Johansen available? - Traded to Nashville

http://www.tsn.ca/trade-bait-johansen-available-in-columbus-1.399379

But what would the cost be to land Johansen?

From the Sharks?

Mueller+Goldobin+Wingels+1st 2017? Or some combination with Hertl would make more sense?

Not likely enough, but would not be willing to give up Couture, who has a NTC anyways.

Ortio on Waivers is intriguing. The Sharks are, well, completely bare in goalie prospects except 1 years away.

Mueller+Goldobin+Wingels+1st 2017? Or some combination with Hertl would make more sense?

That seems like a reasonable offer to me. How is Mueller progressing is a key question.

Goldy, you know I love him, but how is he viewed by others at this point? Is he still a player who could score 100 pts in the NHL or does he fail to make the NHL and go back to Russia and score 8 goals a game in 2nd tier Russian leagues (MHL?) What's your take on his play through 9 games of limited minutes?

That seems like a reasonable offer to me. How is Mueller progressing is a key question.

Goldy, you know I love him, but how is he viewed by others at this point? Is he still a player who could score 100 pts in the NHL or does he fail to make the NHL and go back to Russia and score 8 goals a game in 2nd tier Russian leagues (MHL?) What's your take on his play through 9 games of limited minutes?

Not sure. He has tremendous offensive instincts, but can get in the doghouse quick with defensive lapses. My opinion of him is he needed a full year in the AHL. He will need top 6 minutes to succeed and we are kinda full in top 6(Hell, top 9 even)

Not enough guaranteed scoring coming back to the Jackets....if I'm Columbus, I end and start this conversation with Logan Couture or Joe Pavelski....takes talent to procure talent. Why should they give up their franchise player for anything less than SJ's franchise guys?

Not enough guaranteed scoring coming back to the Jackets....if I'm Columbus, I end and start this conversation with Logan Couture or Joe Pavelski....takes talent to procure talent. Why should they give up their franchise player for anything less than SJ's franchise guys?

Not even sure why they are taking calls on Johansen to be honest. We know the Jackets Pres doesn't like him and Torts almost certainly doesn't like him. But players like him do not grow on trees.

Coots and Pavs are too much better than Johansen(Defensively much better with comparable offense) for me to even think of that.

Also, if any team needs a #1 C, it is the Preds. Ribiero and Fisher are not cutting it and getting old.

But the cost would be Seth Jones + Fiala I am guessing. But Poile believes in building from Defense and Goaltending out, so he may balk at the idea of trading any of his meticulously drafted Dmen.

Not even sure why they are taking calls on Johansen to be honest. We know the Jackets Pres doesn't like him and Torts almost certainly doesn't like him. But players like him do not grow on trees.

Coots and Pavs are too much better than Johansen(Defensively much better with comparable offense) for me to even think of that.

Johansen has looked disinterested and completely out of sorts, I think he is much better suited as a spear carrier, albeit an extremely talented and skilled one than a team leader. Lunchpail guys like Johnson and dubinsky who are not a pimple on the rear of the talented Swede talent wise bring what they have every night, johansen quite frankly does not. I have been to Nationwide once so far this year, he was plain awful, I believe a minus three and won maybe twenty percent of his faceoffs. He needs somewhere that he is just a guy, the face of the franchise is not for him. That said, if the Wings get into the bidding I would be ecstatic. Not sure the cost but pony up Kenny Holland and let him tutor under Z and Kronner. Just  dreaming of course, no way Columbus sends him that close to them and someone would have to wake Kenny Holland up and tell him what year it is.

Johansen has looked disinterested and completely out of sorts, I think he is much better suited as a spear carrier, albeit an extremely talented and skilled one than a team leader. Lunchpail guys like Johnson and dubinsky who are not a pimple on the rear of the talented Swede talent wise bring what they have every night, johansen quite frankly does not. I have been to Nationwide once so far this year, he was plain awful, I believe a minus three and won maybe twenty percent of his faceoffs. He needs somewhere that he is just a guy, the face of the franchise is not for him. That said, if the Wings get into the bidding I would be ecstatic. Not sure the cost but pony up Kenny Holland and let him tutor under Z and Kronner. Just  dreaming of course, no way Columbus sends him that close to them and someone would have to wake Kenny Holland up and tell him what year it is.

Not sure if I would do that. They would demand Larkin, with no if's and's or but's. Positionally they would be giving up their only #1 C and would want a future #1 C in return. Larkin's natural position even though he is not playing it right now

Larkin looks like a stud himself

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RJ8812 said:

Johansen from Columbus to Nashville for Seth Jones.

Great trade for Columbus. That defense, with Murray, Jones, Carlsson and Werenski is going to be a world class top 4. I know some question who will be the number 1 center, but Alex Wennberg is very highly thought of throughout the organization and is a great play maker with a very good two way game. He should slide right in on a line with Foligno and not look out of place at all. 

