NHL All Overrated team

yave1964

My first and second team all overrated team.mY4bWGimmoClvk3__0V41ZA.jpg

FIRST TEAM:

Wing: Kessel. Easiest vote in the entire list

Wing: Lucic. Eroded skills, big mouth.

Center:  Kesler. C'mon, he is a 40 point a year guy, WAY overrated

Defense: M. Staal. Second easiest vote on the list

Defense: Erik Johnson. Shows flashes twice a month. The rest the time he coasts.

Goalie: Ryan Miller. 'Nuff said.

SECOND TEAM:

Wing: James Neal. No Crosby, no goals

Wing: Rick Nash. Mr. October in baseball is a good thing, not in Hockey.

Center: Eric Staal. Skill eroding getting by on reputation.

Defense: Chara. An eight foot tall pylon on the back nine heading for the clubhouse, people still think he can play.

Defense: Mike Green, Someone is going to WAAAYYYYY overpay.

Goalie: Luongo. Bobby Lu was outplayed by Dan Ellis and Al Montoya much of the year. Really.

That is it, my list, anyone else?

Don't be surprised if you wake up with a halibut head in your bed courtesy of the president of the Ryan Miller Fan Club.

My first and second team all overrated team.mY4bWGimmoClvk3__0V41ZA.jpg

FIRST TEAM:

Wing: Kessel. Easiest vote in the entire list

Wing: Lucic. Eroded skills, big mouth.

Center:  Kesler. C'mon, he is a 40 point a year guy, WAY overrated

Defense: Erik Johnson. Shows flashes twice a month. The rest the time he coasts.

SECOND TEAM:

Wing: James Neal. No Crosby, no goals

Center: Eric Staal. Skill eroding getting by on reputation.

Defense: Chara. An eight foot tall pylon on the back nine heading for the clubhouse, people still think he can play.

Defense: Mike Green, Someone is going to WAAAYYYYY overpay.

Goalie: Luongo. Bobby Lu was outplayed by Dan Ellis and Al Montoya much of the year. Really.

That is it, my

I dunno. Kesler is playing GREAT this year. Getting out of Vancouver really helped. No, he is not the best 2nd line center in the league. But he is damn good for 5 million a year.

Would I swap him for Couture? No, but I would love to have him.

Staal is a decent Dman. He played the playoffs on a broken ankle.

I agree with most of the guys you picked.

@yave1964- how did you get access to that giant Miller mural? I thought it was a limited edition that was used exclusively as a template for a certain persons drapes, bed spread, blankets and beach towels. :)

@J0e Th0rnton

When it was clear that Kesler was leaving Vancouver last year I was hoping he would wind up a Wing, being a home town boy and all. But really, he is a damn good faceoff guy who scores 40-45 points a year and always hustles. That's it. Not that there is anything wrong with that, believe me, but people act like he is an All Star or something. He could play for me any day of the week and twice on Sunday, but he is not a superstar.

Staal, same thing. Pierre goes on and on about him, but he is a 20-25 point a year d-man, solid in his own zone with a nice clearing pass, but there are a dozen players as good who never get mentioned. If Staal was not in New York he would be just a solid player, kind of Vlasic Lite. Vlasic on your own team is a much better player but his ink is stolen by Staal.

@yave1964- how did you get access to that giant Miller mural? I thought it was a limited edition that was used exclusively as a template for a certain persons drapes, bed spread, blankets and beach towels. :)

And a certain poster, from what I have heard has it painted on the ceiling above his bed...... :lol:

And a certain poster, from what I have heard has it painted on the ceiling above his bed...... :lol:

Miller is lucky he hasn't been kidnapped and it's actually him manacled to the ceiling. 

Now that you mention it, Miller's wife did file a report that a mysterious man was stalking her in a Lumina with tinted windows whenever her and Ryan were out. Maybe she was not the target after all.....

Post of the year. I'm calling it now.

I am not a Kesler fan but he definitely does not belong on that list. Easily hated guy...unless he is on your team. I would welcome him to the Flyers long before several other stars I could think of, I.E. Ovechkin/Kessel/Nash...

I am not a Kesler fan but he definitely does not belong on that list. Easily hated guy...unless he is on your team. I would welcome him to the Flyers long before several other stars I could think of, I.E. Ovechkin/Kessel/Nash...

