Who is the most boring team in the NHL?

yave1964

Maybe Minnesota?  :unsure[1]:

Minnesota was a boring team who went out and got two solid boring players from boring teams and overpaid for them thus guaranteeing that the Wild will be in cap Hell and have to play boring hockey for a decade. An really, the fact that i am still made at Suter choosing he Wild over my Red Wings has nothing to do with my comment.

Okay, maybe a little.

It's settled then. Minnesota?

Okay, Pods convinced me it is not the Jets, still not a fan but going to try to watch them in a different light. The Wild were on my short list, so yeah, apologies to HF and to TFG but the Wild it is. Tho I do gotta say the Devils are currently playing the Senators and there is some really boring stuff going on there.

@Podein25@ruxpin

I don't wanna bite the hand that feeds me, as it were, this is a Flyer dominated forum, but in truth the Flyers defense may be the most boring unwatchable bunch in the game. The forwards are talented and for the most part fun to watch, even Rinaldo who I cannot stand that type of player, at least makes it fun when he is on the ice.

The defense tho, Ugh. Double ugh.

Grossman is a solid wall. MacDonald has not adjusted well. Coburn had a good offensive season once, a long time ago after being traded by the Thrashers to the Flyers and is still living off of it. Streit has a bit of offensive acumen . Del Zotto has shown why he is with his third team in a year, he has the hockey IQ of an egg plant. Colaiacovo did not even get a camp invite by anyone, signed off the street. Luke Schenn, unbelievably clueless. And you guys are throwing Nick Schultz out there almost every night. On purpose. Really?

So Streit and a bunch of boring slow unintelligent paycheck thieves. The most boring blue line in the game.

There, my first ever Flyer crack since I have been posting in here.

1415481425_1mymy1s_3y6r3.gif

New Jersey devils IMO is easily the most boring team in the nhl out of the teams I watch. The team has three third lines and the team consists of old washed up players...

Ill assume you watch them because you are a Jagr fan?

I can't think of another reason to since Stevens retired lol(Sorry MadDevil)

Okay, Pods convinced me it is not the Jets, still not a fan but going to try to watch them in a different light. The Wild were on my short list, so yeah, apologies to HF and to TFG but the Wild it is. Tho I do gotta say the Devils are currently playing the Senators and there is some really boring stuff going on there.

Yeah, the Devils have to be in any "boring" conversation. And the Senators are right there as well. Even when others were bullish on them, they just don't do it for me.

@JagerMeister  The Devils are always boring, but this year, they are taking it to new heights!

Agreed. Old players getting older. i dont even know why i keep watching anymore. Todays game was beyond awful as well. we outshot Ottawa by a significant amount and still couldnt get a goal. Devils offensive forwards right now lack creativity and talent.

I'm a Devils fan, and even I admit this team is boring as hell. Dump and chase, cycle, cycle, useless point shot that gets blocked. Rinse, repeat. I miss Kovalchuk. At least you knew there was a chance this team could score a goal when he's out there. Now it's just painful watching them try to score.

I'm a Devils fan, and even I admit this team is boring as hell. Dump and chase, cycle, cycle, useless point shot that gets blocked. Rinse, repeat. I miss Kovalchuk. At least you knew there was a chance this team could score a goal when he's out there. Now it's just painful watching them try to score.

Well we have Camalleri but half the time he isnt even in the lineup. We also signed Ryder for goal scoring yet he has 4 goals in 33 games

Ryder is just as useless as Brunner. Now he's whining to the media about how he should play more. Try doing what you're being paid to do first you lazy bum.

He is useless most games, but he is still 5th in points in our team...although that isnt saying much at all.

He is useless most games, but he is still 5th in points in our team...although that isnt saying much at all.

True, but Ryder was signed for one purpose, scoring goals. He has like 6 goals in his last 70 games. Ruutu has 5 goals this year, playing mostly fourth line minutes. At some point you just have to admit it's not working and cut your losses. It's not like the Devils are going anywhere this year anyway.

True, but Ryder was signed for one purpose, scoring goals. He has like 6 goals in his last 70 games. Ruutu has 5 goals this year, playing mostly fourth line minutes. At some point you just have to admit it's not working and cut your losses. It's not like the Devils are going anywhere this year anyway.

your right, and its quite frustrating because we have a better roster than last year yet we are doing worse this year.

Bump

Further to the OP's claim that the Jets are the most boring. Disagreed then, disagree even more now. Anybody watch their game vs CHI last night? 

For those who didn't: the Jets walked into Chicago, started their rookie backup goalie Hutchinson against the hottest team in the NHL and spanked them. Most importantly the Jets out hit the Hawks by 2 to 1 margin, out hustled them, out chanced them and won all the puck battles. The pace they generate is quite simply something to behold. Some of the best forecheck I've seen in awhile.

@Podein25

Burmistrov would be thriving right now on that team, Any word of him returning?

Sadly,my KHL informants have gone quiet. For the life of me I cannot understand why Chevy hasn't pulled the trigger on that. Perhaps with the slide of the ruble he is working on it.

Adding Burns would put them over the top. But maybe they don't want to fiddle with the obvious good chemistry they have going right now.

Archived