O'Reilly arrested for DWI

ScottM

4786.png

http://thehockeywriters.com/sabres-center-ryan-oreilly-arrested/

Ryan O'Reilly has been arrested for DWI in Middlesex County, Ontario. He allegedly hit a Tim Hortons restaurant while driving under the influence, then drove the vehicle a little further before abandoning it. His Twitter account is currently deactivated. I'm sure this isn't the start he or the Sabres had hoped for.

4786.png

http://thehockeywriters.com/sabres-center-ryan-oreilly-arrested/

Ryan O'Reilly has been arrested for DWI in Middlesex County, Ontario. He allegedly hit a Tim Hortons restaurant while driving under the influence, then drove the vehicle a little further before abandoning it. His Twitter account is currently deactivated. I'm sure this isn't the start he or the Sabres had hoped for.

Are you ****** kidding me???

maxresdefault.jpg

So a Buffalo Sabre is cited for DWI when he crashes a car into a restaurant named after a Buffalo Sabre who died while driving drunk?

I didn't even think about the fact that Horton ended his career in Buffalo when I posted the thread, but wow is that ironic...

I didn't even think about the fact that Horton ended his career in Buffalo when I posted the thread, but wow is that ironic...

Driving a car given to him by the owner of the team the summer before to entice him to play one more season...

Driving a car given to him by the owner of the team the summer before to entice him to play one more season...

Yep. That was one of the saddest episodes of NHL history, made even more so by the fact that Horton was such a class act.

Evander Kane and O'Reilly as Eichel's mentors.

The best part is, they have not yet had the presser regarding O'Reilly resigning yet. But that one gets skipped :lol:

http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/ryan-oreilly-wants-leadership-role-with-sabres/

Ryan O’Reilly wants leadership role with Sabres

The Sabres want him to be one of the guys to shepherd a team filled with youngsters.

“I think it’s going to be a big challenge with me,” O’Reilly said Monday on a conference call. “I think in the past with Colorado I wasn’t really looked at as much of a leader. I think … with the Sabres I have to be a more vocal guy, be that more off-ice leader and on-ice as well.”

I feel like I am kicking a man when he is down, but.....

SMH...

Where have all the sports heroes gone??

I've ALWAYS like Ryan O'Reilly.

Always defended him when people said he was "overrated"....always thought he would be worth whatever ridiculous contract some team ended up giving him.

I thought he would do well growing along with a up n coming core in Buffalo now that the nastiness between he and the Avs were behind him.

That I know of, he never got in trouble in Denver, CO (the NOW Mary Jane capital of the United States), always seem to play the game of hockey the right way, especially taking a minimal amount of penalty minutes (this guy is a Lady Byng candidate for puck's sake!) .....then gets traded to the Sabres, gets paid, is in the catbird's seat with regards to carving his own destiny...........and he gets arrested for THIS act of utter stupidity.

And all this before Evander Kane had any chance to grab the law enforcement spotlight.

Jack Eichel's gotta be thinking, "Wait a second...Sabres tanked to get either Connor or myself...I better tank, show bust, so the Sabres can ship my arse out West somewhere...."

Ryan O'Reilly, you sir, are off my favorite players list.

And if you don't care, well consider when you are up for your next contract (assuming this one you just signed doesn't get voided), your next employer will want to know what TFG thinks.

And right now, she thinks you suck! :huh:

The Sabres have issued a statement regarding the O'Reilly situation, and not surprisingly, they're saying very little.

"We are aware of the reports regarding the incident involving Ryan O'Reilly last week. We are currently in the process of gathering more information and will have no further comment until we have spoken with all parties involved."

Well, let's wait for the facts but it looks bad. I don't know how it works in Canada and if it does whether the police will throw the book at him BUT he left the scene of the accident and then "abandoned" his vehicle. That is at least to more misdemeanors here in the USA and leaving the scene of an accident while intoxicated I believe can be a felony... Move over LA, there is a new contender on the rise, and we are not talking the race for the cup...

What a maroon. He went from being one of my favorite NHLers to the bottom of the list. Pure speculation, you don't go to a Tim Horton's for donuts from alcohol, you go due to other substances. Mixing weed and beer don't mix Mr. O'Reilly......

“I think it’s going to be a big challenge with me,” O’Reilly said Monday on a conference call. “I think in the past with Colorado I wasn’t really looked at as much of a leader. I think … with the Sabres I have to be a more vocal guy, be that more off-ice leader and on-ice as well.”

Off to a great start ROH. I guess $52 million can really impair your judgment. ROR just set the leadership bar, Evander Kane your move. ;)  :D

LOL @ Buffalo sports fans because this incident comes just days after the Buffalo Bills OL coach punches a kid in the face and threatens him and his family during a "fishing incident" in Florida.

If everyone would just spend more time at Applebee's this kind of stuff wouldn't happen :ph34r:

This isn't sour grapes but if I was a Buffalo fan my excitement about the team potentially turning around would be tempered by the quality of the guys doing it. It's hard to root for morons even when they are your team's morons. They can only hope that Eichel is of the highest integrity, has a good group of "advisors" around him and can stay above the drama of Kane and ROR. It's a shame the rest of the team and the fans who have waited a long time have to deal with two wingnuts (no offense wingnut) like that....

It's a shame the rest of the team and the fans who have waited a long time have to deal with two wingnuts (no offense wingnut) like that....

Buffalo fans are really great fans of the game. Of course, there are exceptions to every rule...

original.jpg

what a role model.... confused.gif

Well, Giroux wouldn't be walking away from the cop like that.

:ph34r:

Archived