Pretty good "Meet Coach Hakstol" article

I think they got a keeper with this one. I think Hexy will live with the growing pains that will come with a new head coach and a new way of doing things.

He has some good young talent to work with and an already strong established core...the ones that don't fit what he is trying to do will be weeded out soon.

The next step is getting the Phantom head coach who can teach his system and what he expects for the kids when they are called up...it feels good that it seems this club is doing things the right way now.

The seed is planted now let's just watch it grow.

I hope this turns out to be a long term relationship...   I love everything I read about this guy.   Giving him a 5yr deal shows a lot of commitment to Hakstol which I really like.   There will be bumps in the road until he is acclimated to the NHL but love the fact this really feels like a "fresh start."

Great article, great guy and hopefully, great NHL coach.  Looking forward to the draft and the upcoming season, moreso than the past few agonizing seasons....they've been particularly hard to watch and enjoy.

Great article, great guy and hopefully, great NHL coach.  Looking forward to the draft and the upcoming season, moreso than the past few agonizing seasons....they've been particularly hard to watch and enjoy.

Agreed. Whouda thunk that the hiring of a coach would bring such promise? It will be very interesting to see which players respond and take their game to a new level and which ones do the opposite. 

Agreed. Whouda thunk that the hiring of a coach would bring such promise? It will be very interesting to see which players respond and take their game to a new level and which ones do the opposite.

I'm really looking forward to him working with everyone but maybe none more so than Brayden Schenn this kid needs a coach like him to give him direction and some confidence and to help him grow into the role which they will have for him. I really feel we will see this kid blossom under Hak and he will get Brayden to reach his full potential.

I'm really looking forward to him working with everyone but maybe none more so than Brayden Schenn this kid needs a coach like him to give him direction and some confidence and to help him grow into the role which they will have for him. I really feel we will see this kid blossom under Hak and he will get Brayden to reach his full potential. 

Yeah it's Brayden that comes to mind for me too. Coots too, and the kids that are coming up in the next few years. 

I so much wanted to start a thread with Coach Hakstol, but driving 100 miles to a job site, took all my time.

Here's a sneak peak at our coach:

At 9:47 he's mic'd up so we can hear him. Man! talk about attention to detail....at 12:00 he miraculously transforms to a goalie coach....enjoy fellas!

I have a feeling Flyer Fans adopted a hockey town in North Dakota and the same the other way around, more so than the old Flyers West relationship. Welcome to the family Fighting Sioux and thank you for having us as one of your own as well, we seem to be of the same fiber....Here's to winning....Here's to working hard and working smart...

Cheers.

Great article and video.  I am truly excited to see him behind the bench.  A new era of Flyers hockey is about to begin.  I believe he will bring the accountability that has been missing from this team for years.  His attention to detail is going to be welcomed here.  Training camp can't start soon enough.

Could not agree any more.  B Schenn is the guy I think has the most untapped potential, just ahead of Coots.  He has shown flashes of how good he can be and he can really bust some heads if he plays that game consistently.   I really thought he was breaking out during his 1st season here when they were playing the Pens in that crazy game at the end of the season.  He was hitting, he was strong on the puck and he was smart with the puck.  I really hope we can see that B Schenn night in and night out!  Hak has helped to develop some great players, so hopefully he sees guys like Schenn and Coots as projects to get to the next level.  Both players should still be considered important core players for the long term future of this team. 

I so much wanted to start a thread with Coach Hakstol, but driving 100 miles to a job site, took all my time.

Here's a sneak peak at our coach:

At 9:47 he's mic'd up so we can hear him. Man! talk about attention to detail....at 12:00 he miraculously transforms to a goalie coach....enjoy fellas!

I have a feeling Flyer Fans adopted a hockey town in North Dakota and the same the other way around, more so than the old Flyers West relationship. Welcome to the family Fighting Sioux and thank you for having us as one of your own as well, we seem to be of the same fiber....Here's to winning....Here's to working hard and working smart...

Cheers.

Nice video. Flyers prospect Michael Parks give some instructions on how to protect the puck at about 13:16...we should be hearing about them signing him soon i think.

Thanks! Occasional lurker, looking to contribute, and to be entertained.. :D

Trust me ..you WILL be entertained! We have alot great posters / members here!  Don't be shy! :)

I love the hire of Hakstol more and more, especially with regards to everything that's been written about him. He's going to bring much needed structure and role definition to Philadelphia and guys are really going to thrive under his watch. Maybe it's the optimist in me, but I think this is going to be a playoff bound club that nobody's going to want to face. I'm really looking forward to seeing how guys like Couturier, Schenn, Laughton and Cousins develop under Hakstol's watch and I'm confident that Giroux, Voracek and Simmonds will elevate their games to another level. I know the defense needs work, but I think once the off season is over and it comes time for training camp, there's going to be some big changes with 1 through 6 on the club. I'm liking how things are shaping up.

I love the hire of Hakstol more and more, especially with regards to everything that's been written about him. He's going to bring much needed structure and role definition to Philadelphia and guys are really going to thrive under his watch. Maybe it's the optimist in me, but I think this is going to be a playoff bound club that nobody's going to want to face. I'm really looking forward to seeing how guys like Couturier, Schenn, Laughton and Cousins develop under Hakstol's watch and I'm confident that Giroux, Voracek and Simmonds will elevate their games to another level. I know the defense needs work, but I think once the off season is over and it comes time for training camp, there's going to be some big changes with 1 through 6 on the club. I'm liking how things are shaping up.

I'm with you, 16

@flyercanuck  Frank comes across ok in the research articles, that was a nice piece, worth the 3 page read. The one line says it all for me, his teams have produced more NHL captains than any other feeder programs. That means he not only can recruit talent, he knows just when to promote it. Dave's walking away from what resembles a religion in ND....so the money and the chance to win, had to be there. He does not seem like the type that want's to be an NHL coach, he wants to be a champion NHL coach, and that distinction is huge.

@G-Force  Welcome, ha....your name took me by surprise, it's my nickname around Windsor, given to me decades ago and it stuck....a play on my last name. Great to have you, only been through Manitoba when I was a young kid, and my Dad was driving in a snowstorm....so don't remember much, but I have a TON of respect for residents of that province....is there even a soft Manitoba resident currently in the NHL? I don't think it's allowed....lol.

Archived