Not from Florida --> No Playoff Tickets for you.

hf101

The Lighting are restricting their playoff ticket sales to Florida residents only. That’s right. If you don’t have a credit card billing address in Florida, your purchases will immediately be canceled and refunded.

The team likely believes that this policy will stop out-of-state scalpers from doing their ‘business’ around Amalie Arena.  However it also stops the out of state fans from being able to purchase advance tickets also.

Better yet:

"Chase Club and Lexus Lounge ticket holders - please note that for all 2015 NHL Playoff Games at Amalie Arena, only Tampa Bay Lightning team logos will be permitted in these areas. Fans wearing visiting team logos will be asked to remove them while in the Chase Club and Lexus Lounge areas."

"This" could get very interesting.  :o

They did this in a previous season facing the Pens. They always complain about the number of Pens fans at games. A LOT of Pittsburghers retire to Florida. I'm not 100% sure but I think the Panthers did it once too.

• 2 weeks later...

Next, let's check for U.S. citizenship, right? Don't want any of those Canadian snowbirds taking all of our tickets and wanting to sing O Canada before the game!

And how about black people? Bolts colors are blue and WHITE!

What about curling fans? Just because!

Yep, this is a GREAT idea!

Can we weed out fair-weather hockey fans while we are at it and only give tickets to REAL Bolts fans? All 2000 of them?

This is something Bettman should actually look into. I don't think this represents the league well.

If this becomes the new trend, I am damn sure glad I know a bunch of HF fans from Philly who can help me score some Stanley Cup tickets when the Flyers finally reach the Holy Grail! :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How great would it be to have thousands of fans hide their shirts and or jersey's underneath what they are wearing....only to rip off the clothes on top once the whistle blows??  What are they gonna do, tell thousands of fans to vacate their seats....I doubt it, the manpower alone to carry out such an edict would be overwhelming and unrealistic!! 

Archived