure with the puck, throwing it up the middle, passing to double-covered guys, just everywhere a mess.

he is positionally pretty strong (when not running around looking for a big hit).

are you sure you are watching the same Luke Schenn?  Positionally he is a disaster... it would be fine if he could skate to recover but he cant even do that.  

Even though they have been winning, it has been in spite of the play of Schenn......We can only hope he is familiar with the popcorn machines.....

My god I can't recall seeing such a turnover machine before. I'm sure we've had one, but Schenn's blunders are eclipsing them all right now. 

are you sure you are watching the same Luke Schenn?  Positionally he is a disaster... it would be fine if he could skate to recover but he cant even do that.  

yeah, i was actually impressed with that one part of his game last night.  he was where he needed to be as the kings crossed the blueline with numbers, where he needed to be as the play worked its way around the flyers' dzone.  he adjusted well as coverage assignments changed, was in effective position most of the time.  the problems started when the puck ended up on his stick, because it almost inevitably went immediately back to a king's stick.

the problems started when the puck ended up on [L.Schenn's] stick, because it almost inevitably went immediately back to a king's stick.

Maybe the Kings' management noticed that, and would be a willing trade partner for him.

yeah, i was actually impressed with that one part of his game last night.  he was where he needed to be as the kings crossed the blueline with numbers, where he needed to be as the play worked its way around the flyers' dzone.  he adjusted well as coverage assignments changed, was in effective position most of the time.  the problems started when the puck ended up on his stick, because it almost inevitably went immediately back to a king's stick.

okay then....   respectfully disagree about his positioning (not just last night but pretty much all season).  Considering he is a minus 8 in 9 games I would say his positioning is spot on ;)

I'm betting Luke's primary problem is indeed confidence. He over thinks trying to do the right thing, but gets caught at NHL speed. If he could get comfortable again like he was with McD, he could be a valuable contributor.

Some consistency in defensive pairing would help immensely too...

My god I can't recall seeing such a turnover machine before. I'm sure we've had one, but Schenn's blunders are eclipsing them all right now. 

you wonder why toronto wasnt happy with luke and glad to see him gone and we are actually joining them.

Archived