Again, I like Kesler, I just think he gets too many props, kind of like Dave Bolland did a few years ago. A solid second line center but seems to get rated higher than he deserves.

He never did turn out to the be the leader, or player that many envisioned....but, he has a quite poise about him that makes him a valuable commodity. He does all the little things right, but the kinda stuff that does end up on a stat sheet, like nice efficient break out pass and being an expert at when to pinch and when to lay off. He's no where close to Girardi or McDonough as far as valuable goes, but he is a steady, but not flashy defensive force.

In many ways, you can label the whole Stall family as being a tad overrated. Eric put up some solid years on a very bad team, but never reached the star status many labelled him with at an early age. Very good player, no where near great. His brother and teammate Jordan was never a top 6 player, although they try and insert him there, it's like putting a square peg in a round hole. He makes top 6 money, but the play is not top 6.

All the years in Columbus kinda robbed Rick of a number of playoff runs. Still though, he turns 31 in June and just this past week finally scored 2 goals in a playoff game??  He has only played 60 games in the post season to date, but 10 goals and 22 total points in those 60 games....that is just not getting the job done!! Less than 0.5 pts per playoff game, stinky.

I think it's funny that Phaneuf has become SO bad, that he can't even be considered over-rated anymore... b/c he used to be RIPE for a list like this.

Phaneuf has just been on a poorly constructed team and then essentially forced to carry them from the back end, he is brutally overworked too but not nearly as bad as people make him out to be. His best Leafs season was 2011-12 when he had 12 goals and 32 assists for 44 points, his career high is with the Flames in 07-08 when he put up 17 goals and 43 assists for 60 points. Since then he's put up between 29-31 points per year which isn't bad, just average. I think under Babcock Phaneuf will get 40+ points next year, that is of course if he's still a Leaf by next season. 

I can name third liners that have more impressive playoff stats than Rick Nash.

And people label Thornton as a playoff choker? thats hilariously moronic.

See, the playoffs truly reveal which players are only in it for the cash....

I think under Babcock Phaneuf will get 40+ points next year, that is of course if he's still a Leaf by next season.

I just cannot see Babber being satisfied with Phaneuf as his go to guy late in games. His defensive zone coverage and ability to read/anticipate are just not up to Babcock standards....I can't see this being a good marriage....divorce coming up!!

I just cannot see Babber being satisfied with Phaneuf as his go to guy late in games. His defensive zone coverage and ability to read/anticipate are just not up to Babcock standards....I can't see this being a good marriage....divorce coming up!!

I'd have to disagree, Babcock is already on record saying he likes Phaneuf's work ethic. I think Babs will really help younger guys like Gardiner and Rielly though and some pressure will be taken off Phaneuf in terms of minutes played. 

@92WickedHockey  What is Babcock supposed to say, my captain sucks, can't cover in his own zone....before he even coaches a game. These compliments, you can't take them seriously....if he even hesitated with that answer, the Sun would run "Phaneuf on the trading block"....AND what if he does want to deal Phaneuf, do you destroy his value by berating him in public...in TO, you HAVE to play the game and say all the right things, or the firestorm that would follow would be unprecedented....and Babber knows this!

@92WickedHockey  What is Babcock supposed to say, my captain sucks, can't cover in his own zone....before he even coaches a game. These compliments, you can't take them seriously....if he even hesitated with that answer, the Sun would run "Phaneuf on the trading block"....AND what if he does want to deal Phaneuf, do you destroy his value by berating him in public...in TO, you HAVE to play the game and say all the right things, or the firestorm that would follow would be unprecedented....and Babber knows this!

@jammer2, Detroit was one of the main horses in the race to acquire Phaneuf at the deadline this season, according to reputable insiders like Darren Dregger I'm sure Babs had a say in that, he used to have a lot of influence in Detroit and who was in front of him on that bench. 

Now that you mention it, Miller's wife did file a report that a mysterious man was stalking her in a Lumina with tinted windows whenever her and Ryan were out. Maybe she was not the target after all.....

Word has it she was indeed the target. It's all good now, but she was pursued, escaped when Miller left the 5 hole open.

Archived