Kane, Bogosian to BUF for Myers, Stafford plus

radoran

And Armia is a decent prospect, and throw in Lemieux, Buffalo gave up a lot. I think that Buffalo is putting a lot on Kane's shoulder, but with either Reinhart or McDavid setting him up on the first line they will be a much improved team. The tank is on in Buffalo, they have won 2 of their past 4 games, they probably are in fear of 'catching' Edmonton or Carolina, so getting Stafford and Myers off the team helps them in the McDavid sweepstakes as well.

Like I posted elsewhere, I absolutely see the Jets as a playoff team now.

Throw in Lemieux? He's one goal off of the top scorer in the entire OHL, and has played fewer games.

No such rule. What there is is protection for teams from trading for a player with an undisclosed injury - they are allowed a phyisical and can reverse the trade if they find anything that they weren't aware of.

I think Wpg wins this trade because of the 1st round pick (albeit late 1st) and the two very good prospects they get, one of which (Armia) looks to be NHL ready. His AHL numbers this year are more than respectable (10,15,25 and +5). He's also big and also RH/RW. I think he could see action this year even.

My issue with Armia: it seems like he's always hurt. Still, I think he's a good add.

Myers could and should prosper under Maurice's system.

I think that Myers could do very well in Winnipeg.

a] He'll be playing further down the depth chart.

b] Charlie Huddy, who is one hell of a fine defense coach.

I think Chevy did a great job under unfavourable circumstances. Chevy dealt Kane, a *one* time 30 goal scorer who has not seen 20 since btw...and Bogo, who looked like he was coming along but still questionable as to whether he would have developed into the player he was thought to be. Two talented guys with huge question marks who he got great assets for....job well done Chevy!

Whoever said Myers would flourish in the Jets system could have been on to something. Let me start by saying I didn't want Myers on the Flyers, his foot speed, even for a big guy is just ok. We didn't need another big slow d-man. But....the Jets, that is a different story. They have defensive depth, they have Buff, Enstrom and Trouba to take care of the offense. There will be no pressure for Myers to produce points, he can now concentrate on defense, cutting off passing lanes with his huge wingspan, clearing the front of the net....he was in a funk in Buffalo, and I think the losing was getting to him, this change of scenery was badly needed.

I have also heard that Stafford is a great teammate, so taking out Bogo and Kane and adding in Drew and Tyler into the Jets locker-room....big win for Chevy. He not only got rid of the cancer, he got some great character in return.

Not sold on Armia, but the potential is there. I think Lemieux is a for sure NHL player, and can be anywhere from a 1st to 3rd liner over time. The 1st rounder looms large, combined with the Jets own first rounder, it gives the Jets leverage to move around in a wickedly deep draft, or a chance to secrure a deadline player who can help in the playoff push...either way...very, very nice work by Chevy.

@Polaris922  Which direction Kane's career goes from here is a TOTAL crapshoot. At best they got a nice 1st line winger, at worst they took on HUGE attitude problems who will have to be dealt for next to nothing because the word is out on him....definitively. In fact, there is an outside chance Lemieux has a better NHL career than Kane....so there is that...ha ha. Did the Sabres even take into account Kane's problems with his teammates?  Sure the guy has talent, but damn...does the asking price not take a hit....you are taking on a potential ticking time bomb in the dressing room.

Buffalo continues to be managed by morons.

That's my take too.  Stafford is a capable NHL forward.  Myers is a pretty good prospect, (although I have to admit that my son who's seen lots of Buffalo games and is a better judge than me, has a poor opinion of him).  In most cases, assholes don't change their stripes.  Kane will continue to cause  trouble.  Same goes for Bogo.  

Sabres have some good young guys.  Why import problems for the room.

What an ignorant statement.  Nice game vs Columbus last night by your Pens.  When we get that first pick you will not be talking like this.  And to all the Flyer fans, you should be trembling.   With the picks we have, and we came in there and beat you with a team that many of will be gone next year.  But they do have more good players than they get credit for.  Goaltending will be the biggest issue in my book.  I am not worried a bit of Murray's ability to build a winner fast here.  He has already put some pieces in place, like Kane and the kid from LA

I am trembling....I was just outside and its -24 C.

Sorry, i don't get bringing a headcase onto a team as young as the Sabres are going to be. Hopefully this is the kick in the arse that he needs. 

What an ignorant statement. Nice game vs Columbus last night by your Pens. When we get that first pick you will not be talking like this. And to all the Flyer fans, you should be trembling. With the picks we have, and we came in there and beat you with a team that many of will be gone next year. But they do have more good players than they get credit for. Goaltending will be the biggest issue in my book. I am not worried a bit of Murray's ability to build a winner fast here. He has already put some pieces in place, like Kane and the kid from LA

The Pens struggling through a slump is okay with me. Last time they went through this was 2009 and that ended just fine.

Yes the Sabres are managed by morons. You got fleeced on the Bogosian and Kane trade. And you brought in two head cases that will poison your locker room when they don't get their way. You have up an awful lot for those two in my eyes. I think the hockey world in general agrees you got the worse end of that trade.

Saying my statement is out of ignorance is responding out of blindness.

Archived