Game #4 - Hawks at Flyers - Oct 14 2015 - 8:00 (Timonen night)

brelic

agreed... don't get me wrong I really was impressed by what Gagner brought.  

I wasn't being critical, just figuring Simmonds' has a better goal scoring touch so they might want him up with Coots. Then again, Gagner might be a better complementary player to that line, right? Either way, it will take a quarter of the season or more to really shake out.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To late to predict anything, but I just wanted to say.....how sweet is it to have a former goalie as GM??   Neuvirth was available to the entire league, and Hexy....knowing talent in net when he see's it....swoops in and signs him to a nice cheap deal....what an awesome deal. Hexy just get's it!!   I feel very secure knowing he is running things. A million times better than Homercoaster!!

A game and a half of shut out hockey and counting!!!   

I might add, Neuvirth a former Windsor Spitfire....and MUCH better than the previous Spits goalie with the Flyers.....the infamous Leaky Leighton!!

To late to predict anything, but I just wanted to say.....how sweet is it to have a former goalie as GM?? Neuvirth was available to the entire league, and Hexy....knowing talent in net when he see's it....swoops in and signs him to a nice cheap deal....what an awesome deal. Hexy just get's it!! I feel very secure knowing he is running things. A million times better than Homercoaster!!

A game and a half of shut out hockey and counting!!!

I might add, Neuvirth a former Windsor Spitfire....and MUCH better than the previous Spits goalie with the Flyers.....the infamous Leaky Leighton!!

Icksnay on the utshay outay

Del Zotto has officially become a top pairing guy. He was nothing short of brilliant tonight and he really has become a very good all around defender. 25:31 of ice time tonight and was a key PK guy. He finally gets it. And Sean Couturier looks like a completely different player. His skating is better, he seems to be more physical now and he looks more confident in the offensive zone. Couts was also superb tonight. And this doesn't even include Laughton, who looks like he's going to be a very valuable contributor. I thought the team as a whole looked disorganized this pre-season, but they've actually played well in three of their four games so far. I'm not expecting playoffs, but they're competitive.

Hello:

I saw a good work ethic. And they didn't take dumb penalties (Gudas' delay of game was marginal). After the shellacking I saw in Sunrise last Saturday, the turnaround is quite remarkable.  Who knows; we may have the best goalie tandem in the last 25 years.  I agree the playoffs may not be in the picture but this is probably not an embarrassment either. 

Howie

(Gudas' delay of game was marginal)

He barely missed the glass i'm not mad at him he didn't just blindly or carelessly sling it he just missed the top of the glass he had good intentions...besides to see him plaster Kane along the boards/glass was sweet. Overall the Flyers need his physical presence back there him and MDV make a nice pair.

I agree the playoffs may not be in the picture

Hey G scored a 5 on 5 goal.....so anything is possible with this group if they continue to hustle and play 60 minutes.

Too early to call right now a lot of teams are struggling right a couple we thought easily would be better than the Flyers right now. So if they continue to play hard win games build a lead by stacking points who knows. And they are getting lights out play from their backup goalie...this team may surprise some folks this season.

Right now they are 1 point behind the Rags and in 2nd place in the Metro no one here would have thought that was possible out the gates this season with this group of defenseman....i know i didn't hey just keep it going.

Last time the Hawks beat the Flyers in Philly Garth was the losing goalie - I think I read that somewhere. Back in '96.

Crazy how the Flyers just have their number at home. Too bad it doesn't (or didnt) seem to carry over into the POs.

This... he was outstanding last night.

Hell of a game by him last night loved seeing the physical side of him battling for pucks!

Even though he didn't score a goal that might have been his best game in a Flyer uniform yet.

Heckuva game last night. They won, which is awesome, but even taking out the homer glasses, the game itself was really entertaining. Awesome pace, great chances for both teams, great goaltending on both sides.

The biggest difference I notice through the first four games for the Flyers is how the defensemen are pinching and challenging the offensive breakout. More often than not, they either keep the play alive in the offensive zone or disrupt the breakout enough that the forwards are all back and they stand tall at the blueline, creating a wall that prevents easy carry-ins. Big difference from last year. And in the three games I've watched, it has paid off. I watched 6:30 minutes of the 7-1 loss and that was enough (down 0-4).

EDIT: And how HUGE was that shorthanded stop on Hossa? A few minutes later we score to make it 2-0, instead of 1-1.

Archived