• Victor Hedman
    • Tyler Johnson
    • Nikita Kucherov
    • Corey Crawford
    • Marian Hossa
    • Ben Bishop
    • Patrick Kane
    • Antoine Vermette

I would say Duncan Keith, who has been a kickstarter for both of Chicago's offense, and a stabilizer and iron man on the blue line. He leads the league with a +/- of +13 for the playoffs. If this series goes 7, and Chicago wins it on the road, with a few big goals, I might very well consider giving it to Antoine Vermette as a dark-horse candidate. Vermette has been a generator and recipient of a lot of scoring chances, although he only has 7 points for the playoffs.   I guess he's happy not being stuck in Arizona anymore, eh?  Also, honorable mention has to go to Andrew Shaw, but unfortunately for him, they give it to somebody who scores a lot of points, and he only has 12 for the playoffs. Every time he takes a shift, he seems to generate energy and tremendous scoring chances, as well as big hits and overall TENACITY.  Of course, I have the right to change my opinion over the last 2 games but so far, this is how I see it.

A case could be made for Crawford, who has been very good, if not great, lately. I just can't vote for him due to his early playoff struggles when he was "yo-yoed" back and forth by Quenneville between he and Scott Darling early on in the playoffs.

If Victor Hedman has a killer Games 6 and 7...I'd say that, along with what he has done for his team throughout the playoffs, may have him steal away that honor from Duncan Keith.

Otherwise, I have no problem with Keith being it.

I voted for Keith, but hesitated thinking Hedman.  If Tampa wins this and Hedman is big in the remaining two games, you're right that he may steal it.

I went with Duncan Keith,  just a marvelous postseason.

The three others that I considered were Hedman who is getting his dues on the national stage, Toews who is, well, Toews and Tyler Johnson, without his heroics in two previous series the Lightning would undoubtedly not be where they are now.

Tyler Johnson for the Bolts. Duncan Keith or Toews for the hawks. Honorable mention to Hedman.

Johnson just sticks out. The man has scored some huge goals and assists thus far propelling his team to victory during the crunch.

Keith may very well be the obvious choice though. Depleted blueline. Playing Ray Bourque like minutes and defense to compensate

@J0e Th0rnton

Johnson has disappeared. I know he is injured, but the Conn Smythe shouldn't be given out for what you did in the first 2 rounds.

I expect him to come out flying. Injury or not. First 3 rounds I think you mean.

In every series, he had a few games with no points. But he still scored the 3rd goal in their 4-3 win in game 2 and got an assist to tie it in their game 3 win.

Against Detroit, he was scoreless and -3 in 4 games. but he had 6 goals, an assist and +6 in 3 games

He went scoreless in 2 games against Montreal, but still came out with 2 goals and 3 assists in the other 4 games :)

He was scoreless in games 4 and 5 against NYR, but scored 4 goals and 5 assists in the other 5 games :)

He has yet to go scoreless 3 games in a row this postseason. Bank on a huge clutch game from him to force game 7.

@J0e Th0rnton

Right, 3 rounds. led the team in scoring against the Wings, was 3rd against the Habs, led them again against the Rangers and is in a 3 way tie for 7th right now against the Hawks. You don't get the Conn Smythe for what you could have done, you get it for what you do. He's been excellent up until the finals. And it sucks he's injured, because if he was healthy he could be the difference. But he's not. 

Meanwhile Keith and Hedman have been horses for their teams. 

I have Johnson in my playoff pool. He was one of the main reasons I jumped into first right off the bat and held it for 3 rounds. He's also one of the main reasons why I fell out of first in the finals.

@J0e Th0rnton

Johnson has disappeared. I know he is injured, but the Conn Smythe shouldn't be given out for what you did in the first 2 rounds.

Johnson isn't used to the grind on this level, and I think the wear and tear of the having to play in the playoffs with such a high amount of intensity has worn him down some. In addition to him being injured, Chicago is REALLY making it tough on him to have any space out there to skate and make plays in, but no, (unless he goes Gretzky-like off in putting up points in Games 6 in 7) I would not consider him seriously for the Conn Smythe.

Archived