7 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Great trade for Columbus. That defense, with Murray, Jones, Carlsson and Werenski is going to be a world class top 4. I know some question who will be the number 1 center, but Alex Wennberg is very highly thought of throughout the organization and is a great play maker with a very good two way game. He should slide right in on a line with Foligno and not look out of place at all. 

Not only a great trade, but Poile ROBBED him by only giving up Jones

As I said below

On 2015-11-26 at 7:56 PM, J0e Th0rnton said:

Also, if any team needs a #1 C, it is the Preds. Ribiero and Fisher are not cutting it and getting old.

But the cost would be Seth Jones + Fiala I am guessing. But Poile believes in building from Defense and Goaltending out, so he may balk at the idea of trading any of his meticulously drafted Dmen.

Poile must have literally played Hardball all the way to get a 70+ point 30 goal #1 C for an unproven Dman who still falls into #4 category due to lack of offense

It depends on what Jones becomes. He's still very young and a defenseman, so it might take him a few years yet to really come into his own. If he reaches his potential this deal ends up being a #1 center for a #1 defenseman. They're both hard to find in this league. The other thing to keep in mind is Columbus is in the running for Auston Matthews. So they could end up flipping Johansen for Jones, and then have Matthews to replace Johansen as their #1 center. It'll be interesting to see if they go all Arizona/Buffalo and embrace the tank the rest of the season.

On 2016-01-07 at 9:24 PM, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

That defense, with Murray, Jones, Carlsson and Werenski is going to be a world class top 4.

Man, we are gonna be treated to a decade plus of Philly's wicked young talented defense head to head against division rival Blue Jackets defense. Once they all get situated in the NHL, we are gonna be in for a treat watching these two defenses clash so many times per year.

On 2016-01-07 at 4:41 AM, J0e Th0rnton said:

Poile must have literally played Hardball all the way to get a 70+ point 30 goal #1 C for an unproven Dman who still falls into #4 category due to lack of offense

In all fairness, Jones was denied a lot of power play time because of the presence of Josi and Weber. Of course, no way is he playing in front of those studs....but I really think that Jones could have really benefited from handling the puck on the pp and gaining confidence. He was on the 2nd pp with Ryan Ellis, but being there kinda stunted his growth, at least the way I see it.

I'm wondering now, will we see Werenski and Jones as the eventual top pp guys for the Jackets? I'm betting that Jones gets every oppurtunity to claim the top pp qb spot while Werenski is not quite ready. The GM always looks for ways to pad the stats of the guy he acquired, thus making him look better, and this looks like one of those situations. Despite the slow start this year again, a real good chance Jones develops into the stud he was forecasted to be.

Basically, this trade shows faith in a couple players. It looks like Nashville is impressed with Ryan Ellis and he should get more ice time now that Jones is gone. Wenberg on Columbus should now take over as the #1 center. There will be growing pains, but his value just skyrocketed. Perhaps Boone Jenner moves back to center and you have a Jenner-Wennberg 1-2 punch for years to come. Pretty sure Rychel will be playing with one of these two guys when it is all said and done.

6 hours ago, jammer2 said:

In all fairness, Jones was denied a lot of power play time because of the presence of Josi and Weber. Of course, no way is he playing in front of those studs....but I really think that Jones could have really benefited from handling the puck on the pp and gaining confidence. He was on the 2nd pp with Ryan Ellis, but being there kinda stunted his growth, at least the way I see it.

I'm wondering now, will we see Werenski and Jones as the eventual top pp guys for the Jackets? I'm betting that Jones gets every oppurtunity to claim the top pp qb spot while Werenski is not quite ready. The GM always looks for ways to pad the stats of the guy he acquired, thus making him look better, and this looks like one of those situations. Despite the slow start this year again, a real good chance Jones develops into the stud he was forecasted to be.

Basically, this trade shows faith in a couple players. It looks like Nashville is impressed with Ryan Ellis and he should get more ice time now that Jones is gone. Wenberg on Columbus should now take over as the #1 center. There will be growing pains, but his value just skyrocketed. Perhaps Boone Jenner moves back to center and you have a Jenner-Wennberg 1-2 punch for years to come. Pretty sure Rychel will be playing with one of these two guys when it is all said and done.

That I agree with. However, Jones did get plenty of 2nd pairing PP time with Josi and Weber both playing on the 1st PP. Around 2 and a half minutes a game(Josi and Weber only get 3 minutes a game)

I hope he converts more, but Laviolette's system usually emphasizes defense providing offense, while Columbus plays a more stay at home style. We will see how it goes. Obviously I have my eye on Jones in my work league(Already own Johansen lol)

29 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Johanson 1g 1a +2

Jones zero points -2 

Nashville wins the trade. :ph34r:

No, I win the trade. I have Forsberg on both my fantasy teams.

43 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Scored on his first shot as a Pred.

And it was a beauty. A no look shot that had everyone in the arena thinking he was passing.

A no look snipe into the top corner.

So glad I have him in my work league

Archived