Subban delivers two hander to Stone (poll)

yave1964

Did the punishment fit the crime  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should Subban deserve the ejection? Should their be more?

• No, should have been two minutes for slashing
    • The ejection fit the crime
    • He deserves a suspension

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Subban slashed Stone.  It was a two hander that deserved a major.   Giving him a game misconduct for that is kinda iffy.  

But, any punishment beyond that is not right.  

And, if was the official, I'd given Stone 2 for diving.

Fun game, gotta love the hate.

Dumb move by Subban, and he admitted it. I would hate to see Stone out if that's what ends up happening, though...he's been Ottawa's best forward this year. Even if he plays hurt that's a big blow to the Sens.

Call on the ice was easily the right one in my mind.

As for a suspension,  I don't know. Obviously the league doesn't think it deserves it, but on the other hand you can't really argue this is a "hockey play gone bad" situation. 

I'll go with #2 - ejection fitting the crime. It's in the rulebook, so it's hard to argue against that.

I think if I was Quintal, though, I'd really consider handing down a suspension.

I thought Stone helped embellesh the whole thing, but a 2 handed baseball swing??? You gotta eject him for that, or risk losing control of the series.

Let me give you a two handed chop on your wrists ABOVE the gloves......I am pretty certain that you would "embellish" too. He hit him hard enough to fracture his wrist unless the doctors are lying. All the Sens players will have to do is say "BOO!" and Subban will be flopping on the ice like he was Matthew Barnaby. As a player he has ZERO class to go with his skills. Just how loud are the fans going to cry when someone takes out Carey Price? Subban has set the bar, now his team is going to have to answer for it. Things to remember, Puck was nowhere near the play and Subban was mad because he was not paying attention to the best player the Sens have. His answer was a freaking two handed chop ABOVE the gloves. Are we supposed to believe that a guy who can deflect a puck out of the air traveling at close to 100 miles an hour has trouble hitting a hockey stick on a player skating 10 MPH? Subban is a punk, pure and simple. The difference between him and Aaron Hernandez is Subban's choice of weapon was a hockey stick and not a gun.......

Let me give you a two handed chop on your wrists ABOVE the gloves......I am pretty certain that you would "embellish" too. He hit him hard enough to fracture his wrist unless the doctors are lying. All the Sens players will have to do is say "BOO!" and Subban will be flopping on the ice like he was Matthew Barnaby. As a player he has ZERO class to go with his skills. Just how loud are the fans going to cry when someone takes out Carey Price? Subban has set the bar, now his team is going to have to answer for it. Things to remember, Puck was nowhere near the play and Subban was mad because he was not paying attention to the best player the Sens have. His answer was a freaking two handed chop ABOVE the gloves. Are we supposed to believe that a guy who can deflect a puck out of the air traveling at close to 100 miles an hour has trouble hitting a hockey stick on a player skating 10 MPH? Subban is a punk, pure and simple. The difference between him and Aaron Hernandez is Subban's choice of weapon was a hockey stick and not a gun.......

A little over the top?

Subban dives. He acts stupid sometimes. He's also extremely talented. In interviews he seems like a nice guyand is very articulate.. I'd go for a beer with him.

Hernandez killed one person on purpose and shot another...and likely more. How'd you like to have him over to your place? The guy is a psychopath. 

Sorry but anyone saying Stone embellished needs to have their head examined.  If a guy was hit hard enough to cause a fracture to a bone, he didn't embellish.  This wasn't a hockey play gone bad.  

A little over the top?

Subban dives. He acts stupid sometimes. He's also extremely talented. In interviews he seems like a nice guyand is very articulate.. I'd go for a beer with him.

Hernandez killed one person on purpose and shot another...and likely more. How'd you like to have him over to your place? The guy is a psychopath. 

Truthfully, I would not want either one at my place. I agree that he is extremely talented.I could not argue that if I tried. The over the top remark was in relation to his punk/untouchable attitude he has.

Tell me this guy does not scream Subban............

https://us.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?hspart=iry&hsimp=yhs-fullyhosted_003&type=blfnt_f2&p=arthur%20tweedle%20pur%20commercial

I thought Stone helped embellesh the whole thing, but a 2 handed baseball swing??? You gotta eject him for that, or risk losing control of the series.

I thought so too until I heard he had a microfracture of the wrist and ligament damage. Screw Subban, he is a tool. He should be out as long as Stone is.

The wife is even more excited than I am about tonights game between Ottawa and Montreal. We are hoping the feeling of general nastiness continues. I do not care if it makes us out to be knuckle dragging uneducated fans, the truth is I love the nasty stuff. I hope these two teams absolutely destroy each other in this series and every player from the winning team is a walking talking bruise from head to toe going into the next round, especially if the Wings somehow get past Tampa.

@flyerrod

Lol. He's definately a love him or hate him personality. I'm not a fan of his antics but thats all they are. Hernandez is a menace to society. Subbans slash was bad and got what it deserved. If you got life for a two hander the league would suffer and so would this board.

I thought so too until I heard he had a microfracture of the wrist and ligament damage. Screw Subban, he is a tool. He should be out as long as Stone is.

I don't know what the big deal is???

ceMY2C7.png

What is wrong with this??? H e was out of wood.......... :ph34r:

Those composite sticks HURT. That was an overhand two hander.

Might look like a light tap to people watching. But whack your arm bone on something. Now imagine the force of someone swinging a stick designed to hit things harder and faster than a heavy wooden stick with less force applied. Everyone can shoot as Hard as Al Mac with these sticks nowdays

Funny...this was never brought up in the Matt Cooke/James Neal days. ;)

Sure it was... When they deserved it. But in fairness, Crosby, Malkin and Letang get all but penetrated every game anyway so it's a moot point. :)

Sure it was... When they deserved it. But in fairness, Crosby, Malkin and Letang get  penetrated every game  night anyway so it's a moot point. :)

If you're going to serve them up like that, i can't resist.

updown.gif

Dude, REALLY?

Really what? That I had no problem with players getting just desserts, Penguins or otherwise, for dirty hits? That I think Crosby et al get hammered most games regardless of what other players do? What's the issue?

Really what? That I had no problem with players getting just desserts, Penguins or otherwise, for dirty hits? That I think Crosby et al get hammered most games regardless of what other players do? What's the issue?

It was more for the setup for the flyers fans with Crosby and Malkin getting penetrated every game.  Oh the jokes that could come out of that.

I agree that our guys get hammered at a higher rate than most, and the officials turn a blind eye, or at least seem to.  I still go back to how Sid got hammered by Staal and Dubinscum last playoffs. 

Not an option in the poll, but I would have given Subban a double-minor for that. 

That's a pretty fair assessment of the degree of the offense, and the damage done.  

Slashes happen all the time.  And, the game is played at such intensity and speed, that these things are bound to happen.  

IMHO, Senators have made way too much fuss over this.  Their preoccupation with Subban takes focus away from the series. 

Archived