Flyers vs Leafs Dec 20th, 2014

jammer2

Just a few notes for tonights game, Bernier in the nets for the Leafs, Emery gets the nod for the Flyers. This is a good thing for the Flyers. In 4 career starts against the Flyers, Bernier has a 3.92 GGA.

JVR has been demoted from the top line, Lupul takes his place on the top line with Kessel and Bozek. The 2nd line (which may just be the defacto top line at this point) is Santorelli with JVR and Kadri.

Somehow missing the quote bar in the corner....

@briere48 "im going to laugh when people say we are cup contenders because we beat the stinkin maple leafs. it wasnt even a clean win, we let in 4 goals, defense is terrible i dont care what anyone says."

I don't think you will find any rational Flyers fan spewing forth a "we are great" cause we caught the Leafs flat footed. The thing you gotta remember is there is usually 4 or 5 Flyers that are from Ontario. It's a big deal, their families all flock to see them play in TO twice a year, and the Ontario natives are obviously pumped up. This explains the 3.92 GGA of Bernier against us...I'm sure it has ballooned to +5.00 after tonights dreadful effort.

Couple of my buddies went up to TO to watch this debacle. They have not yet called.....lol.

How about the maturation of Scott Laughton right before our eyes?? Every single game he seems to be evolving, getting more comfortable. That line of Laughton, Simmonds and B.Schenn was VERY effective cycling the puck tonight. Starting to see this emerging in your face Laughton, playing with a LOT of snarl and push back. You can just *tell* that he is gonna be some kinda S.O.B to play against for the next 13-15 years. Kid is a star, pure and simple....a star. Love the dexterity in his stride, not anything close to stiff and upright, he skates wonderfully. Combine that snarl with Scott's talent, it's a win/win. He is going to be a VERY important cornerstone moving forward. Eventually...1)Giroux 2)Laughton 3)Cooter 4)Belly....those 4 are very soon going to form *the* most dangerous center grouping in the ENTIRE league.

How about Brayden getting off 4 or 5 BEAUTY one timers, some within inches of being a perfect shot. You can tell Brayden is working on the one timer a LOT in practice, and the results are starting to show on the ice. Brayden is going to become a star with that one timer, he is fine tuning that thing into quite the weapon.

Voracek 4 points. Giroux 4 points. Laughton scored a beaut. There's your 3 guys who might be around when you contend for a cup. The rest is fluff. Wakey wakey people. Blow it up. I was at a staff party tonight watching this crap. In Toronto. Nobody was happy with the outcome. Blow it up Hexy.

Greetings:

I am happy the team didn't fold after falling down 2-0. I think that's a real plus.  Spit is on point with Laughton...he is a joy to watch.

The D and Emery really worried me tonight, particularly Emery.  Two of the four goals were stoppable. Putting that aside--he just doesn't look comfortable and his puck handling hurts the team.  I am sure he is a competitor and a good guy in the locker room.  And his win total equals Mason's.  But his save percentage is below .9.  I was surprised they resigned him this year; this is probably it.

Now we see if there is fatigue or follow-through tomorrow.

Howie

How about the maturation of Scott Laughton right before our eyes?? Every single game he seems to be evolving, getting more comfortable. That line of Laughton, Simmonds and B.Schenn was VERY effective cycling the puck tonight. Starting to see this emerging in your face Laughton, playing with a LOT of snarl and push back. You can just *tell* that he is gonna be some kinda S.O.B to play against for the next 13-15 years. Kid is a star, pure and simple....a star. Love the dexterity in his stride, not anything close to stiff and upright, he skates wonderfully. Combine that snarl with Scott's talent, it's a win/win. He is going to be a VERY important cornerstone moving forward. Eventually...1)Giroux 2)Laughton 3)Cooter 4)Belly....those 4 are very soon going to form *the* most dangerous center grouping in the ENTIRE league.

How about Brayden getting off 4 or 5 BEAUTY one timers, some within inches of being a perfect shot. You can tell Brayden is working on the one timer a LOT in practice, and the results are starting to show on the ice. Brayden is going to become a star with that one timer, he is fine tuning that thing into quite the weapon.

Gents as bad as this season is, the future is bright and as long as Hexy doesnt go Homer / Clarkie on us and trade the youth away we are finally going to be a force for a period of time (wait till the young D guys start coming up)  I am excited about the future of this team even though the present kind of sucks.

im going to laugh when people say we are cup contenders because we beat the stinkin maple leafs. it wasnt even a clean win, we let in 4 goals, defense is terrible i dont care what anyone says.

Where do you come up with this stuff? 

Laughton is just so good in all facets of the game. All its going to take is for him to feel totally comfortable out there, which is definately happening. That was a hell of a snipe there too. 

Schenn is looking a lot like the guy you'd want in a deal for Richards. Laughton is looking like Richards with wheels.

Archived