• Chicago Blackhawks in 7
    • Tampa Bay Lightning in 4
    • Tampa Bay Lightning in 5
    • Tampa Bay Lightning in 6
    • Tampa Bay Lightning in 7

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like many before me have said the winner of the west is usually the favourite and the Blackhawks are the favourite in this series no doubt. The Lightning have proven to be a great team and anything could happen. If I have to choose I would pick the Blackhawks in either 6 or 7. I highly doubt this is going to be a short series. I love the captains in this series, 2 real stars in Stamkos and Toews, I'd love to see Stamkos win his first cup but I'd also like to see Toews continue adding to his already legendary trophy case. I say Blackhawks in 6.

I've got the Bolts in 7. This is maybe the only series where the Bolts could have had an edge in goal. Bishop has imploded as much as Crawford has in these playoffs, but it's been the bounce back...the following game where he has left an indelible footprint on this years playoff run. The Bolts will finally have a team capable of matching it's offensive depth player for player, and the Hawks have the all important experience factor as well. I just see the Bolts being the better team in a 7 game series, and a big reason is Bishop. It will be very interesting to see Tyler Johnson match up directly against Towes in this series, cause both are making a strong case for best player in the game today, so very fitting they go head to head to settle this debate. Towes has the historical edge, but Johnson is getting better literally by the period, with no peak in sight...he is just wicked good right now.

I am rooting for the Bolts. They have the speed and skill!

But I will not bet against the west since in general, even the 8th team in the west can usually trounce the top team in the east. There is that much of a difference in the conferences.

But I will not bet against the west since in general, even the 8th team in the west can usually trounce the top team in the east. There is that much of a difference in the conferences.

I agree in principal, but these two teams in particular are very evenly matched. We are in for a real treat, most likely a 7 game war of monumental proportions to decide who raises the holy grail of trophies!! 

This could be the last series Patrick Sharp may suit up for as a Hawk, somebody has to go with the cap situation, and Sharp, getting up there a bit in age, he might be the player selected. Then again, it might be Crawford who is shipped out of town. Imagine the irony if Crawford won it all, and gave way to Niemi, who was also shipped out after the 2010 Cup win. Funny, how these goalies are deemed expendable, yet they win with the plug in...lol, so they are doing something right. Just so very odd, usually when a goalie wins a Cup,  they are signed to a long term deal, no questions asked. The model is working though, so the Hawks are not looking so bad in their decision making process.

The rotating goalie thing, it shows that Bowman has a lot of faith in his system and their defense in particular. Seems like Bowman always makes home run hits when adding 4-5-6-7 dmen....except for the Kimo trade, almost all his other defensive moves have been gems. Johnny Odouja....a home run hit, not talked about a lot, but making it looks easy, eating lots of minutes, playing some solid d- as per usual.

I agree in principal, but these two teams in particular are very evenly matched. We are in for a real treat, most likely a 7 game war of monumental proportions to decide who raises the holy grail of trophies!! 

This could be the last series Patrick Sharp may suit up for as a Hawk, somebody has to go with the cap situation, and Sharp, getting up there a bit in age, he might be the player selected. Then again, it might be Crawford who is shipped out of town. Imagine the irony if Crawford won it all, and gave way to Niemi, who was also shipped out after the 2010 Cup win. Funny, how these goalies are deemed expendable, yet they win with the plug in...lol, so they are doing something right. Just so very odd, usually when a goalie wins a Cup,  they are signed to a long term deal, no questions asked. The model is working though, so the Hawks are not looking so bad in their decision making process.

The rotating goalie thing, it shows that Bowman has a lot of faith in his system and their defense in particular. Seems like Bowman always makes home run hits when adding 4-5-6-7 dmen....except for the Kimo trade, almost all his other defensive moves have been gems. Johnny Odouja....a home run hit, not talked about a lot, but making it looks easy, eating lots of minutes, playing some solid d- as per usual.

Crawford has a full no movement clause. He won't waive. They can't trade him, waive him or demote him.

Sharp, Seabrook and Bickell all have limited no trade clauses and are the only realistic options to move unless they refuse to option Saad.

Bowman kinda went all in this year because it is the last run they will have for years due to Toews and Kane's contracts kicking in next year

Hawks in six. I know it gets redundant to say the Western conference finals are the real Stanley Cup but until an Eastern conference team proves otherwise that is the way it is. 

Hawks in six. I know it gets redundant to say the Western conference finals are the real Stanley Cup but until an Eastern conference team proves otherwise that is the way it is. 

Well, at least we now *know* that the best team will win this thing. Really....a 4 day rest waiting for Game #1 of the finals? The Bolts will have a 5 day rest, which might actually be a bit to much. Every single game of the finals will have at *least* two days between them....and in the case of the awkward 3 day pause from the Wednesday night game to the Saturday night game....this is scheduled to happen twice.

No doubt it is to cater to NBC's need to have the finals games land on the Satruday, when more people will be watching, thus allowing them the luxury of charging more for their 30 second and 60 second commercial cycle...that is *really* what it's come down to ....a greedy network wanting to make the utmost out of their commercial airing....screw the fact their should *never* be a 3 day pause in the finals....it takes all the momentum out of the games....what a load of BS!!

