Lecavalier... eeeinteresting.

Bakanekimiwa

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one is interested in trading for Vinny. Don't kid yourself 

Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull  1h1 hour ago

Lecavalier reportedly has back issues that have resurfaced. If he is put on LTIR, it will solve a lot of potential cap issues.

giphy.gif

Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull  1h1 hour ago

Lecavalier reportedly has back issues that have resurfaced. If he is put on LTIR, it will solve a lot of potential cap issues.

giphy.gif

LTIR for life, then trade him to Arizona once Pronger is off their cap

Salacious tweet from Philadelphia Flyers this morning... 

Per GM Ron Hextall: Vincent Lecavalier will not skate today; there will be an update tomorrow.

What do we make of this? Nothing? Reportedly scouts from Montreal have been spotted at recent Flyer games as well as Flyer scouts at Mon. 

I don't really see how Vinny to Mon makes much sense unless we eat a lot of salary. And the obvious, he's French Canadian... fwiw. 

Why would scouts go to a Flyers game to watch VLC?   That's like going the Palin house to see a virgin.   

Did they go to see whether VLC drops any popcorn while serving it?

Salacious tweet from Philadelphia Flyers this morning... 

Per GM Ron Hextall: Vincent Lecavalier will not skate today; there will be an update tomorrow.

What do we make of this? Nothing? Reportedly scouts from Montreal have been spotted at recent Flyer games as well as Flyer scouts at Mon. 

I don't really see how Vinny to Mon makes much sense unless we eat a lot of salary. And the obvious, he's French Canadian... fwiw. 

it would be a dream come true, but Montreal can't fit him under their cap.  The only way I could see this happening is if Hexy agreed to take on 4/5 of Vinny's Salary at which point he might as well just buy him out it would cost less. 

Good point.

In the right system I think Vinny could perform.  

It wouldn't be a winning system and it wouldn't be montreal's current system and it would mostly involve VInny scoring on the Power play (at least he could conceivably hit the net).

Still...

Absolutely. But I just don't see him "retiring" at this point. And I don't think the bonus is as big an issue if the Flyers retain salary in the deal (but it's a good point - he gets $500K on July 1).

Either then or now, VLC and retain $2M for "future considerations."

Get it done Hexy :)

I mean he could retire now.  I wouldn't have that much integrity if I were him.  I'd stay and get paid.  It's a lot of money.  But he could now be at the point where he's just saying, alright I accept that I'm done and can't compete any more.

Still...  Not sure why they'd announce he's not skating because of a retirement.  That doesn't make any sense.  Just call the presser and let him do it.  

He's either hurt or there's a deal of some kind (as unlikely as that sounds).  

Scouts at a Flyers GAME has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with VLC if he's not even playing.  What does watching the game tell them about Vinnie if he's not IN THE GAME??

I'm pretty sure it tells them plenty actually, as in: "wow, Lecavalier can't even crack this sad excuse for a hockey team!"

Archived