• Predators in 4 (Sweep)
    • Predators in 5
    • Predators in 6
    • Predators in 7
    • Blackhawks in 4 (Sweep)
    • Blackhawks in 5
    • Blackhawks in 6
    • Blackhawks in 7

WOW what a tough one. I went Hawks in 7 because of postseason experience.

My reasoning somewhat as well.

Neither of these teams were particularly impressive down the stretch, but those things being equal (and despite the fact that I still think the Preds are a pretty 'complete' type team) I go with the proven commodities that are the Chicago Blackhawks.

Say what anyone wants about the Hawks, they are a good team who can play any style you want, and even without Patrick Kane are one dangerous team.

Unless the Preds sleepwalk through this, anything less than 6 games either way would be disappointing....though I think the 6 game series goes Chicago's way.

Gonna go Predators in 7.  Agree with @jammer2 regarding Rinne and playoffs.  However, all season long the Predators have played very well and surprised many.  Granted they have hit a small slide here in the last few weeks.  Wonder what the status of Kane is at the start of the series.  I think the Hawks coulg very easliy miss not haveing him on the ice.  Forsberg has played lights out.  No reason to stop now.

hawks win .,. Kane comes back in the second round to help push them to their third cup in 5 years.

screw bill poile , and peter laviolette.  i like the pred but i think the hawks are better

You could write "A Tale of Two Seasons" about Rinne. Early on, he was great enough to be neck and neck statistically with Price. There was a point that I would have taken Rinne as my Vezina winner. But when he faded, the team faded. He's going to have to return to early season form for the Preds to have a chance. I predict he won't. The series will be closer than it might otherwise be because Chicago's not at the top of their game right now either, but that won't be enough to swing it to Nashville.

Hawks in 5. Pekka Rinne....great regular season goalie, the playoffs...a different beast entirely.

Completely agree. I don't think Nashville has enough scoring depth.

Chicago simply knows how to win, period, end of discussion. When it matters the Hawks have another gear. Down 3-0 they managed to climb back in and win in double overtime. Unreal.

Chicago simply knows how to win, period, end of discussion. When it matters the Hawks have another gear. Down 3-0 they managed to climb back in and win in double overtime. Unreal.

and that is why they have 2 Cups in the last 5 years.....

Deflating.

The one word right now that I believe  has to describe not only the Preds, but their fanbase as well.

Chicago Blackhawks or no, if you are Nashville and built up a pretty commanding 3-0, have a pretty good overall team on the ice and a goalie like Rinne in net, you simply expect to win the game. Bottom line.

Obviously, the Hawks are a winning club, a winning organization and have several clutch performers on the team, but Nashville, whether physically or mentally, let off the gas....maybe that expectation to win got the better of them given their lead.....and let the Hawks right back in that game.

Preds needed to put boots to throats after putting up 3 and they simply didn't.

As a few posters mentioned already, Rinne needs to be Vezina caliber Rinne no matter what.

That wasn't the case last night......but still, the Predators, as a team, simply didn't play with the same tenacity and killer instinct that they built their lead up with for the entirety of the game.

All the Preds can do now is start Game 2 with the same mindset they started Game 1 with....only this time continue to play each and every period, each and every shift, like the game is 0-0 and they are pushing for the lead goal....regardless of score.

Good luck with that, Nashville...as you have now given a championship caliber team like Chicago some major momentum.

The loss of Shea Weber was huge in game 3 for Nashville and their young defense was totally

exposed by Chicago's forwards (Toews, Hossa and Kane especially). Unfortunately for the Predators, Weber

will be out of game 4 and I can only see the Blackhawks doing much of the same as in game 3.  Nashville's goaltending hasn't

been stellar and Pekka Rinne can't be 100% fit as he's looked anything but a Vezina Trophy Finalist since coming back from injury.  Some writers also sense that this series could be headed further in Chicago's favor too. I predict a convincing Chicago win and pushing the Predators to the brink of elimination.

Archived