Unless some of these games go to double or triple OT....cardio, at least over the long haul, will not be a part of this series. I didn't think back to backs would be fair, but geez.....3 games between games, TWICE...this looks and feels like a SELL OUT!!  Damn NBC is messing with the Cup!!

Hawks have faced 6'5" Pekka Rinne, 6'6" Devan Dubnyk, 6'4" Fredrick Anderson and now 6'7" Ben Bishop. If they win that has to be the longest board feet of goaltending any team has faced to win Stanley.

If the Bolts win, that will be two Cups for a small-market team in a non-traditional market with two completely different rosters in an 11 year period.

And the Flyers have 0 in 40.

Sheesh.

Hawks have faced 6'5" Pekka Rinne, 6'6" Devan Dubnyk, 6'4" Fredrick Anderson and now 6'7" Ben Bishop. If they win that has to be the longest board feet of goaltending any team has faced to win Stanley.

What an odd stat, very nice catch there young man!

I say Hawks in 6. I think their experience and Batman and Robin (Toews and Kane) will ultimately be the difference. It should be one of the best finals in a while, in terms of end to end action, and pure SPEED. If Bishop can steal a couple of games, which he is EXTREMELY capable of doing, he will give his very young team a great chance to win it all. I just don't see it this time around. The Hawks have their mojo back. Kimmo gets his Cup, even if he doesn't play. Play the man, coach Q!

Hawks in 6. Can't go against a team that has Toews, Kane and Keith.

One thing for sure, if the Bolts hope to win, they will need an awe inspiring effort from Hedman, because you know Kieth is gonna do his part on the Hawks blue line. I think one of the most underrated player on either team is Andre Sustr. This guy seems to be getting better with each period he plays. He exudes this quite confidence and is really growing and evolving at ragging the puck up the ice and making quick accurate break out passes....quite impressed with this kid. I'm really interested to see how he responds to the pressure in the Finals.

I voted upset and went with Lightning in 6.

Bold? Yep.
But this Lightning team has grown by leaps and bounds this entire season and in just these playoffs alone!

I think the Bolts, minus the SC experience, match up damned well with the Hawks (match up better than they would have against Anaheim), and I believe Tampa Bay can skate easily with the Hawks.

Ben Bishop vs the other goalies he's faced so far has been the underdog (except maybe Mrazek..though he was damned good vs TB), but I am giving the edge in goal to the Bolts here.

Chicago has the edge in battle tested (over several seasons) defense, maybe the edge in forwards (again, due to experience NOT talent...Bolts have just as much talent), and the Hawks definitely have the edge in attitude and demeanor as we all know they have 'been here, done this' before....while outside of Brendan Morrow with a Cup, and Brian Boyle, Anton Stralman, and Braydon Coburn with Conference Finals exp, the rest of the Lightning are brand spankin new to the craziness that is playing for the Cup.

Hence why I know if the Bolts win, it will be an upset. But I am calling it in 6!

Special teams is gonna be huge in this series...both teams have the potential to put out hella PP units...and, though its not talked about so much, how well the 3rd and 4th lines play and contribute is going to make the difference between close games and blowouts, winning the series or losing it!

Not sure if I am gonna last 3 days waiting on this......I am very, very happy to see Tampa Bay there...they FAR exceeded my expectations for them this season, but now that they are here, I want them to complete the mission, and bring Lord Stanley BACK to Florida where he hasn't been in 11 years!

Ribbet-collage.jpg

What are your predictions?

An influenza epidemic cancels the series?  :unsure[1]:

The Lightning players rip off their logo after shaking Buttman's hand to reveal that they're actually the Leafs in disguise! Then they grab the Stanley Cup and run to the border with it as quickly as possible! :ph34r: (Sorry, that was the last time I promise.)  :P 

An influenza epidemic cancels the series?  :unsure[1]:

The Lightning players rip off their logo after shaking Buttman's hand to reveal that they're actually the Leafs in disguise! Then they grab the Stanley Cup and run to the border with it as quickly as possible! :ph34r: (Sorry, that was the last time I promise.)  :P

When Kessel's turn to run with the cup comes along, he gets about 10 feet before running out of breath, drops it and the gig is up!

When Kessel's turn to run with the cup comes along, he gets about 10 feet before running out of breath, drops it and the gig is up!

Can you imagine how many donuts Kessel could fit in the cup during his day with it? ;)

Interesting stat I came across. Ben Bishop became the very first goalie in NHL history to post back to back shut-outs in his first 2 game #7's. When it is all said and done, something tells me that will not be the only record that Big Ben holds down.

Right about now the Tampa Bay and Senators trade may indeed go down as one of the most lop sided in NHL history. The trade was, Ben Bishop for Corey Conacher and a 4th round pick in the 2011 draft, who turned out to be Tobias Lindberg, a Right Winger from Sweden. After a promising rookie year, Conacher was dealt to the Sens, whee he promptly fell flat on his face, he was cut loose, outright released by the Sens, picked up by the Sabres, where he was once again, outright released. Murray got FLEECED in this deal by Stevie Y. In a league where it is near impossible to add a franchise goalie, either by trade or by draft.....Stevie Y got the job done in his second year as GM......and committed highway robbery in the process!!!

Archived